Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So what is the opinion on Mailata? He has been getting beat and commiting penalties.  Kind of thought the tape would be heavily reviewed to find weakness since he’s a newbie. The penalties are mental. At least one I thought was BS. So not all bad. My only idea is he finally got paid. Last season he was full on competing. So he was in form to receive the big bag. Worried it’s a distraction. Or more like was…this offseason. Anyway…..this is the huge moment….can he adapt to how they figured to attack him? Pretty much every NFL player has to go through it. Many it kills their career because their weakness exposed they can’t overcome. Don’t have to be perfect. But gotta do enough in your weak area for it not to be a liability, Tons riding on this. Surprised more aren’t discussing this. Arguably one of the most major current and long term issues taking place right now.

PFF gave Mailata  like a 52 grade….ugly

It's one game 🙄 if he gets beat sometimes you don't think that is a learning deal? Exposing a weakness makes the player better as time goes on. The guy didn't know what a football was 4 years ago,but now you expect pro bowl play? Keep dreaming. He will get beat,he will see HOW he is getting beat in post game video and the coaches will show him how to defeat that weakness. it's why we have coaches,please

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Really what you want as a coach I’d think

Coaches want dancing and negative plays? RB's dance(or have to) when the oppositions D line gets penetration. Why do you need college experience after years in the pros? Doesn't that go away? If not it SHOULD. Open holes on the O line big enough to drive a semi through and any RB will succeed 

30 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

It's one game 🙄 if he gets beat sometimes you don't think that is a learning deal? Exposing a weakness makes the player better as time goes on. The guy didn't know what a football was 4 years ago,but now you expect pro bowl play? Keep dreaming. He will get beat,he will see HOW he is getting beat in post game video and the coaches will show him how to defeat that weakness. it's why we have coaches,please

I'd rather have Mailata there than anyone else the Eagles are likely to get.

Ham needs to watch the game instead of relying on the "experts" at PFF

43 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

I'd rather have Mailata there than anyone else the Eagles are likely to get.

Ham needs to watch the game instead of relying on the "experts" at PFF

Gotta learn the hard way in this game to be a pro bowler

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

That throw won't stop me from asking about the other facets of being an NFL QB. It was a nice improvement and one I can check off the list(and one I would like to see more often-the deep ball). If he continues his strong play through the bye week, he may have me convinced

GB, you are in a rush for everything.   I've been saying the whole time.. let's see he entire season before judging anything.  There is playoffs included in that.

I also want to look Baltimore, Miami and Arizona... does the trend continue with running QBs struggling to put up points in the playoffs?   Let's wait and see...not just a few games before the bye.

OSU/Wusconsin game tonight(730 I believe) You can see alot of possible 2023 draftees in this one

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

GB, you are in a rush for everything.   I've been saying the whole time.. let's see he entire season before judging anything.  There is playoffs included in that.

I also want to look Baltimore, Miami and Arizona... does the trend continue with running QBs struggling to put up points in the playoffs?   Let's wait and see...not just a few games before the bye.

Noone is in a rush,but 1/2 way through the season there should be indicators if we are keeping him or not. If he was throwing 5 picks a game we would make the change before the bye,so no not rushing but you should have some clue by then. it's not like he will miraculously throw a 75 yard bomb late in the year. When we canned Wentz it was week 4? We didn't give him the rest of the year?

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I already had enough time to judge some things. I’ve decided Emily Rae is our top cheerleader. Total package.

Watching Tenn/FL. Yep Hooker(QB for Tenn) would drop right into this offense. I'll take him in round 4, y'all can do what you want lol. Plays exactly like Hurts but makes good decisions already. Tenn ranked 11,FL at 20. It'as a good game and a good test for him. So those that had him ranked in 7 or a UDFA don't know what they are doing LOL. Excellent QB as a project for our #2. if he keeps playing well I suspect he will move up higher than even I have him ranked

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I will let it go when you stop making ridiculous blanket non factual statements like "Hurts brought AJ here",because that is BS and I will always call out BS even if it's on page 52,371 of this board

Hurts absolutely recruited and was a huge reason AJ came here….if not the main reason.

