Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Just now, Asg 15 said:

Read somewhere that Amazon paid 1 Billion for the broadcast rights.

Next week is Washington / Chicago

Another marquee matchup.

I hate the Thursday games myself.... messes up the fantasy stuff... would be ok with a Saturday game... but I get they don't want to interfere with college. 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

And 4 thousand less than Mile High (Hence the name)

Sorry, i don't see the point.

And it's hot and humid in Miami at sea level and it's windy in Chicago and there is a dome In Glendale and it can get cold in Lambeau and..........

12 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Isn't Dicker the new kicker?

DIcker is not being called up,he was put on the 53 when we signed him

11 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

At 4-0 we are talking about the PUNTER again? The Eagles’ punter didnt kick his punt into the butt of his own guy…. No disrespect GBNC, but this issue is a non-starter. With injuries to the Oline and CB positions, punter is not even being talked about.

SO isn't the object of every team to improve every position?. We handed him the job without even bringing in a scrub to compete? Punters are never important until they blow a big punt and put your team back in a hole,so yeah I will disagree with you. I want the best guys in every spot and I don;t care what spot that is because that is the, goal to field the best 53 you can find. But you're right,it's a non starter until he blows a big kick in a post season game and shoots our team in the foot. That's when you wake up,but it's too late by then. NFL is a game of inches, but a few yards lost from the punter is a non starter?. Yep we disagree for sure. I want the best 53 on the field on game day EVERYWHERE. Just like the LS,unheralded, until he muffs a big important snap,then he is infamous. SO just ignore the quote from the ST coach that said we need to get better?? I mean nothing is wrong when the coach comes out and say he has concerns about the punting? yeah just ignore that,non-starter. May as well fire the ST staff since all those guys are non starters

1 hour ago, Asg 15 said:

I don't understand how a team can let their O line get so bad (Indy)

Makes you realize how blessed the Birds are to have Stoutland.

Making me so mad. I pulled Taylor as a fantasy starter,he was my #1 pick and he;s killing me

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

Lol...it's great comedy.  Dudes average is 3 yards lower because he punts from the 50 most times lol

IDK why it's comedic when the ST coach makes the quote I posted. If it wasn't a big deal why would he say anything at all??  Obviously he is unhappy with things, but shoot the messenger as always

11 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

but this issue is a non-starter. With injuries to the Oline and CB positions, punter is not even being talked about.

So those injuries don't cause you to have to punt more? Just give up 5 yards on every exchange? And no I never said it was the most pressing issue,but the coach even said it needs to improve. In  a game of inches yards matter. I'm not obsessed with it, just wondering why he was the lone player all off season that had no competition at all. Maybe he is the best we can find, but the fact remains we never looked

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

I hate the Thursday games myself.... messes up the fantasy stuff... would be ok with a Saturday game... but I get they don't want to interfere with college. 

Thursday games only until Thanksgiving. I used to enjoy them FREE when I worked as well as the Monday games. It gave me a little something to look forward to through the week Now that that has been hijacked away from the working man for NFL/Amazon greed, I am not buying anything from Amazon. If this stands,soon there will be no free games and you well have to pay for every one. No free Sunday game,you will all have to spend the 350.00 to watch football(and pay Amazon if you want the Thursday games. So where does this end? With all sports becoming pay per view? Every fan should be writing the NFL telling them not to do this BS again

So are we having to pay Amazon to watch the games on Thanksgiving???? There will be alot of pissed off people if that is the case

54 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

DIcker is not being called up,he was put on the 53 when we signed him

Right....Dicker is the new kicker.

48 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

SO isn't the object of every team to improve every position?. We handed him the job without even bringing in a scrub to compete? Punters are never important until they blow a big punt and put your team back in a hole,so yeah I will disagree with you. I want the best guys in every spot and I don;t care what spot that is because that is the, goal to field the best 53 you can find. But you're right,it's a non starter until he blows a big kick in a post season game and shoots our team in the foot. That's when you wake up,but it's too late by then. NFL is a game of inches, but a few yards lost from the punter is a non starter?. Yep we disagree for sure. I want the best 53 on the field on game day EVERYWHERE. Just like the LS,unheralded, until he muffs a big important snap,then he is infamous. SO just ignore the quote from the ST coach that said we need to get better?? I mean nothing is wrong when the coach comes out and say he has concerns about the punting? yeah just ignore that,non-starter. May as well fire the ST staff since all those guys are non starters

I agree... until he messes up a big punt... he is fine.   Maybe some punts where he can fully get the power behind the ball will go 3 yards further so his average will be satisfactory.   Can't have 42 yards and win a SB, we need 45.

