Jump to content

Ongoing Eagles News Discussion


cunninghamtheman
 Share

Recommended Posts

It's a part of our fanbase...the ignorance of how good our players are at times. Last year for 4 months all we heard how Bryce Harper couldn't hit HRs with guys on base...lol.  Then he wins MVP and all of a sudden he is good.    In the city here we have a few special athletes or units.  Harper,  Embiid, the OL...  taking it for granted when it's not absolutely perfect but yet still better than anything else related to the same category is pretty ignorant.  Can't expect perfection every time.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Nothing to worry about

Joe Thomas, Kay Adams | Up & Adams (FanDuel)

It was clear the Eagles had rust to shake off against Detroit and that extended to the offensive line that supported the best rushing attack in football last season. Perhaps it was the cost of taking things so lightly with the starters through training camp and the preseason. 

Former lineman and current analyst Joe Thomas sees that argument but ultimately thinks it's nothing to worry about. The Eagles' line is still stacked.

 

  So Joe, the above was written by someone much more qualified than either of us. Apparently he thought the O-Line play was not great either. Of course they were sending 6 men each play!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Did Dickerson get hurt?

I saw Opeta next to Mailata. It looked  like Mailata handed off a rusher and expected Opeta to be there to take him but he went inside.

Yeah both Dickerson and Goedert got nicked,but both came back in

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stine said:

 

Nothing to worry about

Joe Thomas, Kay Adams | Up & Adams (FanDuel)

It was clear the Eagles had rust to shake off against Detroit and that extended to the offensive line that supported the best rushing attack in football last season. Perhaps it was the cost of taking things so lightly with the starters through training camp and the preseason. 

Former lineman and current analyst Joe Thomas sees that argument but ultimately thinks it's nothing to worry about. The Eagles' line is still stacked.

 

  So Joe, the above was written by someone much more qualified than either of us. Apparently he thought the O-Line play was not great either. Of course they were sending 6 men each play!

 

Right...because they were looking at it that we should rush for 200 yards. Obviously that isn't what we are doing this year.  Nice to break off rust putting up 38.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Lol.let what go?  Our OL...those 5 guys, absolutely the best in the league.  Why would we let that go?  That’s something to appreciate as a fan.   

  Did I ever say the O-Line was not one of the best in the NFL?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Detroit offense was much improved. Nice work by the coaching staff. Neither D was impressive week 1. Week 1 is one of the biggest crapshoots all year. Detroit finally put things together yesterday

Didn't they lose yesterday? Giving up 28?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yes,  you said it after week 1.

  No, I said that someone ranked them #1 and I said that was BS. I also said that I felt this O-Line was one of the best in the League numerous times. But your line of sight is the week one game against a bad defensive Detroit Team. Week 1, when they really are playing together for the first time. They are just getting their bearings. I did not expect them to play anywhere close to what they are capable of. I was just simply pointing out they did not play as good as they are capable of and MANY other Analyst said the same.

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Vikes could be in trouble. Gannon showed the league how to shut down JJ and Cook. Happened again yesterday. Thielen had a nice game because most teams can;t cover like we can now,but still they shut down 2/3 normally good players

Didn't they score 28 yesterday?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stine said:

  No, I said that someone ranked them #1 and I said that was BS. I also said that I felt this O-Line was one of the best in the League numerous times. But your line of sight is the week one game against a bad defensive Detroit Team. Week 1, when they really are playing together for the first time. They are just getting their bearings. I did not expect them to play anywhere close to what they are capable of. I was just simply pointing out they did not play as good as they are capable of and MANY other Analyst said the same.

  

Because I think a lot of analysts think e we should rush for 200 yards a game.  Obviously early in the season we are looking to pass the ball in the better weather.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Vikes did,Lions got 24. They had the lead and blew the last 4 minutes

So the Vikes offense was in trouble only scoring 28?  I'm not following your logic at all with Detroit vs Minnesota?  Detroit didn't put anything together yesterday and the Vikings put up 28.  They weren't figured out or stopped really by Detroit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Because I think a lot of analysts think e we should rush for 200 yards a game.  Obviously early in the season we are looking to pass the ball in the better weather.  

I don't like to place other people's opinions in writing as I do not know what they think other than what they actually say. I guess you know better? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stine said:

Detroits Defense is ranked 28th. No surprise anyone puts up points against them lol

AGREED!  Which team put up the most points on them?  Imagine if that team scored in the 2nd half....lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stine said:

I don't like to place other people's opinions in writing as I do not know what they think other than what they actually say. I guess you know better? 

Joe Thomas said it... he was talking about the run blocking.  It's what pretty much every analyst brings up when talking about our OL. The dominant rub blocking from last year. This year the game plans have been more passing so far.  You can't really dominate in run blocking if it's a pass play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:
J. Jefferson 6 3 14 0 6 4    stats line for JJ yesterday,this is not being shut down? Cook ended up with 96 but got most of that after the Detroit D was gassed. 

The object of the offense is to score.. not worry about who gets stats.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...