Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Noone is in a rush,but 1/2 way through the season there should be indicators if we are keeping him or not. If he was throwing 5 picks a game we would make the change before the bye,so no not rushing but you should have some clue by then. it's not like he will miraculously throw a 75 yard bomb late in the year. When we canned Wentz it was week 4? We didn't give him the rest of the year?

It was 4 weeks left...not week 4..lol

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

If he continues on this MVP pace putting up numbers that are all time elite…..you may consider him worthy.

What's the record for TD passes in a season?

This is such a cop out label. For one thing….nothing ever happens…until it does. Winning football is winning football. First down is a first down…..in any game. TD is a TD…..anyway it’s scored….interception, rushing, receiving….all count 6 points. I think many of the old running QBs didn’t bring everything else Hurts brings to the table. So judging Hurts off Kyler Murray’s play is just stupid. Don’t see the relevance.

12th best in the history of the game man!

Right...nothing ever happens until it does. That's when we judge.   I'm not in the  " I called it business like you"   

I want Hurts to have 17 gamed plus playoffs.  If he Lamar's the season... for me that's enough to say bye.    So far the running QB doesn't do squat in the playoffs because defenses won't do what Minnesota did.  Absolutely the worst game plan I've ever seen.  

Let's give the whole Season.   Plus I want to see if the 3 year trend continues where we don't beat a 9 or better win team with their starting QB.  My guess is one AFC South team will probably win 9 games and that will be the victory.  Not sure Green Bay won't be the only other 9 or better win team on the schedule.

10 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

What's the record for TD passes in a season?

How many points you get for rushing TDs? Think they score TDs equally anyway you get in.

9 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Right...nothing ever happens until it does. That's when we judge.   I'm not in the  " I called it business like you"   

I want Hurts to have 17 gamed plus playoffs.  If he Lamar's the season... for me that's enough to say bye.    So far the running QB doesn't do squat in the playoffs because defenses won't do what Minnesota did.  Absolutely the worst game plan I've ever seen.  

Let's give the whole Season.   Plus I want to see if the 3 year trend continues where we don't beat a 9 or better win team with their starting QB.  My guess is one AFC South team will probably win 9 games and that will be the victory.  Not sure Green Bay won't be the only other 9 or better win team on the schedule.

Yeah beating a nine win team is important to you. I’m more focused on winning the division and getting a better playoff seed. Beating a nine win team and sitting home for the postseason will satisfy you. Not me. I really don’t care who we beat in the regular season. Win each week is only way to see things. Win enough to get a three seed or higher would really please me. If ARod misses the game when we play them I’m perfectly fine with that…..as long as we JUST WIN BABY!

This is big boy football. Nobody cares or will take it easy on us because we are missing anybody to injury. Tom Brady didn’t take it easy in the SB and not throw fir a billion yards because the backup QB was starting, next man up….no crying….get ‘er done! I don’t care if it’s an ugly win versus tonsof backups. They actually all count the same. Just like TDs. Three years ago team i don’t connect to the 2022 Eagles. Those guys were a train wreck disaster! If we beat five twelve win teams in 2020 do we get a playoff spot in 2022? Just nothing but fluff unimportant crap you are spewing. I actually mean that respectfully. You worried about the wrong stuff here. 2022 Eagles. They can win. They can run the rock. Their QB can win even though he doesn’t have all the pro typical measurements. Thankfully they actually just suit up and settle things on the field with these predetermined rules. Great thing about sports. If we run a kick return, interception return and block a punt for TDs…..they throw two TDs in….we win.

I bet you do. I have a place on the water and a place near downtown. Maybe it’s time for you to reconsider your judgement. You never should have bought that swamp land.

I bought it cause I knew I could sell it to you. My grannie bought swampland it's now called Fort Myers beach LOL

They gave up 26 to Utah. 26 to Kentucky. And 28 to South Florida Central State. You know College footballs powerhouse teams. 

I’m sure you are ready to invest high picks in all those QBs.

What does QB have to do with points allowed??? I'll wait

31 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

How many points you get for rushing TDs? Think they score TDs equally anyway you get in.

So no need for a QB just hire a RB to get the ball from your center. QB is now obsolete. Nothing like a good college offense in the pros lol

14 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

This is big boy football. Nobody cares or will take it easy on us because we are missing anybody to injury. Tom Brady didn’t take it easy in the SB and not throw fir a billion yards because the backup QB was starting, next man up….no crying….get ‘er done! I don’t care if it’s an ugly win versus tonsof backups. They actually all count the same. Just like TDs. Three years ago team i don’t connect to the 2022 Eagles. Those guys were a train wreck disaster! If we beat five twelve win teams in 2020 do we get a playoff spot in 2022? Just nothing but fluff unimportant crap you are spewing. I actually mean that respectfully. You worried about the wrong stuff here. 2022 Eagles. They can win. They can run the rock. Their QB can win even though he doesn’t have all the pro typical measurements. Thankfully they actually just suit up and settle things on the field with these predetermined rules. Great thing about sports. If we run a kick return, interception return and block a punt for TDs…..they throw two TDs in….we win.

