Jump to content

Ongoing Eagles News Discussion


cunninghamtheman
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

My whole idea was trade back. Seven good WR talents. Add ammo and take any of them

You want to trade back every year. At least you are consistent in that way. The problem is you lose the top tier players to gather more NON top tier players. At some point you have to make a choice and take one or move UP for one (as we did). You also think the Eagles can trade around and do whatever they want and every team will accept our trade offers. Not so,so to SAY I want to move back from 11 to 19 is easy to do, but you need the team picking at 19 to want to give things up to make the move to 11.it's a complete chess game that happens in 5 minutes time and although you WISH it,it takes alot of effort to make it happen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Wanted DeAndre Hopkins in the second. Would have fixed us all this time. But you don’t hear me bring it up up constantly. You were right about Jefferson in one of your six billion mock drafts that season. We get it. But you just overkilling one pick. Thing is that pick you so proud about was years way too late in my book.

UR funny,take it on the road. Sure I put out alot of mocks,but the ones at the end are the ones that matter and I had both Olave and Davis this year, and had them both vascillating for MONTHS as my pick #1,so once again a false statement. We suffer when Howie listens to you and takes losers like Reagor. You are better with defensive players,stick with those

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I really wanted DJ Moore

Love him great WR

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So you were right about Jefferson….but I was complaining about the need for the position for many years before that. 

Agholor also a crap pick. Hollis was a waste of time etc etc etc and why we had to keep resigning the WR's on social security. Also why we couldn't supply Wentz with the needed weapons to succeed. Just about ANY QB would look good with the receivers we finally have in here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That throw should clearly shut down the haters. That’s enough fir anything but the longest Hail Mary.

That throw won't stop me from asking about the other facets of being an NFL QB. It was a nice improvement and one I can check off the list(and one I would like to see more often-the deep ball). If he continues his strong play through the bye week, he may have me convinced

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That throw should clearly shut down the haters. That’s enough fir anything but the longest Hail Mary.

Noone is a hater,we simply did not lower the bar for what is expected from our QB. "Prove it" doesn't mean you are a hater, it means they need to PROVE IT

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So what is the opinion on Mailata? He has been getting beat and commiting penalties.  Kind of thought the tape would be heavily reviewed to find weakness since he’s a newbie. The penalties are mental. At least one I thought was BS. So not all bad. My only idea is he finally got paid. Last season he was full on competing. So he was in form to receive the big bag. Worried it’s a distraction. Or more like was…this offseason. Anyway…..this is the huge moment….can he adapt to how they figured to attack him? Pretty much every NFL player has to go through it. Many it kills their career because their weakness exposed they can’t overcome. Don’t have to be perfect. But gotta do enough in your weak area for it not to be a liability, Tons riding on this. Surprised more aren’t discussing this. Arguably one of the most major current and long term issues taking place right now.

PFF gave Mailata  like a 52 grade….ugly

It's one game 🙄 if he gets beat sometimes you don't think that is a learning deal? Exposing a weakness makes the player better as time goes on. The guy didn't know what a football was 4 years ago,but now you expect pro bowl play? Keep dreaming. He will get beat,he will see HOW he is getting beat in post game video and the coaches will show him how to defeat that weakness. it's why we have coaches,please

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Really what you want as a coach I’d think

Coaches want dancing and negative plays? RB's dance(or have to) when the oppositions D line gets penetration. Why do you need college experience after years in the pros? Doesn't that go away? If not it SHOULD. Open holes on the O line big enough to drive a semi through and any RB will succeed 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

It's one game 🙄 if he gets beat sometimes you don't think that is a learning deal? Exposing a weakness makes the player better as time goes on. The guy didn't know what a football was 4 years ago,but now you expect pro bowl play? Keep dreaming. He will get beat,he will see HOW he is getting beat in post game video and the coaches will show him how to defeat that weakness. it's why we have coaches,please

I'd rather have Mailata there than anyone else the Eagles are likely to get.

Ham needs to watch the game instead of relying on the "experts" at PFF

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

That throw won't stop me from asking about the other facets of being an NFL QB. It was a nice improvement and one I can check off the list(and one I would like to see more often-the deep ball). If he continues his strong play through the bye week, he may have me convinced

GB, you are in a rush for everything.   I've been saying the whole time.. let's see he entire season before judging anything.  There is playoffs included in that.

I also want to look Baltimore, Miami and Arizona... does the trend continue with running QBs struggling to put up points in the playoffs?   Let's wait and see...not just a few games before the bye.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

GB, you are in a rush for everything.   I've been saying the whole time.. let's see he entire season before judging anything.  There is playoffs included in that.

I also want to look Baltimore, Miami and Arizona... does the trend continue with running QBs struggling to put up points in the playoffs?   Let's wait and see...not just a few games before the bye.

