Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

15 minutes ago, stine said:

Only 3 undefeated teams in the NFL now.... Maybe 2 after tonight....

yeah should be a good game. I think Dak is out another week and comes back week 5,so the gnats have the best shot they will have tonight at a W. Barkley back to 100% helps alot too. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, stine said:

The O-Line play now is lights out. Much better than week 1 and it was expected. No team played great week 1. Not sure why you are worried about week 1 when everyone else is on to week 4.....

Not worried about anything. The point is the analyzing the OL is different than when a team sends 6 guys to rush... you need an extra blocker for that.   The OL itself has been doing an elite level so far each game.   You don't put up 38 without good OL play.

13 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

I'm sure everyone saw that Jax put one on the Chargers

Lawrence is an excellent QB. Dropped right into the fire,so once he gets settled in he should be alot better. Most college guys take awhile to get used to the NFL speed

It is an easy schedule, but who knows what will happen during the season? Let's hope we stay healthy and keep up the play, especially on defense. 2 losses or 7, we have a good team that may finally get a win or two in the play-offs.....

That is a step in the right direction...

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I mean,  it's not college.. 24 point lead is pretty much that in the pros

For me the concern is the inconsistancy

24 points in 1 quarter and zip for the rest of the game.

15 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

I'm sure everyone saw that Jax put one on the Chargers

Yeah Herbert got hurt so that didn't help much, but jax will get better

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Not worried about anything. The point is the analyzing the OL is different than when a team sends 6 guys to rush... you need an extra blocker for that.   The OL itself has been doing an elite level so far each game.   You don't put up 38 without good OL play.

Except the play I was discussing they only sent 4, not 6. It is over joe, move on.

Miami beat Buffalo which was also impressive. I'm glad to see new blood instead of the automatic 6 wins the Pats used to get every year

There is no doubt that the Eagles O-Line is a top 3 unit in the NFL. No one is denying that! The fact they had an off game week 1 is not a big deal, no matter if you feel that way or not. This Offense may be the best the Eagles have ever had.

2 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

For me the concern is the inconsistancy

24 points in 1 quarter and zip for the rest of the game.

I mean... how many times did we have the ball in the 4th Q?

The other thing... if we gave up 24 points in a quarter.... are we going to talk about how our defense didn't give up anything the rest of the game?    I don't think so I think we would realize that the other team didn't need to score at that point. And would see them eating the clock and limiting our opportunities as good strategy for them.    I bet we would wish for how Baltimore handled their lead last week if the situation was reversed.

The Jax O line is suspect so I am leaving my Eagles fantasy D right where is it in the starting slot LOL. This was suppose to be Wentz's big "revenge" game HAHAHAHA 9 sacks HAHAHAHA

3 minutes ago, stine said:

Except the play I was discussing they only sent 4, not 6. It is over joe, move on.

One play is the whole game?   Lol

Hey remember that one play out of 70 where we messed up... so because of that I can't see us ranked the best???? Really? 

3 games....clearly the best OL in the league and not really close.

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

One play is the whole game?   Lol

No!  Just like they sent 6 the whole Game!

Just now, joemas6 said:

Hey remember that one play out of 70 where we messed up... so because of that I can't see us ranked the best???? Really? 

3 games....clearly the best OL in the league and not really close.

Also, I never said it was just one play. You did. You also keep bringing up sending 6 all game which is not even close. LET IT GO!

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

The Jax O line is suspect so I am leaving my Eagles fantasy D right where is it in the starting slot LOL. This was suppose to be Wentz's big "revenge" game HAHAHAHA 9 sacks HAHAHAHA

If only the QB could block for himself?

1 minute ago, stine said:

Also, I never said it was just one play. You did. You also keep bringing up sending 6 all game which is not even close. LET IT GO!

Lol.let what go?  Our OL...those 5 guys, absolutely the best in the league.  Why would we let that go?  That’s something to appreciate as a fan.   

''I've got to be better,'' Wentz said. ''They got after us and I did not play to my standards.''    Same as we heard here,same as we heard from Indy. I hope he carries the looped disc with him

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

If only the QB could block for himself?

Jax O line not much better,so I suspect we get to Lawrence more than he is used to being gotten to

Did Dickerson get hurt?

I saw Opeta next to Mailata. It looked  like Mailata handed off a rusher and expected Opeta to be there to take him but he went inside.

It's a part of our fanbase...the ignorance of how good our players are at times. Last year for 4 months all we heard how Bryce Harper couldn't hit HRs with guys on base...lol.  Then he wins MVP and all of a sudden he is good.    In the city here we have a few special athletes or units.  Harper,  Embiid, the OL...  taking it for granted when it's not absolutely perfect but yet still better than anything else related to the same category is pretty ignorant.  Can't expect perfection every time.

Nothing to worry about

Joe Thomas, Kay Adams | Up & Adams (FanDuel)

It was clear the Eagles had rust to shake off against Detroit and that extended to the offensive line that supported the best rushing attack in football last season. Perhaps it was the cost of taking things so lightly with the starters through training camp and the preseason. 

Former lineman and current analyst Joe Thomas sees that argument but ultimately thinks it's nothing to worry about. The Eagles' line is still stacked.

So Joe, the above was written by someone much more qualified than either of us. Apparently he thought the O-Line play was not great either. Of course they were sending 6 men each play!

2 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Did Dickerson get hurt?

I saw Opeta next to Mailata. It looked  like Mailata handed off a rusher and expected Opeta to be there to take him but he went inside.

Yeah both Dickerson and Goedert got nicked,but both came back in

We want to give Bramdon Graham credit....yet look those OTs he was playing against.  Imagine having those turnstiles???  Oh wait....2020 that was our OL.   

1 minute ago, stine said:

Nothing to worry about

Joe Thomas, Kay Adams | Up & Adams (FanDuel)

It was clear the Eagles had rust to shake off against Detroit and that extended to the offensive line that supported the best rushing attack in football last season. Perhaps it was the cost of taking things so lightly with the starters through training camp and the preseason. 

Former lineman and current analyst Joe Thomas sees that argument but ultimately thinks it's nothing to worry about. The Eagles' line is still stacked.

So Joe, the above was written by someone much more qualified than either of us. Apparently he thought the O-Line play was not great either. Of course they were sending 6 men each play!

Right...because they were looking at it that we should rush for 200 yards. Obviously that isn't what we are doing this year.  Nice to break off rust putting up 38.

Archived