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

That throw won't stop me from asking about the other facets of being an NFL QB. It was a nice improvement and one I can check off the list(and one I would like to see more often-the deep ball). If he continues his strong play through the bye week, he may have me convinced

If he continues on this MVP pace putting up numbers that are all time elite…..you may consider him worthy.

20 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I already had enough time to judge some things. I’ve decided Emily Rae is our top cheerleader. Total package.

Bummer,I had Kyle penciled in for you

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Hurts absolutely recruited and was a huge reason AJ came here….if not the main reason.

I got swamp land to sell you

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

If he continues on this MVP pace putting up numbers that are all time elite…..you may consider him worthy.

LMAO OH after 2 games he is already MVP and elite- AMAZING STUFF!!!

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LMAO OH after 2 games he is already MVP and elite- AMAZING STUFF!!!

Hurts has 5,842 combined passing and rushing yards in 21 starts. That’s the 12th-most in NFL history by a quarterback through 21 starts. 

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

3rd choice, but continue your fallacy because the comedic value is un

Hurts has 5,842 combined passing and rushing yards in 21 starts. That’s the 12th-most in NFL history by a quarterback through 21 starts. 

Oh you're counting last years cake walk LMFAO

5 hours ago, joemas6 said:

This is such a cop out label. For one thing….nothing ever happens…until it does. Winning football is winning football. First down is a first down…..in any game. TD is a TD…..anyway it’s scored….interception, rushing, receiving….all count 6 points. I think many of the old running QBs didn’t bring everything else Hurts brings to the table. So judging Hurts off Kyler Murray’s play is just stupid. Don’t see the relevance.

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

3rd choice, but continue your fallacy because the comedic value is un

Oh you're counting last years cake walk LMFAO

12th best in the history of the game man!

This is the NFL….these are all paid players. He brings everything off the field. Nobody I ever heard even argue against that. He’s also doing all this on the field. I’ll let you look back twenty years from now and judge. Jump in with No Mas on only calling it how he sees it in hindsight. I give my opinion in real time.

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This is such a cop out label. For one thing….nothing ever happens…until it does. Winning football is winning football. First down is a first down…..in any game. TD is a TD…..anyway it’s scored….interception, rushing, receiving….all count 6 points. I think many of the old running QBs didn’t bring everything else Hurts brings to the table. So judging Hurts off Kyler Murray’s play is just stupid. Don’t see the relevance.

12th best in the history of the game man!

Sure if you play HS teams for a year your stats looks really good

Doesn’t bother me if you are last to get on the Hurts train. At this point it just feels like rooting for our starting QB is called just being an Eagles fan. Over two years of hating on our guy just doesn’t fly with me. Works his butt off leading our team. I BACK HURTS! I am an Eagles fan!

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Sure if you play HS teams for a year your stats looks really good

Sure, these athletes today are so much smaller and slower than the past guys. Good point…..not!

This is the NFL….these are all paid players. He brings everything off the field. Nobody I ever heard even argue against that. He’s also doing all this on the field. I’ll let you look back twenty years from now and judge. Jump in with No Mas on only calling it how he sees it in hindsight. I give my opinion in real time.

Me too,my opinion is there can be no opinion after 2 games. I don;t care what he did vs last years HS squads that is irrelevant

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Doesn’t bother me if you are last to get on the Hurts train. At this point it just feels like rooting for our starting QB is called just being an Eagles fan. Over two years of hating on our guy just doesn’t fly with me. Works his butt off leading our team. I BACK HURTS! I am an Eagles fan!

Sure, these athletes today are so much smaller and slower than the past guys. Good point…..not!

LMFAO yeah playing teams with no team last year,even I would look good

Hooker is tearing up FL,but as usual I know nothing HAHAHAHA

35 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Bummer,I had Kyle penciled in for you

I got swamp land to sell you

I bet you do. I have a place on the water and a place near downtown. Maybe it’s time for you to reconsider your judgement. You never should have bought that swamp land.

21 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

They gave up 26 to Utah. 26 to Kentucky. And 28 to South Florida Central State. You know College footballs powerhouse teams. 

I’m sure you are ready to invest high picks in all those QBs.

24 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

You see that amazing catch? I don’t know how that guy pulled that errand pass in. But yeah….amazing QBing. 

I have to confess I haven’t been watching. Been doing a home puppet show with my daughter. That’s my life though.

Archived