Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

3 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Thanks GB, that's the one I'll most likely wind up w/ as it has the Eagles logo. The one I have has both the logo and Kelce, no problem.

I would get one of yours that says New England but I'm an Eagle, would never get served at the bar

I can find the Kelce one lol. Just figured he will be gone and the one I sent is good forever

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I have a T that says "I may live in NC, but on game day I am an Eagle" This causes numerous "discussions" HAHAHA 

LMAO it's the eagle logo in NC tarheel Blue. They get pissed that they used that color. You really can't take me anywhere(or at your own risk lol)

20 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I can find the Kelce one lol. Just figured he will be gone and the one I sent is good forever

I think he is talking about Kelce's picture... " no one likes us " was what he said at the parade.   

That's timeless.

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

7 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I think he is talking about Kelce's picture... " no one likes us " was what he said at the parade.   

That's timeless.

They have a shirt with him dressed up at the podium with that saying on it. If 58 wants that one I can find it

Yep, saw those too. Later on just going to go thru my receipts and find where I got my long sleeved one. Thanks tho.

Philadelphia Eagles
Rookie Minicamp: May 6-7
OTAs: May 31, June 2-3, June 6-8

On 5/25/2022 at 7:04 AM, cunninghamtheman said:

It just sucks that it feels like half this place is rooting for our QB to fail. 

I hope he proves most of us wrong. There is not a single fan on this board that wouldnt love to see the Eagles, with HURTS at QB, go to the Super Bowl. It just feels like he is limited in what he can do to lead them there. Who knows though.

40 minutes ago, Senhorcook said:

I hope he proves most of us wrong. There is not a single fan on this board that wouldnt love to see the Eagles, with HURTS at QB, go to the Super Bowl. It just feels like he is limited in what he can do to lead them there. Who knows though.

People want to see the Eagles  QB function as an NFL QB....reading defenses and making throws.   Run as an extra bonus a couple times a game, not as the go to move.    People want to see a player step up his play on the field,  and not have smoke blown up are @$$ about everything else except his play on the field.    People aren't concerned about his college play, or his age or whatever... they are focused on whether he can win a SB for the Eagles...nothing else matters and you can put whoever you want in that role and it doesn't change.  Same standards for everyone! 

I believe some of the definition of what an NFL QB is….and can be….has changed. Some are still stuck in such a traditional thinking. The pass rushers are such incredible athletes now. Game has evolved so much. LBing is faster than ever. When Trotter lost a step and was obviously not capable of playing anymore. He would look like that day one in the league now. Having a tough QB to bring down is needed. Hurts really has a strong lower body that doesn’t make him the usual old QB to bring down. Now that we have a legitimate WR room his passing will improve. The days of seeing a guy with a strong arm and calling him QB are long gone. Too much to the job for thinking that is all that’s needed.

Sen is going to join my private fantasy league, anyone else interested,drop me your email in messages

1 hour ago, Senhorcook said:

IMO this squad has a boatload of talent now. Alot of rooks. if they can make impacts,this team will be one to reckon with. I am expecting 10 wins(maybe 11). Even as mediocre as Hurts is,he won't be able to help himself doing well. The bolstered D will also get him on the field for more scoring chances. This should be a really fun team to watch

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

Kempski;

According to a consensus big board that pulled in input from 82 draft analysts, as compiled by Arif Hasan of The Athletic, Dean was the 24th ranked prospect in the 2022 NFL Draft.

Not too shabby, esp if he can start healthwise

Total BEAST. If he gets back to 100% watch the magic. He LOVES to HIT. I hope we let him do that OFTEN LOL

27 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I believe some of the definition of what an NFL QB is….and can be….has changed. Some are still stuck in such a traditional thinking. The pass rushers are such incredible athletes now. Game has evolved so much. LBing is faster than ever. When Trotter lost a step and was obviously not capable of playing anymore. He would look like that day one in the league now. Having a tough QB to bring down is needed. Hurts really has a strong lower body that doesn’t make him the usual old QB to bring down. Now that we have a legitimate WR room his passing will improve. The days of seeing a guy with a strong arm and calling him QB are long gone. Too much to the job for thinking that is all that’s needed.

LOL NAH maybe QB's are more athletic now,but the thinking never changes,THROW the ball ACCURATELY to your OPEN receivers. If you can RUN that's great "extra",but that should be secondary with the exception of a few called run plays. Having a strong arm NEVER goes out of style. I need some punters in here cause if Sipos is like last year he will be booed off the field

BTW besides a punter, it would not bother me if we picked up another FA RB. Be nice to have Sanders, Scott, Gainwell and that 4th reliable back as a CYA pick up while we sort the younger guys out

I would look at David Johnson as a GL/3rd down BU for Sanders. I think he would be a fine addition to a RBBC backfield. he is listed at 224 pounds. Had 2 nice years with AZ when they had an OK O line,but ours is better. I considered Cohen, but he is a Gainwell clone and don't feel we need more of the same (JMO). I know Scott did well covering for Sanders when he was out,but adding Johnson would still give us a 1/2 punch if that happened again 

That's one crowded CB room, wondering how many can play S. Dak earned his living last yr getting the ball out really quick and short throws and we're setting up to prevent that.

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

People want to see the Eagles  QB function as an NFL QB....reading defenses and making throws.   Run as an extra bonus a couple times a game, not as the go to move.    People want to see a player step up his play on the field,  and not have smoke blown up are @$$ about everything else except his play on the field.    People aren't concerned about his college play, or his age or whatever... they are focused on whether he can win a SB for the Eagles...nothing else matters and you can put whoever you want in that role and it doesn't change.  Same standards for everyone! 

Well told!

3 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

That's one crowded CB room, wondering how many can play S. Dak earned his living last yr getting the ball out really quick and short throws and we're setting up to prevent that.

Yeah, I think we have a few to sift through, hopefully we can find some solid BU's. I see alot of them could become S's. i'm gload even though they are UDFA's and othe teams drops,Howie is at least paying attention to the position. I think he is finally awake as we studded up the LB spot. We had so many hole we could not fill them all,so S was the one we couldn't do alot with. I even said before the draft we had 6 decent picks for 7 needs LOL. I know we are still in the hunt for a FA possibly,so it's nice to see Howie is still working and not settling for what we already have. I was very pleased with the Bradberry pick-up. I hope he works out and we can sign him to a longer term

Huntley flashed his speed a tiny bit. Also offers return possibility. I am interested in who does the returns. A short yardage back is an interesting idea to add to the mix. Thinking S still stands out as a need. Epps I think proved himself a legit starter. Harris didn’t impress. Still could use three S in some packages. That’s not even talking injury. We are stocked with tons of young DBs with potential. Like to see what we have in some of them.

We added this RB Kennedy Brooks, reading he's a tough runner

Archived