Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

But then the #1 position I keep forgetting....   our punter will be holding us back.  

Laugh if you want, but he needs to step it up or be replaced. In a game of inches yards matter

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I'm pretty excited merely for the fact we have DUAL WR's outside. We really have not had that since the Alshon/Djax debacle. We also added pascal who can be a nice rotation piece with Quez in the slot. We know Goedert is solid and I suspect we find TE 2 in camp. Stoll tries hard,not a great TE,but a good blocker and maybe Jackson can finally show his stuff coming off injury. Our RB's can all catch at least adequately,so the onus is on Siri to open up the playbook. Should be a really exciting offense to watch(for a change)

You can only open up the playbook to the extent your QB can make reads and throws.

3 hours ago, stine said:

I would not place our pass rush that high yet. Yes, we added Riddick, but we are older elsewhere. Last year we stunk up the joint so at best we are average in that area. I would also say our RB's are average. What makes our running game go is our line and the QB...

I would not write off Kazir White either. He is a 1 year. He can pass rush also at times

35 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

So this is the question about Cox.

1.  Do you give credit for saving cap space on Cox.

2. Do you see where they could have just released him and saved money for this year?

It's one or the other.   

" yeah but No Mas, u wouldn't have given Cox the contract in the beginning,  because I'm Ham, I would never overpay anyone,  I would win Superbowls because I would draft the best all the time and my guys would stay here for cheap "  

Think his new contract was most all signing bonus from what I heard. So paying in future on his new contract probably more than this year.

Laugh if you want, but he needs to step it up or be replaced. In a game of inches yards matter

It's the reason why I won't say 13 wins yet..  just saw too many key plays last year in close games where he cost us.

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

I would not write off Kazir White either. He is a 1 year. He can pass rush also at times

We have all these rush backers. Having a coverage guy is crucial. Hoping Reddick can pull some coverage. Like Dean in coverage plenty.

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

You can only open up the playbook to the extent your QB can make reads and throws.

Yep, the sixty yard Out Routes shouldn’t be called.

3 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Dean seemed like he was all over the backfield in college. Need to utilize those skills.

Beast-he is a BEAST

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Think his new contract was most all signing bonus from what I heard. So paying in future on his new contract probably more than this year.

Again though... like I was pointing out....by signing guys that will play THIS YEAR....it effects the cap going forward.   So when you make a move that will effect the play THIS YEAR....and it costs you cap space,  then it's all in for this year.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yep, the sixty yard Out Routes shouldn’t be called.

Neither should the 52 yard fly patterns

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

He is a 4th year NFL RB.  I don't care about college.   You want your RB to pass block, catch, not fumble and if he is to be considered a top RB he needs to be able to carry a load.   

So far he has shown zero....what he has shown is he can have a big run to skew his average when the carries are down.   We've seen plenty of guys do that.   

We really only have 2 proven RB's Sanders and Scott. Gainwell should work this year. The others are DITRS. Would not shock me if we added a FA RB. Doesn't need to be a stud,just a proven guy that works in the RBBC

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Cox has a 4 mil cap hit for this season on the new deal.

The Eagles will have a $14 mil total cap hit for Cox to play ...  wait for it...JUST THIS YEAR.  

It's all for 2022 results. 

We really only have 2 proven RB's Sanders and Scott. Gainwell should work this year. The others are DITRS. Would not shock me if we added a FA RB. Doesn't need to be a stud,just a proven guy that works in the RBBC

Gainwell looked really good last year... 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-news-and-rumors-mailbag-potential-eagles-roster-moves-before-training-camp-biggest-breakout-candidate-more/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=NFL+news+and+rumors+mailbag++📩&utm_campaign=NFL365+-+AdThrive+5%2F27%2F22   There I got it to hyper link lol

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Said that, still he is unproven as of this time.it's year 2 should be able to contribute more

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It's very telling that he was on the field a lot in the red zone and on 3rd down... especially with an elite talent like Sanders taken off the field.

8 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

It's the reason why I won't say 13 wins yet..  just saw too many key plays last year in close games where he cost us.

I'm rather surprised they haven't at least brought someone in of decent caliber to push him,or replace him. Still time to do it,no need to rush,but I still hope they do it

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

I'm rather surprised they haven't at least brought someone in of decent caliber to push him,or replace him. Still time to do it,no need to rush,but I still hope they do it

They will do it in camp like always.  No need for that now.  

SOOOOO question. IDK who this would be,but I could possibly see a Reagpr for(decent) RB trade with no picks involved. Straight up swap

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

They will do it in camp like always.  No need for that now.  

yeah,need to see iof there is a good one cut my another team. plenty of time for that piece

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

SOOOOO question. IDK who this would be,but I could possibly see a Reagpr for(decent) RB trade with no picks involved. Straight up swap

yeah,need to see iof there is a good one cut my another team. plenty of time for that piece

Or just that there really isn't anything to do now in OTAs.  Better off using the roster spot for something else at the moment. 

FA's- Tarik Cohen(pass catcher), Peyton Barber(basher) both FA's,both cheap,both experienced

12 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Said that, still he is unproven as of this time.it's year 2 should be able to contribute more

Absolutely and I think he will contribute more. He looked good as a rookie and I think will grow again this year. He's also going to be playing behind a very very good OL.

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Absolutely and I think he will contribute more. He looked good as a rookie and I think will grow again this year. He's also going to be playing behind a very very good OL.

Like Joe said,also good in the RZ if we used him like we used to use Sproles

240934747_10220654367205468_8378242897941394893_n.jpg

Thank you all past and present for your service

155539910_3934053406653376_2775559804096904816_n.jpg

67% of fans polled believe we win the division(I am one of them). Not just Eagles were polled

Archived