Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Where does Brown, Smith, Goedert and Watkins rank amongst the league's receiving weapons?

Then ask, do we play any of the teams we would rank ahead of our group?

Then you can ask, where does our running game rank ,and how many teams do we play with a better running game than us? 

Are we playing many teams that rush the passer and cover better than our guys?  

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But then the #1 position I keep forgetting....   our punter will be holding us back.  

15 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Where does Brown, Smith, Goedert and Watkins rank amongst the league's receiving weapons?

Then you can ask, where does our running game rank ,and how many teams do we play with a better running game than us? 

I would not place our pass rush that high yet. Yes, we added Riddick, but we are older elsewhere. Last year we stunk up the joint so at best we are average in that area. I would also say our RB's are average. What makes our running game go is our line and the QB...

2 minutes ago, stine said:

I would not place our pass rush that high yet. Yes, we added Riddick, but we are older elsewhere. Last year we stunk up the joint so at best we are average in that area. I would also say our RB's are average. What makes our running game go is our line and the QB...

I would say losing Graham was huge.   I Aldo say that DL depth is a huge factor because you can get guys tired and it effects their pass rush.    Adding Graham and Reddick ( 2 top NFL pass rushers ,plus a big dude in the middle taking away run snaps from Cox and Hargrave... that going to help for sure.  Adding Jernigan, Long and Barnett helped that 2016 group jump nicely in 2017.

But again...who are we playing that has a better pass rush?

8 minutes ago, stine said:

I would say our RBs are average too....yet some feel Miles Sanders is an elite talent.    Those people should have confidence in this team if they truly feel he is that good.

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Actually Ham as far as the Detroit game and you wanting a tougher opponent in week 1, I will disagree yet again. if I spent my offseason gathering players and shaping them into a new 34 defense from the old 43,this would be a terrific game to see what coaching/decision,design flaws I made in my plans. I would rather expose those in a game that is still winnable regardless of those flaws. Gives me my first shot at a fine tune/adjustment while still possibly getting the W. That way when I DO play a top team,I will be much better prepared

I can possibly go along with this line of thinking…..as long as we win.

27 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

But then the #1 position I keep forgetting....   our punter will be holding us back.  

Better upgrade it. Can’t have these shanks at crucial moments.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Better upgrade it. Can’t have these shanks at crucial moments.

I count 3 games he cost us last year in crucial moments 

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I would say our RBs are average too....yet some feel Miles Sanders is an elite talent.    Those people should have confidence in this team if they truly feel he is that good.

We’ll see what he does this year. Keep waiting for him to put it all together. Guys is talented. Durability is being questioned. Pass blocking is being questioned. Protecting the rock being questioned. He totes the ball for one yard on average more than the rest of the guys we have. Rushing for over five yards a carry really can keep us on schedule down and distance wise.

Do have to remember Sanders only played one year in college. So he isn’t as experienced as you would think. His mileage is still very low. Plenty of potential tread left on the tires.

22 minutes ago, stine said:

This is really interesting to think on. Gannon clearly is investing heavy with the thoughts of rushing LB. How much will he have our interior Dline rush the QB? Is that two guys or three making up the interior? On known passing downs how does Gannon play things? Gotta admit there is a bunch of unknown here. Are Hargave, Davis, Milton and Cox expected to be in the backfield…or two gap? What role was Barnett brought back for? You would think Reddick would be starting SAM. Where does that put Sweat and Graham? I would think on known passing downs we have an ideal three rushers I’d want out there…Sweat, Graham and Reddick. Graham could be inside. Or maybe we go five man line. You would think that would leave you light on the backend however. Tons of different pieces here. Forgetting Tarron Jackson who I thought showed great potential his rookie season, especially considering he was coming from a small school.

Dean seemed like he was all over the backfield in college. Need to utilize those skills.

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

NBC Philly.... " because Hurts makes peanuts in his rookie salary,  it has allowed the Eagles to have a splash offseason and go ALL -IN despite not knowing the long term at the QB position. 

This is saying Rosie can go ahead and spend on one year investments while spreading out their signing bonus for years…..because Hurts cost less than JJAW.

43 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This is saying Rosie can go ahead and spend on one year investments while spreading out their signing bonus for years…..because Hurts cost less than JJAW.

Yes... it's saying they can add Reddick, Brown, Bradberry and resign Kelce, Cox and Barnett for one year.

How about all those Dallas free agents?   Maybe they should have signed Dak early instead of waiting, using the tag and then having to cough up the $$$.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Do have to remember Sanders only played one year in college. So he isn’t as experienced as you would think. His mileage is still very low. Plenty of potential tread left on the tires.

He is a 4th year NFL RB.  I don't care about college.   You want your RB to pass block, catch, not fumble and if he is to be considered a top RB he needs to be able to carry a load.   

So far he has shown zero....what he has shown is he can have a big run to skew his average when the carries are down.   We've seen plenty of guys do that.   

Be awesome if Sanders puts it all together this year

29 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yes... it's saying they can add Reddick, Brown, Bradberry and resign Kelce, Cox and Barnett for one year.

While they still pay Malik and Jeffrey

Cox was already signed. They essentially reworked his contract.

33 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Reworked Cox. Reddick and Brown they signed to lucrative contracts.

Barnett is one year 5 mil contract…he can spread the cap on.

58 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Be awesome if Sanders puts it all together this year

While they still pay Malik and Jeffrey

How bout dem Cowboys...  doing the salary cap Ham's way.... free agents galore down there.   But not much " dead money"

59 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Cox was already signed. They essentially reworked his contract.

So this is the question about Cox.

1.  Do you give credit for saving cap space on Cox.

2. Do you see where they could have just released him and saved money for this year?

It's one or the other.   

" yeah but No Mas, u wouldn't have given Cox the contract in the beginning,  because I'm Ham, I would never overpay anyone,  I would win Superbowls because I would draft the best all the time and my guys would stay here for cheap "  

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-news-and-rumors-mailbag-potential-eagles-roster-moves-before-training-camp-biggest-breakout-candidate-more/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=NFL+news+and+rumors+mailbag++%F0%9F%93%A9&utm_campaign=NFL365+-+AdThrive+5%2F27%2F22    No real shocking news in here,but a tidbit of "what if's" lol

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I'm pretty excited merely for the fact we have DUAL WR's outside. We really have not had that since the Alshon/Djax debacle. We also added pascal who can be a nice rotation piece with Quez in the slot. We know Goedert is solid and I suspect we find TE 2 in camp. Stoll tries hard,not a great TE,but a good blocker and maybe Jackson can finally show his stuff coming off injury. Our RB's can all catch at least adequately,so the onus is on Siri to open up the playbook. Should be a really exciting offense to watch(for a change)

Archived