Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

21 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Like 2019-2020.    The injuries forced us to use a lot of 2 TE... there was a post where we used it the most, buy had like the 31st ranked yards per play average or something. 

For as good as the 2 are individually,  the results were not good.  

2020 was a train wreck. Terrible QB play. Oline disaster. Ertz fell off a cliff with his dissatisfaction of still being here. Not really sure what we can extrapolate from that offense. The offense was terrible every which way is about all we know. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Brady retiring 

Not too bad for a 6th round pick

29 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We were his last victim 

We were one of many so we're in good company.

His dad and a few others are saying Brady hasn’t made a decision yet

Who knows? Maybe Brady just wants to be the one to break the news out of his own mouth.

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Is it better when both TE can block or both have to be respected receivers? Goedert is good at both. That ideal. But I could skin that cat either way.

I only need one receiving TE...otherwise I will use 3 WRs.  Its like using two centers in basketball,  and keeping them outside shooting 3s.  I can use a guard for that.  If a formation or lineup is supposed to have a size or power advantage,  then those players should have those skills sets.   

Are you better off with JJAW or DeVante Adams at WR in the run game. JJAW is a superior blocker for sure. But I think Adams opens up the run game much more with his superior receiving skills.

Right.... for a WR... but the double TE set is supposed to give a physical advantage blocking.  

2020 was a train wreck. Terrible QB play. Oline disaster. Ertz fell off a cliff with his dissatisfaction of still being here. Not really sure what we can extrapolate from that offense. The offense was terrible every which way is about all we know. 

And then 2018... Idk what to tell you...the running game was better without Ertz, it's just fact!.    Goedert and Ertz didn't produce as a combo because the sum is less than the individual parts. You can argue theory, we saw it on the field and on the stat sheet.

24 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

And then 2018... Idk what to tell you...the running game was better without Ertz, it's just fact!.    Goedert and Ertz didn't produce as a combo because the sum is less than the individual parts. You can argue theory, we saw it on the field and on the stat sheet.

Are you basically saying you couldn’t have Tony Gonzales help in his way as one of two TE for the running game?

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Are you basically saying you couldn’t have Tony Gonzales help in his way as one of two TE for the running game?

I'm saying Ertz and Goedert didn't work.  You make up the rest per usual. 

8 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I'm saying Ertz and Goedert didn't work.  You make up the rest per usual. 

True , per the it’s more, I’m asking if you can’t see the value of the respect a defense gives a solid pass catcher. 

56 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right.... for a WR... but the double TE set is supposed to give a physical advantage blocking.  

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

The Josh Adams fifth string Rb season we had lesser rushing numbers is your point I would think more than pointing to a young Goedert Ertz rushing effort. Smallwood a couple games. Sproles a two games. Ajayi one game. Think we got Boston Scott on the team that year.

2019 we unleashed Miles Sanders. Goedert got much more involved obviously with experience.

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We were his last victim 

They backtracked on the he is retiring report now it is Brady is unsure what he wants to do lol 

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Are you better off with JJAW or DeVante Adams at WR in the run game. JJAW is a superior blocker for sure. But I think Adams opens up the run game much more with his superior receiving skills.

Don’t think this remotely compares to a TE especially not Ertz he was good but he wasn’t demanding the attention downfield a Adams or a Hill would command or attracting two defenders 

13 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

True , per the it’s more, I’m asking if you can’t see the value of the respect a defense gives a solid pass catcher. 

Would 5 of Zach Ertz ....being pass catchers and all... do you think that would work in the run game?     5 possession type WRs.   Without standout physical size or speed?  

Mahomes…..choked. Tried to throw an interception that was dropped. Then actually had the interception.

Mahomes injured in the SB and not having his Oline last year. Then choking this year and underwhelming for a good amount of the AFC Championship this year. Just shows how fickle things are in this league. ARod only won one Lombardi. Things can slide away so quickly. Brees won one. The money will be catching up on the Chiefs after trying to go for it several years in a row now and paying their QB.

57 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Godduh do a beder job dere!  

Bronze Standard this year.

Archived