Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

Yeah GB. Playing down to the competition is a really bad habit. How's that going to work vs tougher competition or if we're behind? 

IDK bro- first 15 figure out whats going on, second 15 score your arse off, 3rd 15 we're clueless but we have a big lead, 4th 15- Kick back cause the D is saving us from having to do any more work lol

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone making light of Jax be careful they ripped up the Charger D

2 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

AJ is Swoll Batman and DeVonta is Skinny Batman LOL

Why Batman?

Be happy the Eagles won and stop focusing on the fact they didn’t score in the second half. They didn’t need to. IF the skins had been able to score more, the playcalling would have been different. Jacksonville will NOT be an easy game.

3 minutes ago, Senhorcook said:

Be happy the Eagles won and stop focusing on the fact they didn’t score in the second half. They didn’t need to. IF the skins had been able to score more, the playcalling would have been different. Jacksonville will NOT be an easy game.

There are people upset the defense gave up a lot of points in the Superbowl.... it is what it is.

PFF and the other site ranked our OL #1 after week 1.    The OL, which is the 5 guys assigned to block the DL.  When the other team sends 6, there needs to be an additional blocker.

Just curious for those arguing that our OL wasn't doing their job because Hurts had pressure on him when Detroit was sending extra rushers... how do you think they looked vs the idiot DCs thinking they can just rush the front 4?    Hurts hasn't had any rush to get rid of the ball at all.

It's why I say I would run blitz and jam the WRs every play.  Every play, otherwise our OL will give him all day to throw and our WRs are too good if you give them space.   

54 minutes ago, Senhorcook said:

Uh we only score in the 2nd quarter thats it??? I'm glad we have a defense

49 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Uh we only score in the 2nd quarter thats it??? I'm glad we have a defense

3-0 and still not satisfied? You aren’t going to find perfection. RELAX. Smile! Cheer! Clap! Scream for joy! I bet fans of other teams would LOVE to be where the team we like is right now. C’mon man!

Win or lose, there are always things to work on as the year goes on.  And no game can be correlated with the previous game or a common opponent.

It's odd that the offense disappears in the 2nd half.......but it doesn't seem like anything that can't be fixed.  

Nobody should be complaining about this win.......beating a divisional rival is always a big win, regardless of the score or style points. 

3-0 in the conference, 1-0 in the division........

The jacksonville game isn't a important in playoff tie breakers, but it another game at the Linc and the eagles need to make the Linc a terrible place for opponent to play in......they were 3-5 at the linc last year.....and that's not good enough.  

Eagles 31, Jags 17

You guys that are worried about the 2nd half scoring realize the NFL coordinators do make adjustments during halftime right?  You also realize that some coordinators make adjustments to try and offset the opponents adjustments just to try to keep them guessing and sometimes, its imply doesn't work out.

The vikings game and this game were never in danger......the defense was overwhelming......so the urgency wasn't there for the offense.  I don't know if it was the playcalling or the offense lost some of it's focus, but it seems like a fixable issue.  

39 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

You guys that are worried about the 2nd half scoring realize the NFL coordinators do make adjustments during halftime right?  You also realize that some coordinators make adjustments to try and offset the opponents adjustments just to try to keep them guessing and sometimes, its imply doesn't work out.

The vikings game and this game were never in danger......the defense was overwhelming......so the urgency wasn't there for the offense.  I don't know if it was the playcalling or the offense lost some of it's focus, but it seems like a fixable issue.  

The score was never in doubt.    Last week we occupied the ball.    This week Washington basically killed the clock for us.   Clock management... I think the coaches deserve some credit... it's nice to just not give an opponent the opportunity to come back.  The last 2 games we saw that.  

2 hours ago, joemas6 said:

it's nice to just not give an opponent the opportunity to come back.  The last 2 games we saw that.  

Agreed! What I'd like to see next though is this team to really stomp someone in to the ground. 

20 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I'm curious.... where do you see losses on this schedule?    Indy, Pittsburgh,  Tennessee??   Green Bay looking elite?  Dallas without Dak?   Maybe Arizona? 

Joe, this is the NFL. Do you think anyone expected KC to lose to Indy yesterday? Yet you think we shouldn't give them another thought? Jacksonville just beat up on SD, but we should not be concerned? It is not where we "See" losses, it is a matter of they will happen. GB is solid. Playing @ NY and Dallas is always trouble. Tennessee may be trouble by the time we play them. Indy and Jacksonville just beat solid teams. We beat Minnesota, Detroit and Washington. Not sure how good these teams are yet. I will wait until Mid November before I puff out my Chest about this team....

