Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

My whole idea was trade back. Seven good WR talents. Add ammo and take any of them

Doesn't matter what our ideas were,we took Reagor when everyone on the planet knew JJ was the pick,that's reality

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chase I still know is better than him. But when you see that difference between Chase and Jefferson….you had to question how good Jefferson would really be. Glad he is doing well. Even more glad we shut him down.

Jefferson proved everybody wrong. I’ll give him that. Seemed like a slot WR. Plus it’s fairly rare a guy becomes that good that becomes second on his own college team from a younger player. 

LOL yeah you labelled him as a slot and he was used in the slot alot at LSU,but from the slot he ran outside WR routes and he was always open from anywhere. People who say "oh he's ONLY a slot WR can eat crow now

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Doesn't matter what our ideas were,we took Reagor when everyone on the planet knew JJ was the pick,that's reality

We forced it because we had a massive need. Reagor we knew was very unpolished. It was a swing for the fence pick. Many things posted toward other factors than his ability holding him back in college. But still was a ton of talent at WR that draft.

Chase I still know is better than him. But when you see that difference between Chase and Jefferson….you had to question how good Jefferson would really be. Glad he is doing well. Even more glad we shut him down.

yeah I was fairly sirprised we did that and shut down Cook too. It's hard to stop either of them let alone both,so Gannon had a great game plan

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

We forced it because we had a massive need. Reagor we knew was very unpolished. It was a swing for the fence pick. Many things posted toward other factors than his ability holding him back in college. But still was a ton of talent at WR that draft.

It wasn't forced, Howie made the WRONG choice and even the Vikes knew it

I had WR I liked well before Jefferson draft. And after. I could even easily argue DeVonta wasn’t the best pick. I mean we gave the Cowturds an extra pick to take Parsons. You’d have to say Parsons is the better player. No question when you add in an second day draft pick on top. 

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

yeah I was fairly sirprised we did that and shut down Cook too. It's hard to stop either of them let alone both,so Gannon had a great game plan

Yeah ….it was called put a real stud veteran Pro Bowler on him.

I will be anxious to see Olave if he ever gets a solid QB. Winston is not that sadly, so his talent will be wasted until they can find a better QB in NO. I bet Olave would smoke it with Brees at QB lol

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I don’t think anybody felt Reagor was worthy of the high a pick. Honestly I don’t think any of them were. Especially with so many clearly somebody was falling to the end of the round or round two. Felt like bad value to me.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I had WR I liked well before Jefferson draft. And after. I could even easily argue DeVonta wasn’t the best pick. I mean we gave the Cowturds an extra pick to take Parsons. You’d have to say Parsons is the better player. No question when you add in an second day draft pick on top. 

Yeah ….it was called put a real stud veteran Pro Bowler on him.

LOL no it was the plan to bop him at the LOS,clearly that got into his head. He beat many good CB's last year. We got into his head early,we need to do that again with McLaurin/Samuels this week

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I will be anxious to see Olave if he ever gets a solid QB. Winston is not that sadly, so his talent will be wasted until they can find a better QB in NO. I bet Olave would smoke it with Brees at QB lol

Winston has a big arm and will throw plenty.

I don’t think anybody felt Reagor was worthy of the high a pick. Honestly I don’t think any of them were. Especially with so many clearly somebody was falling to the end of the round or round two. Felt like bad value to me.

JJ was a top flight WR,I had Reagor in late 2/early 3. Speed was his only attribute and Howie fell for it. he was a 1 trick pony and I said that early on

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Winston has a big arm and will throw plenty.

Hot/cold, inconsistent. Thats hard for a rookie WR when Olave is used to a good accurate consistent passer and Winston is not that. He never was

Olave I like though. He already looks fairly good.

yeah I had Olave or Davis as my first picks. I settled on Davis,but not sorry we got AJ for him(and picks).Thomas is getting up there so Olave needs to become the 1 soon and IDK if he can do that with Winston(I mean stat wise,he WILL be the #1 soon but IDK that his numbers will be there)

A kid I liked who is struggling right now is Christian Watson. ARod is not happy with his drops LOL. I wanted him for us in 3 if we didn't get a WR early. But the AJ trade stopped that. College is cranking out much better players now than even 5 years ago

As far as Dullaz LB's that draft,every team kept taking CB's before they picked(lol) so they got what like 3 LB's that draft? And they already had Vander-Esch. They kept thinking a CB would fall to them lol

Anyway I hope Hurts keeps playing well. I just would rather he use our RB's at the GL or he won't be around long enough to see the end of a 5 year contract. I was happy to see Hurts be more accurate and spread the ball around and I hope that continues. He did drop a 53 yard dime which is about as far as he can throw,but even that missed deep ball was nice to see and not the dink and dunk.We have good WR's all over now,should really boost Hurts confidence to "let it fly" more often  

Anyway another OSU WR should be the first one taken next draft Smith-Njngba is an excellent WR. I hope he ends up in Jax because Trevor needs better weapons down there. 

34 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

No we picked right before the VIkes and they were thrilled when we stupidly took Reagor and let them have JJ

Feels like you’ve gone through this thousands of times. To me we were missing on the WR for years. Our team was ploddingly slow.

49 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I’ve been trying to explain is it was needed many years before it get to that bad a point

42 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Injury Report looks good. Basically the only blemish is Dickerson (Questionable)

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/injury-report/

That’s a huge one. That was always his big issue. We took a huge chance on a guy that was always injured in college. He played through plenty if I remember right. But he also always went out with some major ones also. Really hoping he could be relied on. Oline chemistry is crucial. I don’t need the greatest everywhere but all five playing together is the thing. Average guys can pull off the job as long as they do it together.

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Let it go finally. I was hung up on Russel Wilson for years. Still brought it less than you. But we took Foles instead. Clearly not as good. We had to do so much to try and get a QB since. But it was meant to be because Foles got us that big trophy.

Wanted DeAndre Hopkins in the second. Would have fixed us all this time. But you don’t hear me bring it up up constantly. You were right about Jefferson in one of your six billion mock drafts that season. We get it. But you just overkilling one pick. Thing is that pick you so proud about was years way too late in my book.

Archived