Jump to content

Ongoing Eagles News Discussion


cunninghamtheman
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

JJAW was right before….folding fitget that one. Took Dillard instead of my boy. Reagor was just one option if like six or seven WR that year….for trading back.

No we picked right before the VIkes and they were thrilled when we stupidly took Reagor and let them have JJ

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Just gotta adapt to the newer NFL. Game is evolving. Most all QBs now need mobility to combat the massive surge in these freak pass rushers. These guys on the end are running WR times now. Got DT that can run faster than Eli and many older QBs. LBs are playing at S speeds now. But the actual running element Hirts brings I’m not sure the NFL has actually quite seen.

Hurts lower body strength was on display in the Vikes game. he is hard to stop on the run. I just hope he doesn't end up being RG3. Won't be any good if we sign him for 5 years and he gets hurt in year 2 of that contract

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Jefferson proved everybody wrong. I’ll give him that. Seemed like a slot WR. Plus it’s fairly rare a guy becomes that good that becomes second on his own college team from a younger player. 

LOL yeah you labelled him as a slot and he was used in the slot alot at LSU,but from the slot he ran outside WR routes and he was always open from anywhere. People who say "oh he's ONLY a slot WR can eat crow now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Doesn't matter what our ideas were,we took Reagor when everyone on the planet knew JJ was the pick,that's reality

We forced it because we had a massive need. Reagor we knew was very unpolished. It was a swing for the fence pick. Many things posted toward other factors than his ability holding him back in college. But still was a ton of talent at WR that draft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Chase I still know is better than him. But when you see that difference between Chase and Jefferson….you had to question how good Jefferson would really be. Glad he is doing well. Even more glad we shut him down.

yeah I was fairly sirprised we did that and shut down Cook too. It's hard to stop either of them let alone both,so Gannon had a great game plan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

We forced it because we had a massive need. Reagor we knew was very unpolished. It was a swing for the fence pick. Many things posted toward other factors than his ability holding him back in college. But still was a ton of talent at WR that draft.

It wasn't forced, Howie made the WRONG choice and even the Vikes knew it

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had WR I liked well before Jefferson draft. And after. I could even easily argue DeVonta wasn’t the best pick. I mean we gave the Cowturds an extra pick to take Parsons. You’d have to say Parsons is the better player. No question when you add in an second day draft pick on top. 

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

yeah I was fairly sirprised we did that and shut down Cook too. It's hard to stop either of them let alone both,so Gannon had a great game plan

Yeah ….it was called put a real stud veteran Pro Bowler on him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

It wasn't forced, Howie made the WRONG choice and even the Vikes knew it

I don’t think anybody felt Reagor was worthy of the high a pick. Honestly I don’t think any of them were. Especially with so many clearly somebody was falling to the end of the round or round two. Felt like bad value to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I had WR I liked well before Jefferson draft. And after. I could even easily argue DeVonta wasn’t the best pick. I mean we gave the Cowturds an extra pick to take Parsons. You’d have to say Parsons is the better player. No question when you add in an second day draft pick on top. 

Yeah ….it was called put a real stud veteran Pro Bowler on him.

LOL no it was the plan to bop him at the LOS,clearly that got into his head. He beat many good CB's last year. We got into his head early,we need to do that again with McLaurin/Samuels this week

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I don’t think anybody felt Reagor was worthy of the high a pick. Honestly I don’t think any of them were. Especially with so many clearly somebody was falling to the end of the round or round two. Felt like bad value to me.

JJ was a top flight WR,I had Reagor in late 2/early 3. Speed was his only attribute and Howie fell for it. he was a 1 trick pony and I said that early on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Olave I like though. He already looks fairly good.

yeah I had Olave or Davis as my first picks. I settled on Davis,but not sorry we got AJ for him(and picks).Thomas is getting up there so Olave needs to become the 1 soon and IDK if he can do that with Winston(I mean stat wise,he WILL be the #1 soon but IDK that his numbers will be there)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A kid I liked who is struggling right now is Christian Watson. ARod is not happy with his drops LOL. I wanted him for us in 3 if we didn't get a WR early. But the AJ trade stopped that. College is cranking out much better players now than even 5 years ago

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyway I hope Hurts keeps playing well. I just would rather he use our RB's at the GL or he won't be around long enough to see the end of a 5 year contract. I was happy to see Hurts be more accurate and spread the ball around and I hope that continues. He did drop a 53 yard dime which is about as far as he can throw,but even that missed deep ball was nice to see and not the dink and dunk.We have good WR's all over now,should really boost Hurts confidence to "let it fly" more often  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...