Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed! What I'd like to see next though is this team to really stomp someone in to the ground. 

I mean,  it's not college.. 24 point lead is pretty much that in the pros

53 minutes ago, stine said:

Joe, this is the NFL. Do you think anyone expected KC to lose to Indy yesterday? Yet you think we shouldn't give them another thought? Jacksonville just beat up on SD, but we should not be concerned? It is not where we "See" losses, it is a matter of they will happen. GB is solid. Playing @ NY and Dallas is always trouble. Tennessee may be trouble by the time we play them. Indy and Jacksonville just beat solid teams. We beat Minnesota, Detroit and Washington. Not sure how good these teams are yet. I will wait until Mid November before I puff out my Chest about this team....

Right... I don't think the Eagles will win 17 games . But really don't see 5 losses with this schedule. 

15 minutes ago, stine said:

Only 3 undefeated teams in the NFL now.... Maybe 2 after tonight....

yeah should be a good game. I think Dak is out another week and comes back week 5,so the gnats have the best shot they will have tonight at a W. Barkley back to 100% helps alot too. 

46 minutes ago, stine said:

The O-Line play now is lights out. Much better than week 1 and it was expected. No team played great week 1. Not sure why you are worried about week 1 when everyone else is on to week 4.....

Not worried about anything. The point is the analyzing the OL is different than when a team sends 6 guys to rush... you need an extra blocker for that.   The OL itself has been doing an elite level so far each game.   You don't put up 38 without good OL play.

13 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

I'm sure everyone saw that Jax put one on the Chargers

Lawrence is an excellent QB. Dropped right into the fire,so once he gets settled in he should be alot better. Most college guys take awhile to get used to the NFL speed

It is an easy schedule, but who knows what will happen during the season? Let's hope we stay healthy and keep up the play, especially on defense. 2 losses or 7, we have a good team that may finally get a win or two in the play-offs.....

That is a step in the right direction...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I mean,  it's not college.. 24 point lead is pretty much that in the pros

For me the concern is the inconsistancy

24 points in 1 quarter and zip for the rest of the game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Not worried about anything. The point is the analyzing the OL is different than when a team sends 6 guys to rush... you need an extra blocker for that.   The OL itself has been doing an elite level so far each game.   You don't put up 38 without good OL play.

Except the play I was discussing they only sent 4, not 6. It is over joe, move on.

There is no doubt that the Eagles O-Line is a top 3 unit in the NFL. No one is denying that! The fact they had an off game week 1 is not a big deal, no matter if you feel that way or not. This Offense may be the best the Eagles have ever had.

2 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

For me the concern is the inconsistancy

24 points in 1 quarter and zip for the rest of the game.

I mean... how many times did we have the ball in the 4th Q?

The other thing... if we gave up 24 points in a quarter.... are we going to talk about how our defense didn't give up anything the rest of the game?    I don't think so I think we would realize that the other team didn't need to score at that point. And would see them eating the clock and limiting our opportunities as good strategy for them.    I bet we would wish for how Baltimore handled their lead last week if the situation was reversed.

Just now, joemas6 said:

Hey remember that one play out of 70 where we messed up... so because of that I can't see us ranked the best???? Really? 

3 games....clearly the best OL in the league and not really close.

Also, I never said it was just one play. You did. You also keep bringing up sending 6 all game which is not even close. LET IT GO!

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

The Jax O line is suspect so I am leaving my Eagles fantasy D right where is it in the starting slot LOL. This was suppose to be Wentz's big "revenge" game HAHAHAHA 9 sacks HAHAHAHA

If only the QB could block for himself?

1 minute ago, stine said:

Also, I never said it was just one play. You did. You also keep bringing up sending 6 all game which is not even close. LET IT GO!

Lol.let what go?  Our OL...those 5 guys, absolutely the best in the league.  Why would we let that go?  That’s something to appreciate as a fan.