8 hours ago, joemas6 said:

PFF and the other site ranked our OL #1 after week 1.    The OL, which is the 5 guys assigned to block the DL.  When the other team sends 6, there needs to be an additional blocker.

Just curious for those arguing that our OL wasn't doing their job because Hurts had pressure on him when Detroit was sending extra rushers... how do you think they looked vs the idiot DCs thinking they can just rush the front 4?    Hurts hasn't had any rush to get rid of the ball at all.

It's why I say I would run blitz and jam the WRs every play.  Every play, otherwise our OL will give him all day to throw and our WRs are too good if you give them space.   

The O-Line play now is lights out. Much better than week 1 and it was expected. No team played great week 1. Not sure why you are worried about week 1 when everyone else is on to week 4.....

One thing I saw from Hurts that was a first for me and very pleasing. it was on a play where he took off to his right. Instead of running he actually put his head up and threw to someone downfield! Another step in the right direction...

7 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

3-0 and still not satisfied? You aren’t going to find perfection. RELAX. Smile! Cheer! Clap! Scream for joy! I bet fans of other teams would LOVE to be where the team we like is right now. C’mon man!

LMAO I'm happy with the W's. Just rather uncanny we can only score in the 2nd 1/4? Is that normal to you? That is not going to work if we hit post season. Next 3 games will be telling for me. Maybe I can be happy yet still critique things I find a bit weird???? The fact I find this odd has nothing to do with being happy to be 3-0 bud 

14 minutes ago, stine said:

One thing I saw from Hurts that was a first for me and very pleasing. it was on a play where he took off to his right. Instead of running he actually put his head up and threw to someone downfield! Another step in the right direction...

Agreed,I was looking for things too and I am seeing them,like more deep shots which we seemed to lack. Maybe because we had only one real WR and he was a rook last year. Aj has opened things up and Hurts is doing much better now. Apparently his footwork drills with House have paid off too,he is setting and throwing with alot more accuracy. of course the O line gives him plenty of time. Hurts(or Siri) is spreading the ball around forcing defenses to cover everyone and with the O talent we have that is now a difficult task. We are playing much better since we stopped the stupid college offense

I had no issue with hurts throwing the ball downfield in the 2nd half. Washington was intent to stop our running game. We ran the ball 30 times for under 100 yards. Throwing the ball downfield was a good idea. A completion or two and it should open our running lanes. Of course you need to complete them lol..... Looks like Pederson has Jacksonville playing hard. They beat a good club yesterday. Glad we play them at home. Will be interesting to see what we plan this week.

I heard an interesting stat this AM. Slay had the most passes defensed in the NFL since 2016 and has the highest rating of CB's. Peterson was number 2.

7 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

the defense was overwhelming......so the urgency wasn't there for the offense.

Right,so you are counting on the defense so you don't have to work 30/60 minutes as an offensive player. I don't mind milking the clock when you have a lead,but please we can't even kick a FG in 30 minutes in the 2nd 1/2? Now I never said doing that was necessary to win the game,but still it's something you have to look at and go WTH is wrong here because it's a BAD BAD habit to get in to. It will come back to bite you. I would still like to see clock eating running/short pass drives that at least ;ead to a FG in the 2nd 1/2. Obviously the rest of you don't find this weird,but I do and I will continue to

4 minutes ago, stine said:

Only 3 undefeated teams in the NFL now.... Maybe 2 after tonight....

I'm still pulling for the Giants. I think the Cowpies are a better team when Dak returns.

7 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

I'm sure everyone saw that Jax put one on the Chargers

Yes and they shut out Indy. No small feat the last two games. Not a team to take lightly IMO...

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Agreed! What I'd like to see next though is this team to really stomp someone in to the ground. 

I mean,  it's not college.. 24 point lead is pretty much that in the pros

53 minutes ago, stine said:

Joe, this is the NFL. Do you think anyone expected KC to lose to Indy yesterday? Yet you think we shouldn't give them another thought? Jacksonville just beat up on SD, but we should not be concerned? It is not where we "See" losses, it is a matter of they will happen. GB is solid. Playing @ NY and Dallas is always trouble. Tennessee may be trouble by the time we play them. Indy and Jacksonville just beat solid teams. We beat Minnesota, Detroit and Washington. Not sure how good these teams are yet. I will wait until Mid November before I puff out my Chest about this team....

Right... I don't think the Eagles will win 17 games . But really don't see 5 losses with this schedule. 

Archived