Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

42. .. the bulk of the league is 45.   It's 3 yards...and if he wasn't punting from the 50... he would be right there.   It absolutely needs to be a ball busting situation.  If you watched the games and not simply look at #s... you see the one play the guy had to make so far was the tackle vs Minnesota.   Which punt have you seen where the opponent had a great return to where you blamed the punter?  

In 2 seasons there hasn't been an important punt yet to where an extra 3 yards matter.  Dude holds for Elliot...Ham calls Elliot an " elite" kicker!   Did we feel that way prior to the current guy holding?  

Then go bust the ST coaches balls he's the one who brought it up. Apparently he is not thrilled with the 28th ranked punter either(that means on a possible championship team there are only 4 worse in the whole league) and If I can get a punter who goes 45 not 42 why would I not do it?????  In a game of inches suddenly yards don't matter? So Joe's bar is 42 and "the bulk of the league" is 45,so Joe raise your bar

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

image.png.2f9b01244b6dec9ec143553154697c6e.png

Damn.

I turned it off at the end of the 3rd

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

42. .. the bulk of the league is 45.   It's 3 yards...and if he wasn't punting from the 50... he would be right there.   It absolutely needs to be a ball busting situation.  If you watched the games and not simply look at #s... you see the one play the guy had to make so far was the tackle vs Minnesota.   Which punt have you seen where the opponent had a great return to where you blamed the punter?  

In 2 seasons there hasn't been an important punt yet to where an extra 3 yards matter.  Dude holds for Elliot...Ham calls Elliot an " elite" kicker!   Did we feel that way prior to the current guy holding?  

Well, there are two punters with a worse Net average per punt. The best is 10 yards more net average. I agree that most are within three yards, so not a big deal. But as GB was saying, he was just copying a quote from an Eagles coach. Some punters longest punt is more than 20 yards further than Our punters.... Does that matter when we are on the 5 yard line? Just asking.....

Who would have thought DeVonta would be trailing Mack Hollins in receiving yards at this point?

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I agree....those extra 3 yards are so huge.  A team goes 80 yards on 13 plays and scores a TD on you... so much harder to go 83.

Maybe those 3 yards give us a chance at a stop,it's one more down they need to execute,so we can keep this pissing contest going all season if you'd like. but fact remains we should get the best players we can at every position and once again the COACH brought it up,so go have a pissing contest in his office. SO Joe stop with your BPA because if we can get a better punter why would we not do it? Apparently the "BPA" stops in the punter room for you

41 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Damn.

I turned it off at the end of the 3rd

You could try claiming you watched from Camp Lejeune LOL

37 minutes ago, stine said:

Well, there are two punters with a worse Net average per punt. The best is 10 yards more net average. I agree that most are within three yards, so not a big deal. But as GB was saying, he was just copying a quote from an Eagles coach. Some punters longest punt is more than 20 yards further than Our punters.... Does that matter when we are on the 5 yard line? Just asking.....

IDK if you punt say 3 times a game apparently a net + 30 yards is immaterial. I would sacrifice that for every punt dropping on the 2 yard line LOL

39 minutes ago, stine said:

Shoot the messenger,however I was pointing out that I mentioned it before the coach brought it up,so I guess both of us are wrong and Joe is right

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Then go bust the ST coaches balls he's the one who brought it up. Apparently he is not thrilled with the 28th ranked punter either(that means on a possible championship team there are only 4 worse in the whole league) and If I can get a punter who goes 45 not 42 why would I not do it?????  In a game of inches suddenly yards don't matter? So Joe's bar is 42 and "the bulk of the league" is 45,so Joe raise your bar

My bar is simple. Don't make any big mistakes.  So far he has not...if anything he erased the big mistake some by saving the TD on his tackle.  I believe he made another tackle on the. Kickoff this past Sunday? 

I'm looking at his 16 punts, don't see anything that would resemble a shank?  Or one where there was any decent return?    That's enough for me, if the offense screws up, don't make it worse.  That's my bar.  The punter isn't going to win you a SB, especially in the modern game, his job is to avoid disaster and losing it for you.

Your bar for the offense was 32 points.. only did it week one, yet apparently you are good with signing the QB to big $$$? Why are you not talking about that...lol. 

1 hour ago, stine said:

Because that is the coach's job....never be satisfied.  What else you expect him to say.   

