Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you were right about Jefferson….but I was complaining about the need for the position for many years before that. 

Wentz needed to go. I was totally fine with that decision. Next week is the one we screwed all up. Pedey it was ridiculous to fire. They practically ride him out of town. Forced him to fire and hire which all turned out to be terrible moves. I would love Pedey to one day really let more out of the bag. That was the most unbelievable crap to ever survive by Rosie. I guess Lurie was super involved heavily. So Rosie probably would have taken him down with him. Plus the salary cap was so screwed Rosie was the only one who could fix it. Really think he keeps the books so deep and screwed for job security. Gives him planned ups and downs. The downs nobody would want to take over the job. Probably take them years to figure out all how to unf3c$ things.

So I rewatched the game. Hurts has a slightly different throwing motion. He’s coming more over the top now. That huge TD to Quez was like air 58 yards 

Just seeing the confidence in his pass catchers. He’s throwing those tight window balls and trusting his guys more. Think his confidence in te whole group has really gone up. Think he trusts the Oline more also. But they’ve been making really poor mistakes that surprise me. Can’t think of what else to blame but the cut back in practicing for real on the football field and playing in PS. I’m old school. Feel that’s why the D gave out week one also. Guys weren’t nearly in football shape. Got away with it so it was a good gamble. 

So what is the opinion on Mailata? He has been getting beat and commiting penalties.  Kind of thought the tape would be heavily reviewed to find weakness since he’s a newbie. The penalties are mental. At least one I thought was BS. So not all bad. My only idea is he finally got paid. Last season he was full on competing. So he was in form to receive the big bag. Worried it’s a distraction. Or more like was…this offseason. Anyway…..this is the huge moment….can he adapt to how they figured to attack him? Pretty much every NFL player has to go through it. Many it kills their career because their weakness exposed they can’t overcome. Don’t have to be perfect. But gotta do enough in your weak area for it not to be a liability, Tons riding on this. Surprised more aren’t discussing this. Arguably one of the most major current and long term issues taking place right now.

PFF gave Mailata  like a 52 grade….ugly

If either G can’t go I’m curious who comes in. Driscoll was the obvious guy. But I think Opeta just keeps plugging. He’s strong. Maybe not the most nimble. But I think Opeta is ready to start. Either way gotta love having that kind of depth.

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Really felt like the main hatred was between Rosie and Wentz. Sure we don’t know the half of it. Those two got serious bad blood.

I don’t know anything about that. I will always say it was really stupid to get rid of both the coach AND the QB that helped make a Super Bowl happen. I know Wentz wasn’t there for the big game, but the Eagles don’t get home field without him and don’t make it to the big game without it. 

Some real maturity in Sanders evolution this year. First He looks bigger and stronger. But he’s not dancing in the backfield as much and not bouncing things as much. He had big success doing that his rookie year. But he also would generate negative plays too much. Really what you want as a coach I’d think. Keeping us in decent and workable down and distance situations.  Gotta remember how little he played in college. Hoping it all comes together and he stays healthy. Don’t see that kind of growth much in the NFL at the position. Usually it’s just teaching them to block.

8 minutes ago, Senhorcook said:

I don’t know anything about that. I will always say it was really stupid to get rid of both the coach AND the QB that helped make a Super Bowl happen. I know Wentz wasn’t there for the big game, but the Eagles don’t get home field without him and don’t make it to the big game without it. 

But he was never that guy again unfortunately. And even then he just doesn’t learn to not hold the ball so much. You can run but get down. Hurts did a great job twice in that Lions game just running for his life from the rush….but then throw the dang ball away. Many haters bang on his completion percentage crap. But those two plays were great plays.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That’s a huge one. That was always his big issue. We took a huge chance on a guy that was always injured in college. He played through plenty if I remember right. But he also always went out with some major ones also. Really hoping he could be relied on. Oline chemistry is crucial. I don’t need the greatest everywhere but all five playing together is the thing. Average guys can pull off the job as long as they do it together.

You hit the nail right on the head! Same thing I thought. 

I was referring to the amount of players on report. But a starting guard…CRUCIAL!

39 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So what is the opinion on Mailata? He has been getting beat and commiting penalties.  Kind of thought the tape would be heavily reviewed to find weakness since he’s a newbie. The penalties are mental. At least one I thought was BS. So not all bad. My only idea is he finally got paid. Last season he was full on competing. So he was in form to receive the big bag. Worried it’s a distraction. Or more like was…this offseason. Anyway…..this is the huge moment….can he adapt to how they figured to attack him? Pretty much every NFL player has to go through it. Many it kills their career because their weakness exposed they can’t overcome. Don’t have to be perfect. But gotta do enough in your weak area for it not to be a liability, Tons riding on this. Surprised more aren’t discussing this. Arguably one of the most major current and long term issues taking place right now.

