Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

So Mailata is day to day. Said he feared the worst since he had to pop his shoulder back in.

I would hold him out I think.

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

That’s a thousand more than the Linc.

And 4 thousand less than Mile High (Hence the name)

Sorry, i don't see the point.

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

So Mailata is day to day. Said he feared the worst since he had to pop his shoulder back in.

I would hold him out I think.

Agreed.... if we are 5-1 with a win over Dallas... that's the important thing.  If it means being cautious for a week with Mailata, then it's the smart move.  Really the Dallas game is the key.  Arizona doesn't even count as a tiebreaker when it comes to the  NFC East.

1. 3rd)Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  2. 4th) Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

Guess the cowboys don’t play the Cards. So not until the fourth tie breaking rule in involving conference do the Cards factor in our divisional tiebreaker.

5 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Guess the cowboys don’t play the Cards. So not until the fourth tie breaking rule in involving conference do the Cards factor in our divisional tiebreaker.

So think about it.... there are 3 games each team plays that are NOT common opponents.   Dallas already beat Cincinnati.  If we end up tied with Dallas... at worst for us, it means we are also tied for the NFC un common opponents.  We can only lose to Pittsburgh,  so we could only gain a win ( AZ or Saints) vs them vs Tampa or Rams.  

If we gain an NFC advantage and also beat Pittsburgh to cancel out the AFC opponent.   That means Dallas would have had to beat us in the common opponents if both teams had identical records. 

Basically once one of our division rivals beat their AFC opponent... they lose the tiebreakers if both teams have identical records...that AFC opponent is the worthless win.

Elliott, Mailata, Maddox and Patrick Johnson sound all but Out. Dickerson will get called up fro the PS to K. Josiah Scott will man the Slot. If Dillard can go is the question. If not Driscoll gets the call. Think Seumalo will give it a go. Opeta waiting in the wings if he faulters.

Just now, cunninghamtheman said:

Elliott, Mailata, Maddox and Patrick Johnson sound all but Out. Dickerson will get called up from the PS to K. Josiah Scott will man the Slot. If Dillard can go is the question. If not Driscoll gets the call. Think Seumalo will give it a go. Opeta waiting in the wings if he faulters.

38 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Elliott, Mailata, Maddox and Patrick Johnson sound all but Out. Dickerson will get called up fro the PS to K. Josiah Scott will man the Slot. If Dillard can go is the question. If not Driscoll gets the call. Think Seumalo will give it a go. Opeta waiting in the wings if he faulters.

Isn't Dicker the new kicker?

On 10/3/2022 at 6:29 AM, mjkline1958 said:

Starting out as 6 pt favs vs the Cards. Sirianni better have the sound guys blasting crowd noise at practice, that's one loud stadium.

You think so? Ive attended many games there and I always thought it was pretty tame on noise….naptime for the old geezers at 2:00 pm.

On 10/4/2022 at 4:39 PM, GreenbleedinNC said:

Siposs ranks 28th in the league in net yards per punt and 24th in raw yards per punt, according to TruMedia. He ranks 28th in Puntalytics’ pEPA, which measures the value of individual plays in terms of expected performance.

"We’ve got to get better ... because it’s going to help our whole team out, especially with how the defense is humming right now to give [opponents] a long field,” special teams coordinator Michael Clay said Tuesday of Siposs. "We’ve just got to tighten up in that plus-50 area [on punts beyond the 50-yard line].”              And once again, I was on an island when I threw this flag up. We didn't even bother to bring in any competition, but as always,I know nothing LOL

At 4-0 we are talking about the PUNTER again? The Eagles’ punter didnt kick his punt into the butt of his own guy…. No disrespect GBNC, but this issue is a non-starter. With injuries to the Oline and CB positions, punter is not even being talked about.

12 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Willing to give him until end of the season to do what? He’s already in the MVP race. Expectations are ridiculous if he hasn’t done enough already.

Hold on my friend Cunningham. After FOUR absolutely solid games, it SEEMS like you want to put him in the HOF. He cannot win the MVP after FOUR solid games. So give others here a break. Let him continue to show up and play well. Brady, Manning, Favre, Young, Montana, etc did not win the MVP after four great games.

12 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

State Farm Stadium is over 1,000 feet above sea level. 

Huh? Phoenix dude. Not high at all.

🤣🤣🤣

image.jpeg.eb2cc137e5eea3474257ca3ad06e00ef.jpeg

Anyone that doesn't have Amazon Prime (including myself), looks like we didn't miss much. I hope the ratings suck (ed) and the effin operation tanks! Greedy **** ruled by the root of all evil. 

Rant over. 

5 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

🤣🤣🤣

Anyone that doesn't have Amazon Prime (including myself), looks like we didn't miss much. I hope the ratings suck (ed) and the effin operation tanks! Greedy **** ruled by the root of all evil. 

Rant over. 

Game was sooooo bad. I am so glad Im not a Donkeys or Colts fan. Brutal!

3 minutes ago, Senhorcook said:

Game was sooooo bad. I am so glad Im not a Donkeys or Colts fan. Brutal!

:lol:You made my night after a chitty day. Thank You!

6 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

🤣🤣🤣

Rant over. 

This was whe worst game i ever watched.

It  was like a train wreck. You know you shouldn't watch but you couldn't look away.

9 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

At 4-0 we are talking about the PUNTER again? The Eagles’ punter didnt kick his punt into the butt of his own guy…. No disrespect GBNC, but this issue is a non-starter. With injuries to the Oline and CB positions, punter is not even being talked about.

Lol...it's great comedy.  Dudes average is 3 yards lower because he punts from the 50 most times lol

9 hours ago, Senhorcook said:

Hold on my friend Cunningham. After FOUR absolutely solid games, it SEEMS like you want to put him in the HOF. He cannot win the MVP after FOUR solid games. So give others here a break. Let him continue to show up and play well. Brady, Manning, Favre, Young, Montana, etc did not win the MVP after four great games.

Dude... 8 combined TDs in 4 games... that's a record I think???   How can you not be sold, especially vs the NFL's elite competition in Detroit, Minnesota, Washington and Jax.  Stop being a hater...lol

38 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

This was whe worst game i ever watched.

It  was like a train wreck. You know you shouldn't watch but you couldn't look away.

I forgot there was a game.  Such an elite matchup.... indy much better with their new QB...lol

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

I forgot there was a game.  Such an elite matchup.... indy much better with their new QB...lol

I don't understand how a team can let their O line get so bad (Indy)

Makes you realize how blessed the Birds are to have Stoutland.

Read somewhere that Amazon paid 1 Billion for the broadcast rights.

Next week is Washington / Chicago

Another marquee matchup.

Archived