Noone is in a rush,but 1/2 way through the season there should be indicators if we are keeping him or not. If he was throwing 5 picks a game we would make the change before the bye,so no not rushing but you should have some clue by then. it's not like he will miraculously throw a 75 yard bomb late in the year. When we canned Wentz it was week 4? We didn't give him the rest of the year?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, joemas6 said:

GB, you are in a rush for everything.   I've been saying the whole time.. let's see he entire season before judging anything.  There is playoffs included in that.

I also want to look Baltimore, Miami and Arizona... does the trend continue with running QBs struggling to put up points in the playoffs?   Let's wait and see...not just a few games before the bye.

I already had enough time to judge some things. I’ve decided Emily Rae is our top cheerleader. Total package.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watching Tenn/FL. Yep Hooker(QB for Tenn) would drop right into this offense. I'll take him in round 4, y'all can do what you want lol. Plays exactly like Hurts but makes good decisions already. Tenn ranked 11,FL at 20. It'as a good game and a good test for him. So those that had him ranked in 7 or a UDFA don't know what they are doing LOL. Excellent QB as a project for our #2. if he keeps playing well I suspect he will move up higher than even I have him ranked

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I will let it go when you stop making ridiculous blanket non factual statements like "Hurts brought AJ here",because that is BS and I will always call out BS even if it's on page 52,371 of this board

Hurts absolutely recruited and was a huge reason AJ came here….if not the main reason.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

That throw won't stop me from asking about the other facets of being an NFL QB. It was a nice improvement and one I can check off the list(and one I would like to see more often-the deep ball). If he continues his strong play through the bye week, he may have me convinced

If he continues on this MVP pace putting up numbers that are all time elite…..you may consider him worthy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I already had enough time to judge some things. I’ve decided Emily Rae is our top cheerleader. Total package.

Bummer,I had Kyle penciled in for you

3 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Hurts absolutely recruited and was a huge reason AJ came here….if not the main reason.

I got swamp land to sell you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Hurts absolutely recruited and was a huge reason AJ came here….if not the main reason.

3rd choice, but continue your fallacy because the comedic value is un

 

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Hurts has 5,842 combined passing and rushing yards in 21 starts. That’s the 12th-most in NFL history by a quarterback through 21 starts. 

Oh you're counting last years cake walk LMFAO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, joemas6 said:

GB, you are in a rush for everything.   I've been saying the whole time.. let's see he entire season before judging anything.  There is playoffs included in that.

I also want to look Baltimore, Miami and Arizona... does the trend continue with running QBs struggling to put up points in the playoffs?   Let's wait and see...not just a few games before the bye.

This is such a cop out label. For one thing….nothing ever happens…until it does. Winning football is winning football. First down is a first down…..in any game. TD is a TD…..anyway it’s scored….interception, rushing, receiving….all count 6 points. I think many of the old running QBs didn’t bring everything else Hurts brings to the table. So judging Hurts off Kyler Murray’s play is just stupid. Don’t see the relevance.

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

3rd choice, but continue your fallacy because the comedic value is un

 

Oh you're counting last years cake walk LMFAO

12th best in the history of the game man!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is the NFL….these are all paid players. He brings everything off the field. Nobody I ever heard even argue against that. He’s also doing all this on the field. I’ll let you look back twenty years from now and judge. Jump in with No Mas on only calling it how he sees it in hindsight. I give my opinion in real time.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This is such a cop out label. For one thing….nothing ever happens…until it does. Winning football is winning football. First down is a first down…..in any game. TD is a TD…..anyway it’s scored….interception, rushing, receiving….all count 6 points. I think many of the old running QBs didn’t bring everything else Hurts brings to the table. So judging Hurts off Kyler Murray’s play is just stupid. Don’t see the relevance.

12th best in the history of the game man!

Sure if you play HS teams for a year your stats looks really good

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doesn’t bother me if you are last to get on the Hurts train. At this point it just feels like rooting for our starting QB is called just being an Eagles fan. Over two years of hating on our guy just doesn’t fly with me. Works his butt off leading our team. I BACK HURTS! I am an Eagles fan!

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Sure if you play HS teams for a year your stats looks really good

Sure, these athletes today are so much smaller and slower than the past guys. Good point…..not!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This is the NFL….these are all paid players. He brings everything off the field. Nobody I ever heard even argue against that. He’s also doing all this on the field. I’ll let you look back twenty years from now and judge. Jump in with No Mas on only calling it how he sees it in hindsight. I give my opinion in real time.

Me too,my opinion is there can be no opinion after 2 games. I don;t care what he did vs last years HS squads that is irrelevant

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Doesn’t bother me if you are last to get on the Hurts train. At this point it just feels like rooting for our starting QB is called just being an Eagles fan. Over two years of hating on our guy just doesn’t fly with me. Works his butt off leading our team. I BACK HURTS! I am an Eagles fan!

Sure, these athletes today are so much smaller and slower than the past guys. Good point…..not!

LMFAO yeah playing teams with no team last year,even I would look good

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...