Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Hurts recruited AJ. They really didn’t do anything else to help Hurts. O is the same.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it comes down to one win to take the division….beating the Lions week one becomes fairly crucial.

13 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Seems like the Rams haven’t and wouldn’t.

Did the Rams ever have three 1st round picks?     Seems like the Rams ...the absolute opitome of the win now team.... don't really look at rookies as the answer right?

Rams best example of not valuing draft picks...   thank you for bringing that up to help make my point. 

13 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Hurts recruited AJ. They really didn’t do anything else to help Hurts. O is the same.

Yeah... Brown and Paschal for Reagor and JJAW.... yeah... it's pretty much the same.   Lol

And who was here harping on what value a vet presence would have for Smith and Watkins?      Yeah... it's exactly the kind of move you wanted...  but it's no big deal.   

What is our weakness on offense that you feel is the gaping hole that needs to be addressed compared to other NFL offenses?

RG?   Is Seamulo that bad compared to the NFL guards?    Wait...what about backup TE?  How do our guys stack up to the stud backups across the league.

Or our 3rd and 4th WRs?   We know Paschal was good enough to start for his QB last year... Watkins was " unleashed"  are they all of a sudden not good enough compared to the rest of the league?

Maybe you feel Miles Sanders isn't talented enough at RB.  Or are the backups not up to league backup standards?

Idk.... what are we missing from the offense that is a glaring need to help the QB?

20 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

If it comes down to one win to take the division….beating the Lions week one becomes fairly crucial.

So does beating Houston

The lawsuit against the Rams , from St Louis, cost 790 million. League took 7.5 mil from each team. That’s some serious cash!

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

So does beating Houston

Not too worried about the Texans. We’d beat the Lions most every time also. Week one though…..rather have a tougher opponent. Just always a crapshoot in the NFL.

But the team is good enough to keep Hurts, but look to replace Siri.   But also bad enough not to help Hurts, but also look good for a future coach?

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Not too worried about the Texans. We’d beat the Lions most every time also. Week one though…..rather have a tougher opponent. Just always a crapshoot in the NFL.

Rather play on the road week one with all the time to prepare. Week one is always a hype game.  Players will be ready.  Good to get a travel week out of the way first. 

league is scuttling the unlimited returns of the past two years, with Mike Garafolo of NFL.com relaying eight players can now be activated from IR and reserve/NFI lists combined during the 2022 season (Twitter link). The waiting period for an IR return will also increase from three games to four. These changes will certainly reintroduce some strategy regarding the redeployment of injured players.

The team is good enough for Siri....but not good enough for Hurts.

Paschal was good enough to start for Wentz.... but not good enough as a #4 for Hurts.

Gannon stinks as a DC, but we want to keep him because he has leverage. 

Howie wants a bad coach so he can control him....but wants to get rid of him for a better coach that he can control. 

Rams are win now all in team... but don't win by drafting guys in the first round, but the Eagles are not all in because they traded a 1st rounder.

These all make logical sense .   I guess?

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Siri needs to prove he can win the big games. Evaluate him like any of the players. How far do I see him taking us?

How about we get through this season and see what happens before shipping off Gannon and replacing Siri?

I didn’t say I’d get rid of Siri. But he’s getting evaluated like everybody else. Lose Gannon and that’s a part of the new situation. I think Rosie wasn’t necessarily sold on him as his top choice. The best of who’d come here. Good guy to develop some young guys going forward….if it didn’t work out.

So if Gannon goes away hire another DC that likes the 34???? There are 31 other pro teams and countless college coaches that can function with a 34? I'm not second guessing the staff until I see real failure

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Oh I get how he spends that money always

LOL yeah he is the ONLY guy that does that in the entire league. 

Could have used the third first rounder this year. For a team that’s really ‘all in’ for this year they could have used a pick or two from 2023 also, right? Isn’t that what contending teams do plenty of…use future picks to get it done.

LOL, ok but then that takes us basically OUT of position to move UP for your "franchise" QB if that's what you need to do. THIS year is all about HURTS, noone else. We got him the tools and also set ourselves up to replace him if that's what we need to do. Without that second 1 next year,the you are behind because then you'd have to give up FUTURE round 1 picks. Howie just got it done a year ahead without that sacrifice and added drafts picks to boot(win/win). Pretty smart move IMO. I basically had 2 guys on my "worthless" mocks all year. Those 2 were Davis and Olave. Skipping over Olave and making the move for AJ was(IMO) better than the straight draft picks I had(which would have been Olave first). Now Hurts has no 'well he's a rook WR' excuses. I don't know why you cannot understand this year is all about HURTS. We went "all in" for him,now he needs to produce

Rosie wouldn’t clear cap space. He always spends it all. Not just that….he backloads putting into the future also. Even with a team that so obviously had been declining since winning the SB he spent on the 2020 team.

Ham are you unhappy we signed Kendrick,White, Bradberry and AJ?? What are you saving the cap for?????

Karlaftis or Johnson the stud pass rushers were an option. Lloyd was an option. Linderbaum was an option. Elam or Daxton Hill. Or just trade back and load up on more picks…in this draft.

Then no AJ and you still have ????? about your QB. Nope this year it's all about Hurts and the decision we need to make at the end of the year. MUCH better QB class next year than this year(aka planning ahead)

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

He is obviously looking to put the best possible team on the field this year.  Even for simply the $$$ motivation to see if they want to give Hurts the big deal..

BINGO

Oh boy 🤣🤣🙄

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So what if we lost week 1???? Is that loss any more important than a week 12 loss????  I'm not following apparently(no shock there lol). Going 0-1 takes us out of playoff berths immediately???? I mean OMG kiss a wild card goodbye LOL

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Rather play on the road week one with all the time to prepare. Week one is always a hype game.  Players will be ready.  Good to get a travel week out of the way first. 

Didn't check,do we play any "international games" I think this is the dumbest idea. I get there are NFL fans abroad and they are after more money,but it really curbs home field advantage for those teams since there is no real advantage at a neutral site

14 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Oh boy 🤣🤣🙄

I'm going to add to this and say we kicked up the defense to give Hurts MORE TIME on OFFENSE. The more you can hold the opposition to 3 and out's the more times your QB is on the field to run up the score? Maybe I don't get it?? You say it's a team sport, so look at the defensive moves that will assist the OFFENSE.The offense can now stay on the field longer keeping the D rested? See how all this fits together???? Am I not understanding things? Seems to me that is 'all in"(for Hurts) in my view. In the event Hurts can't cut it,we have Brown for 3 more years for the next QB if that's what needs to be done

56 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

How about we get through this season and see what happens before shipping off Gannon and replacing Siri?

Exactly what I’m saying. You guys want to go see in detail about Hurts who is still under contract for two more seasons and can be tagged. But looking ahead towards the coaching is out of bounds now?

55 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So if Gannon goes away hire another DC that likes the 34???? There are 31 other pro teams and countless college coaches that can function with a 34? I'm not second guessing the staff until I see real failure

Or…..we could look towards a top coach that runs the3-4 as HC.

Archived