Bobby Knight describes a game where he cosched team USA in 1984.  Michael Jordan was dominant in the 1st half and they were way ahead... " so when they came in the locker room, I started getting on him... come on Michael, you gotta do a better job of setting screens"    

That's pretty much a coach,  should never say anything is good enough. 

Meanwhile on the PS is the World Champ in the 100m hurdles, just sayin.

Let me be more accurate. Start by choking and punching a member of the media. Hit the opposing coach upside the back of the head. Assault police officers.

Then talk about girls getting raped that if it’s inevitable then they might as well kick back and enjoy it. Can’t make these actions and quotes up with that nutball.

This part is pretty funny I didn’t know happened: 

• In January 1993, Knight mentioned the recruiting of Ivan Renko, a fictitious Yugoslavian player he had created. Knight created Renko in an attempt to expose disreputable basketball recruiting experts. Even though Renko was completely fictitious, several recruiting services started listing him as a prospect with in-depth descriptions of his potential and game style. Some of the more reputable recruiting gurus claimed to have never heard of Renko, whereas some other "experts" even claimed to possess or to see film of him actually playing basketball.[76]

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Your bar for the offense was 32 points.. only did it week one, yet apparently you are good with signing the QB to big $$$? Why are you not talking about that...lol

Because as you said earlier there is nothing to do with that until the season ends,so talking about it is pointless until then. Yeah if we can only muster the same 25.6 ppg as last year has anything really progressed? Other than we played teams that were healthier than last year. Of course we can win games(and have) with superior defense,but that was not the question,the question was if this offense was ready to roar. Other than the 2nd 1/4 I have not seen it,but so far it;s been enough. And I also said "if he (Hurts) keeps playing well" So far I have seen alot of improvement over last year,so I suspect he keeps working on his craft even if/when we re-sign him

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Wondering why he is not doing returns,unless he forgot how to catch in his time off. Also tough if he is going to commit to track and football is a side hobby. I would rather have guys who are 100% all in. I understand it's different seasons,not sure it they overlap. I also understand why he wants to stay on top in track. It's very hard to hold on to. We know he is fast,but so was Reagor so perhaps we are giving hi some cath up time since he's been off/away so long

Elliott, Maddox, P Johnson and Mailatawon’t suit up this week.

Boston Scott is unknown

Dillard is the other big question. He has to be activated off IR officially tomorrow to suit up for Sunday.

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Maybe those 3 yards give us a chance at a stop,it's one more down they need to execute,so we can keep this pissing contest going all season if you'd like. but fact remains we should get the best players we can at every position and once again the COACH brought it up,so go have a pissing contest in his office. SO Joe stop with your BPA because if we can get a better punter why would we not do it? Apparently the "BPA" stops in the punter room for you

I think you are and continue to miss the point. No one would argue that finding a better punter would be great. BUT, let’s say he punts the ball THREE freaking yards farther, BUT mishandles a snap on a GAME WINNING FG attempt that really DOES cost the team a win. NOW is THAT a better punter for you? OR he punts THREE yards farther, BUT misses theTD saving tackle that costs your team a win? Is THAT a better punter for you? You seriously think PUNTING the ball THREE yards farther makes any difference to ANY team? No chance this is worth freaking out about. It’s actually painful to keep reading about this issue. Comical, but painful. This team is NOT losing games BECAUSE of their punter. If you cant see it, go to management and insist that is their biggest problem. They would laugh you out of the building.  I guarantee it.

9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Elliott, Maddox, P Johnson and Mailatawon’t suit up this week.

Boston Scott is unknown

Mailata out hurts. Elliott out hurts. P Johnson? What happened to him?  Punter is ok, right? Wait, according to the group here everyone hopes he is out too, right? Dudes off the street can do better.  On a serious note, Slay is my biggest concern. Is he going to start and get injured every game? Would he be better off to take a week? Long season.

Apologize for being cranky. I just dont get the obsession with the punter and I went off a bit. No hard feelings I hope! Fist bump GBNC.

6 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Then throw a chair and have an adult temper tantrum.

I used to lmao watching clips of Knight when his Anger Bomb goes off

image.gif.f4f7918d70006f1461abd9b50d3fa51a.gif

🤣🤣🤣

5 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Right! Speaks volumes to the quality of the roster. 

Archived