Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

56 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LOL yeah he is the ONLY guy that does that in the entire league. 

More lemming thoughts 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

BINGO

Yep….all the defensive guys…not to appease Gannon….but it’s all for Hurts.

34 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So what if we lost week 1???? Is that loss any more important than a week 12 loss????  I'm not following apparently(no shock there lol). Going 0-1 takes us out of playoff berths immediately???? I mean OMG kiss a wild card goodbye LOL

My point would be about giving up the easy win. Things will be much more difficult if we don’t pull off a win vs the easiest teams on the schedule. In my experience the best teams can lose to the lowest teams week one. It’s a crap shoot. So losing yo the Lions week one would be a significant blow to our postseason seeding…,just my opinion.

34 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Didn't check,do we play any "international games" I think this is the dumbest idea. I get there are NFL fans abroad and they are after more money,but it really curbs home field advantage for those teams since there is no real advantage at a neutral site

Nope. We did pick up Australia, New Zealand and Ghana to be official Eagles supporting nations. Whatever that means.

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Exactly what I’m saying. You guys want to go see in detail about Hurts who is still under contract for two more seasons and can be tagged. But looking ahead towards the coaching is out of bounds now?

We're NOT going to TAG him(if we did we're dumber than 2 boxes of rocks). We will either sign him to a long term or he goes away. This is the year to decide that. Its not the same thing at all. You complain about cap,yet would be willing to tag a QB without knowing he is your guy? We gonna tag a coach?

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Or…..we could look towards a top coach that runs the3-4 as HC.

Don't you think we did that when Ped's job came available?(34 or 43 no matter) or do you plan on signing coaches on 1 year deals?

More lemming thoughts 

Business is filled with Lemmings, that's how they succeed. You want to go against the grain and try anything that isn't mainstream LOL. Welp all 32 teams will differ with you. There are reasons things are mainstream,because they work. Now tell me which teams that are competitive spend NO MONEY and have cap space out the yingy? Once again the owners job is to make money. How do you do that? But making a competitive team so fans buy goods,go to games and support the team. So sure we can save alot of money and be basement dwellers forever. great plan!! All teams spend and all teams will decide when it's time to go all in unless they want to fill their trophy case with bronze statues

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yep….all the defensive guys…not to appease Gannon….but it’s all for Hurts.

The longer Hurts is on the field, the more points he and the offense can score. Your defense, if they are good will provide that. Yet you can't understand this simple point LOL. Improvements to the defense benefit the offense,not real tough here LOL

My point would be about giving up the easy win. Things will be much more difficult if we don’t pull off a win vs the easiest teams on the schedule. In my experience the best teams can lose to the lowest teams week one. It’s a crap shoot. So losing yo the Lions week one would be a significant blow to our postseason seeding…,just my opinion.

Nope. We did pick up Australia, New Zealand and Ghana to be official Eagles supporting nations. Whatever that means.

It means that teams that play there have NO home field advantage

Things will be much more difficult if we don’t pull off a win vs the easiest teams on the schedule

So you assume the Lions are a pushover. That being said, if we lose that game, then Hurts needs to leave on the next bus out? Who knows how this team will play week1. We also have no idea how the Lions will play. I'm sure they aren't playing to lose week 1,why are you? You seemed fine winning games last year vs teams with 1/2 their team on the field,but now that we may play teams at full strength it all changes LOL. I say BRING IT ON. I'm not going to assume we beat the Lions and I am also not going to assume we lose to GB

29 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Don't you think we did that when Ped's job came available?(34 or 43 no matter) or do you plan on signing coaches on 1 year deals?

I plan on evaluating everybody…all the time.

23 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

The longer Hurts is on the field, the more points he and the offense can score. Your defense, if they are good will provide that. Yet you can't understand this simple point LOL. Improvements to the defense benefit the offense,not real tough here LOL

Sounds like something I tried to beat through your head all last year when we were giving up record completion percentages to QBs. You blamed Hurts.

24 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

It means that teams that play there have NO home field advantage

This quote doesn’t make sense to what I posted. I was saying …no we don’t have any international games. But they did some new international marketing campaign where we represent New Zealand, Australia and Ghana. They are all Eagles fans now!

