Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

5 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Lol.let what go?  Our OL...those 5 guys, absolutely the best in the league.  Why would we let that go?  That’s something to appreciate as a fan.   

Did I ever say the O-Line was not one of the best in the NFL?

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, stine said:

Did I ever say the O-Line was not one of the best in the NFL?

Yes,  you said it after week 1.

Detroit offense was much improved. Nice work by the coaching staff. Neither D was impressive week 1. Week 1 is one of the biggest crapshoots all year. Detroit finally put things together yesterday

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Detroit offense was much improved. Nice work by the coaching staff. Neither D was impressive week 1. Week 1 is one of the biggest crapshoots all year. Detroit finally put things together yesterday

Didn't they lose yesterday? Giving up 28?

Vikes could be in trouble. Gannon showed the league how to shut down JJ and Cook. Happened again yesterday. Thielen had a nice game because most teams can;t cover like we can now,but still they shut down 2/3 normally good players

Just now, joemas6 said:

Didn't they lose yesterday? Giving up 28?

They played consistently. Almost won. Never said they didn't have more work to do. They scored more than 1/ 4

3 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Yes,  you said it after week 1.

No, I said that someone ranked them #1 and I said that was BS. I also said that I felt this O-Line was one of the best in the League numerous times. But your line of sight is the week one game against a bad defensive Detroit Team. Week 1, when they really are playing together for the first time. They are just getting their bearings. I did not expect them to play anywhere close to what they are capable of. I was just simply pointing out they did not play as good as they are capable of and MANY other Analyst said the same.

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Vikes could be in trouble. Gannon showed the league how to shut down JJ and Cook. Happened again yesterday. Thielen had a nice game because most teams can;t cover like we can now,but still they shut down 2/3 normally good players

Didn't they score 28 yesterday?

No, I said that someone ranked them #1 and I said that was BS. I also said that I felt this O-Line was one of the best in the League numerous times. But your line of sight is the week one game against a bad defensive Detroit Team. Week 1, when they really are playing together for the first time. They are just getting their bearings. I did not expect them to play anywhere close to what they are capable of. I was just simply pointing out they did not play as good as they are capable of and MANY other Analyst said the same.

Because I think a lot of analysts think e we should rush for 200 yards a game.  Obviously early in the season we are looking to pass the ball in the better weather.  

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Vikes did,Lions got 24. They had the lead and blew the last 4 minutes

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Detroits Defense is ranked 28th. No surprise anyone puts up points against them lol

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Vikes did,Lions got 24. They had the lead and blew the last 4 minutes

So the Vikes offense was in trouble only scoring 28?  I'm not following your logic at all with Detroit vs Minnesota?  Detroit didn't put anything together yesterday and the Vikings put up 28.  They weren't figured out or stopped really by Detroit.

1 minute ago, joemas6 said:

Because I think a lot of analysts think e we should rush for 200 yards a game.  Obviously early in the season we are looking to pass the ball in the better weather.  

I don't like to place other people's opinions in writing as I do not know what they think other than what they actually say. I guess you know better? 

Detroits Defense is ranked 28th. No surprise anyone puts up points against them lol

AGREED!  Which team put up the most points on them?  Imagine if that team scored in the 2nd half....lol.

J. Jefferson 6 3 14 0 6 4    stats line for JJ yesterday,this is not being shut down? Cook ended up with 96 but got most of that after the Detroit D was gassed. 

Eagles Offense is ranked #1 in the NFL. Defense is ranked #5. When was the last time we ever saw that? Granted it is week 3 against weaker opponents, but still impressive IMO...

I don't like to place other people's opinions in writing as I do not know what they think other than what they actually say. I guess you know better? 

Joe Thomas said it... he was talking about the run blocking.  It's what pretty much every analyst brings up when talking about our OL. The dominant rub blocking from last year. This year the game plans have been more passing so far.  You can't really dominate in run blocking if it's a pass play.

Vikes had to go with Osbourne and Thielen in the passing game

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:
J. Jefferson 6 3 14 0 6 4    stats line for JJ yesterday,this is not being shut down? Cook ended up with 96 but got most of that after the Detroit D was gassed. 

The object of the offense is to score.. not worry about who gets stats.

6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

The object of the offense is to score.. not worry about who gets stats.

But it should be an issue when your "stars" are shut down 2 weeks in a row(not that Cook was shut down but it took him all game to break out finally),so obviously teams watched what Gannon did. May not have the caliber players we have but they tried to copy his game plan

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

The object of the offense is to score.

Yep and we only do that in the 2nd 1/4

So, Pederson has the Jaguars playing inspired football. They will be a hard team to put away. All of this talk about not scoring in the 2nd half should stop after this game as I do not think it will be a blowout. This should be closer than 10 points. I am looking forward to see what Siri has planned for them.

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

But it should be an issue when your "stars" are shut down 2 weeks in a row(not that Cook was shut down but it took him all game to break out finally),so obviously teams watched what Gannon did. May not have the caliber players we have but they tried to copy his game plan

You are the star of your team... I will give you 4 scenarios. 

1.  I shut you down and your team struggles offensively to score

2.  You light up the stat sheet but your team struggles to score

3.  You light it up and your team scores a lot

4. I shut you down but your team scores a lot.

Being your opponent,  I see two things.... either your offense scores or doesn't.   I'm happy with the first 2 scenarios, not happy with the last 2. 

The " stars" are there to effect the game.  If they take the attention of the opponent and leads to his team having success, then it works.   If they get their stats but don't make their team productive,  it's worthless. 

The concern would be... if they shut down the stars and it hurts the team on the scoreboard.   Because then you could say that teams figured out how to stop them in way that effects the game.  Having their opponents just choose to let someone else beat them isn't really hurting Minnesota. 

Archived