Do we play five 12 win teams this year??? Reminder on Hurts "stats"- easiest schedule last year vs beat up teams in many cases that were weak to begin with, 2nd easiest schedule this year. If you want to bronze Hurts balls and hold them that's up to you. I will wait until at least the bye to see if he is still performing and improving. Joe will wait for the full year,that's his bar,but neither of us are signing Hurts to a 40 million a year contract,you are the only one who would do that right now

Hurts is also on the rushing list around 12th or so( which includes RB's). So Hurts is a RB who can throw some. I liked his improvement vs the Vikes. I need to see more of it.  OSU just destroying a very good Wisconsin defense. Making it look easy

What does QB have to do with points allowed??? I'll wait

Florida’s D is leaking like a sieve to everybody

14 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So he’s rushed 79 times and got two pressures i believe

Honestly I saw him stop a screen play was about it.

I have not been impressed with Reddick, at least not yet. He looks small and has nothing special in his rush. So how has he accumulated so many sacks recently?

So no need for a QB just hire a RB to get the ball from your center. QB is now obsolete. Nothing like a good college offense in the pros lol

Think our offense is looking pretty good. We spent more on D than anybody in the league. I believe money talks in professional football. So I’ll take option D :all the above.

Do we play five 12 win teams this year??? Reminder on Hurts "stats"- easiest schedule last year vs beat up teams in many cases that were weak to begin with, 2nd easiest schedule this year. If you want to bronze Hurts balls and hold them that's up to you. I will wait until at least the bye to see if he is still performing and improving. Joe will wait for the full year,that's his bar,but neither of us are signing Hurts to a 40 million a year contract,you are the only one who would do that right now

He’s my guy….riding the Hurts Train as far as we can go

You guys argue like a married couple. It is cheap entertainment for sure. 😳😱😳😀

Cunningham, you can’t crown Hurts a franchise QB after a good game or two just like no one can put Wentz in the HOF after one awesome season.

But we should all admit that Hurts has played very well in the first two games of 2022. Hats off to him. He does possess leadership qualities as other players gravitate towards him. 
I am still skeptical. But, I HOPE Hurts continues to improve on all facets of his game AND the TEAM can play exceptionally well to make up for any shortcomings and/or fallacies that Hurts has. No player is perfect. Hurts does lack some arm strength Cunningham. Doesn’t mean he can’t make NFL throws; he just doesn’t have a Brett Favre arm. There have been plenty of QBs that have had success without THAT kind of arm….Tom Brady and Montana did NOT have that kind of arm, but they each won plenty. And I won’t bash you for being all in on Hurts. That’s awesome! I hope we all get there.THAT would be AWESOME!

4 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

What's the record for combined rushing and passing TDs in a season?

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Florida’s D is leaking like a sieve to everybody

LOL you were listing scores against Tenn and Hooker has ZIP to do with that. FL is still a ranked team bro so there are only 19 better ranked ones(Tenn is one of them) Tenn is 4-0 for ther first time in 6 years and Hooker is killin it. He is the best QB they have had sine Manning(remember him??) He plays like Hurts. You ADORE Hurts and would kiss his ass in the town square if he asked,but Hooker sucks even though he is a Hurts clone. I love you moving standards,double standards and bar lowering when it suits your needs,then you do 1 180 when THAT suits you. So if you like Hurts,you like Hooker because they are the same QB and Hooker would drop right into the offense we set up. So even though they play identical you hate Hooker because I like him and I find that childishly inconsistent. If you like running QB's you like Hooker so get on board like you want me to with Hurts. I will get onboard when Hurts shows me all I need to see and does it consistently. AND BTW Hooker is already making faster decisions than Hurts,so let's see where Hooker goes in the draft. You called him "undraftable" and you will be eating those words my friend. So unless he gets hurt Hooker will be drafted and you can save this post as proof I said it because once AGAIN you are wrong

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

LMAO did I say we took it easy on anyone last year? Nope. I merely stated the obvious, that we played teams at less that 100% and you can deny that FACT all you want but once again you'd be wrong. So stat padding is what Hurts did last year,deny it all you want,but that is why people like ME and 93 and Joe and others on here need to see Hurts perform NOW, THIS year, because last year was no barometer of what he can do and/or a series of flukes due to crap teams we played and why all of us(but you kissing arse) is why we need to see NFL QB level play,because last year proved NOTHING and why we all say(except you of course) that Hurts needs to show us BEFORE we shell out 40 million a year. And ONCE AGAIN noone is anti Hurts which you seems to have been ingrained in your little head. Everyone on here wants Hurts to succeed and has said so, yet you assume we are anti Hurts(and anti Ham) simply because we set our bars higher than you do. So you can STOP the "hater" posts because that is false also and after your rants about salary caps and losing guys and letting loot sit on the books,you should be on the same boat the rest of us are,or do you really want a repeat of the Wentz contract/fiasco.debacle?? Let's recall everyone was "all in" on Wentz too. Does this sound familiar to you? Familiar enough that we all show some caution while you are ready to jump in up to your neck? Hurts had a terrific game vs the Vikes,I need to see that alot more. ALOT more and on a consistent basis. That is not hate,that is making a smart informed decision. And running QB's should bother you. RG3 didn't last long. Lamar Jackson has stunts being out or plays hurt alot and this is what you want? Maybe that's why everyone but YOU wants to see more passing? TO make sure he survives a 5 year contract? It's not that hard to follow. As far as Hooker I will stick to my analysis that he will be drafted. I have him in round 4 right NOW but I suspect he moves higher very soon and once again you will be WRONG(mic drop)

