Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Be fine if he declares. he may even transfer to a bigger school,but a kid to keep your eye on

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

https://nfldraftbreakdown.com/rb-ranking-2023/  See zero need to draft a round 1 RB Nice class of useful RB's coming up

I am saying round 2, never draft a RB in round 1. You can get a chubbs type RB in round 2. Wouldn't that be a nice complement to what we have?

5 minutes ago, stine said:

I am saying round 2, never draft a RB in round 1. You can get a chubbs type RB in round 2. Wouldn't that be a nice complement to what we have?

Only 2 potential round 1's I see right now,lots of 2's and 3's. Not real pressing IMO. I'm sure we'll add one,like the kid I posted. Not many C Mich games on. I believe he is good enough he will get called to a bigger school so I can see more of him. He can be had in 3 maybe even early 4. IDK why Ham thinks we need 2 RB's LOL We  don't use the ones we have

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

After 2 weeks you are calling him MVP and paying him big money??? Can we get to post season first????

Yes but last week was vs a tough defense with a great game plan... lol

Wentz stinks and Hurts is great.   No contest Sunday.  Simple as that....bring on " Super coach "

4 hours ago, stine said:

I want a tough bruising RB to go with the ones we have.

IDK that they make those anymore. Most now need multiple skills like pass catching,pass blocking/blitz pick up. even tough to find a true FB now 

5 hours ago, stine said:

It is week 3 Ham. Let's see this play out. he had probably the best game ever last Monday. should he continue to play well, he will probably stay, which is a good thing. then we can use those picks on players of need instead of spending money on FA signings. We have plenty of ammo the next two years. I can see us trading back next year, grabbing a early 2nd round pick plus a #1in 2024. That would give us 2 no 1 and 2 no 2 picks in 2024. Plus we should accrue compensation picks which will add to our choices... Ham, I want Hurts to succeed. But I am not ready to crown him after one great game. Granted, it was one heck of a game.....

Far more than one great game my man. It’s all been adding up pretty plain as day to me. The guy brings so many great qualities to the job. I also find him easy to root for. Really brings me joy to root for what I consider the good guy. I take a guy with lesser arm but fantastic leader and all the other great traits he possesses. I have no problem thinking outside the box. So I see what a conundrum he puts defenses in. He makes everybody else job so much easier. He works incredibly hard. Really pushes those around him to do more and push themselves. We seemed to get shunned and left out of the WRs a bunch. He solved that by bringing his great friend over to dominate. AJ dominates in a style I enjoy also. He has finesse to what he does…but he’s a physical scrappy player. Love watching that kind of football. This physical team lead by Stout really was a blessing for Siri. Think he could have tried many different ways. But this team put him in a great position to excel.

https://nflmocks.com/2022/06/27/2023-nfl-draft-running-back-class-preview/  Robinson is your guy then,but would we spend a top 15 pick on him? I mean would Howie? I'm thinking not,but with Sanders nearing an end maybe we take him. He is an excellent RB in every factor of the game and he will only get better. If we see by seasons end our secondary is set and the young guys at other spots can take over jobs and we decide to pay Hurts, then I suppose 1/2 round 1 picks could be used for him. Still leaves another round 1 for maybe a young Safety. Davis looks like he will be fine, so does Dickerson,we really won;t need any top WR's. But Robinson is clearly a cut above the other RB's

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

He solved that by bringing his great friend over to dominate.

Brown was our 3rd choice LOL. I'm glad he is here,but Hurts did not "bring him here",Howie did. And we signed him(AJ) for 4 years even though we have zero clue Hurts would be here last April for the next 4-5 years after we paid him,so they may be buddies who don't play together next year if Hurts starts choking. It would be nice if Hurts plays well enough the rest of the year without getting himself hurt taking a pounding running(like Wentz did) I saw alot of Progress from Hurts,but he still has a ways to go. Looks like he will stick if he keeps playing well

8 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

We seemed to get shunned and left out of the WRs a bunch

We drafted Smith? How did that leave us out? Noone shuns us if we pay them enough lol. We lost a year drafting your loser Reagor. Kind of ironic he went to the Vikes who got JJ 1 pick later. Reagor pick really hurt like Agholor

I thought Brown was not worth making a draft pick trade for?? LOL We coulda had Olave instead LOL

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Brown was our 3rd choice LOL. I'm glad he is here,but Hurts did not "bring him here",Howie did. And we signed him(AJ) for 4 years even though we have zero clue Hurts would be here last April for the next 4-5 years after we paid him,so they may be buddies who don't play together next year if Hurts starts choking. It would be nice if Hurts plays well enough the rest of the year without getting himself hurt taking a pounding running(like Wentz did) I saw alot of Progress from Hurts,but he still has a ways to go. Looks like he will stick if he keeps playing well

This doesn’t add up. I’d think half the league would have traded that little bit for AJ. Unless they were totally cap strapped. He wanted to play here…with his buddy. We’ve been routinely denied by plenty of guys lately not desiring to come here. AJ obviously believes in Hurts. The money is large but I guarantee you AJ doesn’t believe this is his last contract. So if he didn’t think we had a QB it would be career suicide to come. Hurts bringing him in guaranteed to show Hurts was our franchise guy. Locked it in pretty much. Every player around the whole league clearly seems to believe in Hurts. You hear it every time. Every DC talks the respect of how difficult he is to prep for. Only a few talking heads and old school fans can’t see it.