23 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So you assume the Lions are a pushover. That being said, if we lose that game, then Hurts needs to leave on the next bus out? Who knows how this team will play week1. We also have no idea how the Lions will play. I'm sure they aren't playing to lose week 1,why are you? You seemed fine winning games last year vs teams with 1/2 their team on the field,but now that we may play teams at full strength it all changes LOL. I say BRING IT ON. I'm not going to assume we beat the Lions and I am also not going to assume we lose to GB

Yep, think most everybody assumes the Lions are a pushover. But I wouldn’t ever put money on any week one game…with anybody facing anybody. Just too unpredictable.

41 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I plan on evaluating everybody…all the time.

I'm sure they do too LMAO

37 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Sounds like something I tried to beat through your head all last year when we were giving up record completion percentages to QBs. You blamed Hurts.

Don't recall you telling me diddly,but of course you "called it"

36 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This quote doesn’t make sense to what I posted. I was saying …no we don’t have any international games. But they did some new international marketing campaign where we represent New Zealand, Australia and Ghana. They are all Eagles fans now!

I don't like the idea. let them play soccer,this is a US sport

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I don't like the idea. let them play soccer,this is a US sport

Agreed. I get what you're saying. I'm thinking Ham thought you were talking solely about the Eagles not having home field advantage. When I think you're talking league wide. As in no team having the advantage. Which means that is one game out of the season that the losing team potentially got screwed out of a W. 

9 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Exactly what I’m saying. You guys want to go see in detail about Hurts who is still under contract for two more seasons and can be tagged. But looking ahead towards the coaching is out of bounds now?

You just don't get the salary cap part and why you absolutely don't want to tag your QB.   Cousins and Dak have been the two tagged.. and Brees I believe played on the tag once?   It just screws up your cap. And then if you keep the QB it's way too expensive.  

It's not going to be an option for Hurts, not with the Eagles 

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I didn't see anyone blame Hurts for defense...just the bunch of bad throws and decisions. 

Actually Ham as far as the Detroit game and you wanting a tougher opponent in week 1, I will disagree yet again. if I spent my offseason gathering players and shaping them into a new 34 defense from the old 43,this would be a terrific game to see what coaching/decision,design flaws I made in my plans. I would rather expose those in a game that is still winnable regardless of those flaws. Gives me my first shot at a fine tune/adjustment while still possibly getting the W. That way when I DO play a top team,I will be much better prepared

5 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I didn't see anyone blame Hurts for defense...just the bunch of bad throws and decisions. 

Ham has to twist things to make a false point of things I never said . I stated a good defense puts your offense on the field for more minutes(tell me where this is illogical thinking). That doesn't mean your offense doesn't suck,it means they have more chances to score, or screw up. I can blame the D for letting teams score while blaming Hurts for not scoring,but Ham had to combine those and twist the words around and stating he "beat that into my head all year" when I saw no post regarding that. Also a fact is that with the Eagles improved(on paper) defense, it should benefit Hurts which is one of those "football knowledge" facts that escapes Ham.Of course until that is proven it's only a THEORY. Hurts should have more field time now,what he does with it I cannot guess,but THEORETICALLY we should be on the field for more minutes offensively, with the ability to score more points because the defense will stop opponents with more frequency

Just heard on the radio 97.5....

" the schedule is easy,I can't look at it and find a lot of losses.    It comes down to Hurts.  I don't need him to be a top ten QB, just play the position like he should.   He is a hard worker, smart and a winner.  Weapons are top notch,  OL could be the best in the league,and he has a running game.   The defense is legit even though I have questions about Gannon, but there is talent there and a DC can't really ruin the defense,  he can cost some big plays, but not ruin it.    I just can't see the losses to where you shouldn't win 10 or more games."

Jimmy K from Philly Voice with a great article .... with all the power rankings.

The end is perfect.

" it's ironic that Peter King is the only ranking that came after the Bradberry signing.    ( the ranking was 9th)   After Brown, Reddick, Davis, Dean... what it's showing is that the national guys are realizing that there aren't many holes on this roster.   If the Eagles didn't have a question mark at QB, we would be talking about their odds to win a SB "

NBC Philly.... " because Hurts makes peanuts in his rookie salary,  it has allowed the Eagles to have a splash offseason and go ALL -IN despite not knowing the long term at the QB position. 

" a lot of times we get excited about our teams because we anticipate growth and improvement from our own homegrown players...  but this year it's about guys that have proven they can do it in this league at the top level.    In a passing league , we added proven top notch guys at pass catcher,  pass rusher and pass coverage"  

Archived