PFF gave Mailata  like a 52 grade….ugly

I think he'll be ok. Stout took him from zero football to what he is now. In a short amount (3 yrs?) of time I might add. 

4 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I think he'll be ok. Stout took him from zero football to what he is now. In a short amount (3 yrs?) of time I might add. 

But now the best of the best have studied him extensively. There was no tape on him was one of his biggest benefits…Beyond his physical extreme gifts.

So he’s rushed 79 times and got two pressures i believe

Honestly I saw him stop a screen play was about it.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2023-nfl-draft-board-top-prospect-battles-to-watch-in-week-4/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=2023+NFL+Draft+Scouting+Notebook+✍️&utm_campaign=Draft365+9%2F24%2F22   Article about my WAY too early QB pick(as a prospect for us) Hooker. Remember you heard it first here. he is not a round 1,2 or maybe not even round 3,but if we sign Hurts to  along termer, he would be worthy of a late pick with the needed time to develop him. Ham hates him,so I know he is the right choice HAHAHAHAHA. Hooker has a "prove you are not a fluke" game coming up and I will watch if I can get the game. If he impresses this week it will surely move him up boards

9 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Feels like you’ve gone through this thousands of times. To me we were missing on the WR for years. Our team was ploddingly slow.

We kept holding on to players like Alshon and Djax because of what you said. Howie seems to have done more homework and is picking better WR's or it's been a gigantic dose of good luck for him. I prefer to hope it's the former. Quez turned out nicely so that was a "luck" pick(same draft as Reagor if I recall). I have said many times we do a bang up job in rounds 4 and through UDFA signings,but we always struggled with the TOP picks. Looks like that has gone away the last 2 drafts. if Howie can continue to draft like this we will be a solid contender for years to come. it is still apparent to me Howie is not a whiz with secondary draft picks,but since he got a few others right,we can now afford to go sign the proven ones. Everyone has a weakness and Howies appears to be secondary analysis. Time and again we have seen him shy away from taking a top round player at CB and S. it seems Howie is still learning and that's a good thing. He needs to be able to scout LB's CB's and S's to become the complete package. he has always been good with choosing linemen,so lets hope Howie continues to grow

8 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Let it go finally. I was hung up on Russel Wilson for years. Still brought it less than you. But we took Foles instead. Clearly not as good. We had to do so much to try and get a QB since. But it was meant to be because Foles got us that big trophy.

I will let it go when you stop making ridiculous blanket non factual statements like "Hurts brought AJ here",because that is BS and I will always call out BS even if it's on page 52,371 of this board

9 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

My whole idea was trade back. Seven good WR talents. Add ammo and take any of them

You want to trade back every year. At least you are consistent in that way. The problem is you lose the top tier players to gather more NON top tier players. At some point you have to make a choice and take one or move UP for one (as we did). You also think the Eagles can trade around and do whatever they want and every team will accept our trade offers. Not so,so to SAY I want to move back from 11 to 19 is easy to do, but you need the team picking at 19 to want to give things up to make the move to 11.it's a complete chess game that happens in 5 minutes time and although you WISH it,it takes alot of effort to make it happen

Wanted DeAndre Hopkins in the second. Would have fixed us all this time. But you don’t hear me bring it up up constantly. You were right about Jefferson in one of your six billion mock drafts that season. We get it. But you just overkilling one pick. Thing is that pick you so proud about was years way too late in my book.

UR funny,take it on the road. Sure I put out alot of mocks,but the ones at the end are the ones that matter and I had both Olave and Davis this year, and had them both vascillating for MONTHS as my pick #1,so once again a false statement. We suffer when Howie listens to you and takes losers like Reagor. You are better with defensive players,stick with those

I really wanted DJ Moore

Love him great WR

So you were right about Jefferson….but I was complaining about the need for the position for many years before that. 

Agholor also a crap pick. Hollis was a waste of time etc etc etc and why we had to keep resigning the WR's on social security. Also why we couldn't supply Wentz with the needed weapons to succeed. Just about ANY QB would look good with the receivers we finally have in here

That throw should clearly shut down the haters. That’s enough fir anything but the longest Hail Mary.

That throw won't stop me from asking about the other facets of being an NFL QB. It was a nice improvement and one I can check off the list(and one I would like to see more often-the deep ball). If he continues his strong play through the bye week, he may have me convinced

That throw should clearly shut down the haters. That’s enough fir anything but the longest Hail Mary.

Noone is a hater,we simply did not lower the bar for what is expected from our QB. "Prove it" doesn't mean you are a hater, it means they need to PROVE IT

Archived