Just gotta adapt to the newer NFL. Game is evolving. Most all QBs now need mobility to combat the massive surge in these freak pass rushers. These guys on the end are running WR times now. Got DT that can run faster than Eli and many older QBs. LBs are playing at S speeds now. But the actual running element Hirts brings I’m not sure the NFL has actually quite seen.

21 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Are you counting Rosie?He’s in the gameplanning room

Rosie is definitely NO coach. So I was not counting him.

12 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t think we do know that. I felt we should have kept Huntley over him. Or maybe a goaline/blocking back. I could see him being cut next year. Sanders is balling. Scott is ahead of him and cheap. We could easily draft two RBnext year. No way am I locking in our third string RB we a roster spot the next two seasons. I hope he really takes steps forward and becomes a legit second RB. If they actually have guys a chance to make the team not based on paper I think his job security would be shaky. But that’s just what I’ve seen so far. Just not much upside for him that I see. His value lies in a Jack of all trades back.

Really? I like Gainwell. He doesn’t allow his QB to get killed on pass protection like Sanders. 

10 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So you think the Eagles org doesn't want to beat the socks off Wentz? HAHAHA Let's hope your boy doesn't get intimidated by him. Perfect game for Hurts to prove to everyone that the Eagles made the right choice. If you are winning is it hype or real confidence? Robinson will not be available until week 5,so he won't be playing. Wentz has nice rapport with his WR's like Hurts does,so covering them is a priority,but we covered the vikes NP. Our weakness will be covering Logan Thomas. Whomever draws that job needs to make sure there are no YAC and I suspect(expect) more blitizing this week. We know Wentz has a bigger arm than Hurts ever will,but he is also prone to getting rattled(see Eli Manning vs us lol). So that is key for me to not let Wentz get in any kind of rhythm

That’s really all he has is a bigger arm. You just never going to get it. So much more to the leader job than that. Nobody wanted to follow Wentz. But I’m not going around this stupid drum again. One game isn’t decided too much on that whole front for me. Hurts has shown me, and more importantly all his teammates and coaches what he’s made of. They’ll run through a brick wall for him. I’m absolutely fine with where we stand. We made the right choice. Just no doubt. And it wasn’t just because of the money difference. Whole team knew who they wanted to follow. Obvious from even my cheap seats.

45 minutes ago, Senhorcook said:

Well he’s in the game planning room. So I guarantee he has a huge file in Wentz to really expose him. Good stuff I’m sure.

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We drafted Smith? How did that leave us out? Noone shuns us if we pay them enough lol. We lost a year drafting your loser Reagor. Kind of ironic he went to the Vikes who got JJ 1 pick later. Reagor pick really hurt like Agholor

JJAW was right before….folding fitget that one. Took Dillard instead of my boy. Reagor was just one option if like six or seven WR that year….for trading back.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This doesn’t add up. I’d think half the league would have traded that little bit for AJ. Unless they were totally cap strapped. He wanted to play here…with his buddy. We’ve been routinely denied by plenty of guys lately not desiring to come here. AJ obviously believes in Hurts. The money is large but I guarantee you AJ doesn’t believe this is his last contract. So if he didn’t think we had a QB it would be career suicide to come. Hurts bringing him in guaranteed to show Hurts was our franchise guy. Locked it in pretty much. Every player around the whole league clearly seems to believe in Hurts. You hear it every time. Every DC talks the respect of how difficult he is to prep for. Only a few talking heads and old school fans can’t see it.

LOL of course it adds up. We went after a few WR's before him,he wasn't our first choice and I have no clue why you don't understand that either. As I said, I am happy they spent the summer working together,but at that time there were no indications AJ was coming here until the talks broke down in Tennessee. Do you know any top WR's that don't believe in their QB? I would believe in pink elephants for 15 million a year. Once again AJ is signed for 4 years and when he was signed Hurts is STILL on his "prove it year" So far it seems to be working out,but there was no way to know that back in April

9 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Wentz stinks and Hurts is great.   No contest Sunday.  Simple as that....bring on " Super coach "

Wentz doesn’t stink. He’s got tons of talent. But the injuries effecting his game. Fir sone reason he can’t adapt. Missing plenty of those intangible qualities that get guys to really go to bat for him. Just doesn’t really relate to other players much it seems. Only like ARod MVP guys can really pull that crap off much. I’d even argue it’s really effected him. Think he should probably have a few more rings.

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

JJAW was right before….folding fitget that one. Took Dillard instead of my boy. Reagor was just one option if like six or seven WR that year….for trading back.

No we picked right before the VIkes and they were thrilled when we stupidly took Reagor and let them have JJ

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Just gotta adapt to the newer NFL. Game is evolving. Most all QBs now need mobility to combat the massive surge in these freak pass rushers. These guys on the end are running WR times now. Got DT that can run faster than Eli and many older QBs. LBs are playing at S speeds now. But the actual running element Hirts brings I’m not sure the NFL has actually quite seen.

Hurts lower body strength was on display in the Vikes game. he is hard to stop on the run. I just hope he doesn't end up being RG3. Won't be any good if we sign him for 5 years and he gets hurt in year 2 of that contract

54 minutes ago, Senhorcook said:

Really felt like the main hatred was between Rosie and Wentz. Sure we don’t know the half of it. Those two got serious bad blood.

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

No we picked right before the VIkes and they were thrilled when we stupidly took Reagor and let them have JJ

My whole idea was trade back. Seven good WR talents. Add ammo and take any of them

Jefferson proved everybody wrong. I’ll give him that. Seemed like a slot WR. Plus it’s fairly rare a guy becomes that good that becomes second on his own college team from a younger player. 

Archived