30 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Thursday games only until Thanksgiving. I used to enjoy them FREE when I worked as well as the Monday games. It gave me a little something to look forward to through the week Now that that has been hijacked away from the working man for NFL/Amazon greed, I am not buying anything from Amazon. If this stands,soon there will be no free games and you well have to pay for every one. No free Sunday game,you will all have to spend the 350.00 to watch football(and pay Amazon if you want the Thursday games. So where does this end? With all sports becoming pay per view? Every fan should be writing the NFL telling them not to do this BS again

So are we having to pay Amazon to watch the games on Thanksgiving???? There will be alot of pissed off people if that is the case

I have Amazon.... still forgot there was a game last night.   The TV source isn't so much the problem IMO... Thursday in general thus time of year when kids have sports and everything else is going on, then you put two crap teams.  It's not much to get excited about.     You made the best point about Thanksgiving being different.   Every Thursday is a little much. Especially early in the season. 

37 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Word is he’s expected to get called up from the PS.

1 minute ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Word is he’s expected to get called up from the PS.

Right ...Dicker is the new kicker.   Signed this week and expected to play Sunday. 

48 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I was wrong he was signed to the PS and elevated and I thought we just put him right on the 53,but in either case Elliott is out

45 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I agree... until he messes up a big punt... he is fine.   Maybe some punts where he can fully get the power behind the ball will go 3 yards further so his average will be satisfactory.   Can't have 42 yards and win a SB, we need 45.

Every yard counts my friend. 3 yrds per game is 51 yards more that opponents need to go to score(no I am not obsessed merely pointing out if you can improve a position you should) if you punt 3 times per game that is over 150 yards/year you make other teams work. I merely quoted the statement from the ST coach,so if there was nothing wrong he shouldn't have mentioned it

Elliott is an elite K. Now we will have to step down to another guy. We’ll see if it makes any difference.

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Every yard counts my friend. 3 yrds per game is 51 yards more that opponents need to go to score(no I am not obsessed merely pointing out if you can improve a position you should) if you punt 3 times per game that is over 150 yards/year you make other teams work. I merely quoted the statement from the ST coach,so if there was nothing wrong he shouldn't have mentioned it

I agree....those extra 3 yards are so huge.  A team goes 80 yards on 13 plays and scores a TD on you... so much harder to go 83.

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Elliott is an elite K. Now we will have to step down to another guy. We’ll see if it makes any difference.

Won't matter for 1-2 games.

9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

First we need an opponent that will make the game close enough to where ... say a blocked FG or the coach deciding not to kick ...might actually make a difference.  Then we shall see how the new Dicker responds. 

6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I agree....those extra 3 yards are so huge.  A team goes 80 yards on 13 plays and scores a TD on you... so much harder to go 83.

Joe, stop busting GB's balls lol Our kicker is averaging what? 40 yards at most? So what if we had one of those punters that were drafted that average 50+ ? Would that Matter? If we are down on the 5 yard line and our punter can boom one 65 yards, would that matter? Vs our guy who can punt it 35-42? Not including the return.... Guess they would only need 15 yards to kick a FG vs 40?

Sure I am going to the other extreme, but GB is just posting what someone from the Team mentioned. To crucify him for this? Is it that big a deal?

Whole ST struggling going into this game. We haven’t had anything in the form of a return in what seems like years. Off the street K. Our P is irreplaceable….yet unreliable and doesn’t even have the big kicks to counter his shanks.

1 hour ago, stine said:

Joe, stop busting GB's balls lol Our kicker is averaging what? 40 yards at most? So what if we had one of those punters that were drafted that average 50+ ? Would that Matter? If we are down on the 5 yard line and our punter can boom one 65 yards, would that matter? Vs our guy who can punt it 35-42? Not including the return.... Guess they would only need 15 yards to kick a FG vs 40?

Sure I am going to the other extreme, but GB is just posting what someone from the Team mentioned. To crucify him for this? Is it that big a deal?

42. .. the bulk of the league is 45.   It's 3 yards...and if he wasn't punting from the 50... he would be right there.   It absolutely needs to be a ball busting situation.  If you watched the games and not simply look at #s... you see the one play the guy had to make so far was the tackle vs Minnesota.   Which punt have you seen where the opponent had a great return to where you blamed the punter?  

In 2 seasons there hasn't been an important punt yet to where an extra 3 yards matter.  Dude holds for Elliot...Ham calls Elliot an " elite" kicker!   Did we feel that way prior to the current guy holding?  

41 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Whole ST struggling going into this game. We haven’t had anything in the form of a return in what seems like years. Off the street K. Our P is irreplaceable….yet unreliable and doesn’t even have the big kicks to counter his shanks.

I disagree... I think ST is playing great.  Good coverage so far ... for the superior team ( which we have been by far) the coverage and eliminating big plays is what is needed.  The  blocked FG is the one flaw... but the tackle kept points off the board there.

3 hours ago, joemas6 said:

I seem to remember him being pretty good at Texas

Of course that means nothing until the pressure is on.

5 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

This was whe worst game i ever watched.

It  was like a train wreck. You know you shouldn't watch but you couldn't look away.

image.png.2f9b01244b6dec9ec143553154697c6e.png

Archived