Early math which I will do for Ham's sake: 2021 Hurts scored 16 passing and 10 rushing TD's=26 or 1.523 TD's per game. After 2 games in 2022 4 TD's(1 passing 3 rushing)= 2 per game which would put him on pace for 34 TD's for the year(2 x 17 games). Actually, I believe he will do better than that because Howie has given him every tool in the chest,. I just need to see it. So there it is in black and white,but since Ham is talking "elite" and MVP he would need at least 40 TD's this year(maybe more). So Ham wants to anoint him as the new "elite" MVP which he could very well achieve,but the rest of us aren't ready for that blessing yet because we have set our bar higher. IMO by the bye we should be able to see/know what he is on pace for(prediction). Joe wants to see the whole year which I can't blame him for it's just my thoughts are I will know by the bye whether he is my QB moving forward. By the bye week I will be able to make a call on Hurts IN MY VIEW.By then if he is still doing well it would take a huge disastrous turnaround to fail. I am anxious to see how Hurts responds being down 2-3 scores. A leader will LEAD and will his team to win. We all understand Hurts is likable,but his "leadership" has not been tested. This is one of the best overall teams I have seen us have. May need a few more tweaks here and there,but really need to see us with the hammer down for 60 minutes and 2 post season wins. I had us at 10-11 wins,so since we beat the Vikes,a game I thought we could lose,I see 11 wins and 12 is not out of the question,but we all know there is always that 1 game....... lol. So another good test today for Hurts. I saw 2 deep balls from him,which I wanted to see,I saw better accuracy which I NEEDED to see and I saw him spread the ball around which I also wanted to see. Now I want to see all that every week because that is what is required of a starting NFL QB that I am going to pay big money to. For me the jury is out,but it's looking good to this point. Let's stay healthy because we know what losing key players can do to your season. Fly Eagles Fly

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/players/2023/hendon-hooker  Welp I "called it" already, Hooker now up to consensus rank 113 (that is mid round 3 Ham-HAHAHA). I already said I would take him in 4 but apparently he won't last that long either so Ham as you said to me "I don't know what you look at in QB's because he is not draftable" lol. WRONG again HAHAHAHA. My bet is he will go in round 2 or even make it into the round 1 discussion if he continues to shine. If I sign Hurts(or plan to), this kid will drop right into this offense and I will draft him and groom him as my #2 and feel good about it. Remember my previous post that "you heard it here first". Now let's go destroy the Commanders!!! 

Guys I am watching for us in the '23 draft- Ringo-CB(first round 1) Georgia, Battle-S-Bama(round 1) Van Pran-IOL-Georgia(2) McIntosh-RB-Georgia(3) Hooker-QB-Tenn(4) although i expect Hooker to keep climbing boards. Van Pran is the center right now, but could possibly play G as well so him and Jurgens should give us a nice solid O line going forward. McIntosh has potential needs more coaching up,but he would be fine in the RBBC we have. He is a good pass catcher who needs to work on his blocking skills both at run and pass blocking,but the talent is there and we are in no rush and you all know I like Hooker but I doubt he makes it to round 4 at the rate he is going(already ranked to go mid 3) I will look at some edge guys as the college season goes on but I like Harrison from OSU at present

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Guys I am watching for us in the '23 draft- Ringo-CB(first round 1) Georgia, Battle-S-Bama(round 1) Van Pran-IOL-Georgia(2) McIntosh-RB-Georgia(3) Hooker-QB-Tenn(4) although i expect Hooker to keep climbing boards. Van Pran is the center right now, but could possibly play G as well so him and Jurgens should give us a nice solid O line going forward. McIntosh has potential needs more coaching up,but he would be fine in the RBBC we have. He is a good pass catcher who needs to work on his blocking skills both at run and pass blocking,but the talent is there and we are in no rush and you all know I like Hooker but I doubt he makes it to round 4 at the rate he is going(already ranked to go mid 3) I will look at some edge guys as the college season goes on but I like Harrison from OSU at present

did you see Vaughn, the RB from K State against Oklahoma?

He could be a clone of Sproles but he looks stronger.

Archived