Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

TMZHam

Ehhh....just today's world.   That fake post with Swift saying he is wearing zero because it's the # of NFC Championship game appearances Dallas has had in his lifetime..... that was getting passed around for days by actual  " journalists"    too easy to fall for the BS today.   

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2023/5/31/23739278/eagles-all-22-film-review-quez-watkins-olamide-zaccheaus-battling-wide-receiver-wr3-competition-nfl    Seems to me this could be a shared role(which I'm fine with). Play the hot hand TBD each game. Whomever wins the matchup is all that is needed. Still think we need better depth WR's added. I know we have alot of quantity,but a nice quality outside guy would be nice

6 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Didn't happen.  Was just a way of Spuds saying Carter looked powerful. 

😂 That explains it. Spuds, our drama queen. 

Eagles rookie Jalen Carter broke a blocking sled at rookie minicamp.

https://insidetheiggles.com/posts/eagles-rookie-jalen-carter-breaks-blocking-sled#:~:text=Yes%2C per Dave Spadaro via,sled during Philly's rookie minicamp.

Don't adjust the monitors on your laptop or desktop screens. There's no need to restart your phones. This isn't a drill. Yes, per Dave Spadaro via the Philly Talk Podcast, Jalen Carter broke a blocking sled during Philly's rookie minicamp. Why have we not been blessed with this information before? Check out the full clip below.

All jokes aside, let's all calm down for a second. This probably isn't the first time this has happened, nor does it mean Jalen Carter is on a collision course with the Pro Football Hall of Fame. You have to admit this is interesting though.

24 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

Eagles rookie Jalen Carter broke a blocking sled at rookie minicamp.

https://insidetheiggles.com/posts/eagles-rookie-jalen-carter-breaks-blocking-sled#:~:text=Yes%2C per Dave Spadaro via,sled during Philly's rookie minicamp.

Don't adjust the monitors on your laptop or desktop screens. There's no need to restart your phones. This isn't a drill. Yes, per Dave Spadaro via the Philly Talk Podcast, Jalen Carter broke a blocking sled during Philly's rookie minicamp. Why have we not been blessed with this information before? Check out the full clip below.

All jokes aside, let's all calm down for a second. This probably isn't the first time this has happened, nor does it mean Jalen Carter is on a collision course with the Pro Football Hall of Fame. You have to admit this is interesting though.

And follow up with the story and Spuds gives the real answer.  

Eagles will hold a joint practice with the Colts ahead of the Week 3 preseason game. 

17 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

image.thumb.png.9e64dc3b369d6246f6060c3c0baced13.png

Guy is so hard to get a hold of.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-jalen-hurts-lands-chris-simms-qb-list Simms is a **** nozzle,ranks right up there with Collinsworthless(the starred word is doush,but I have to spell it wrong lol) Simms on the all time QB list #859 give or take. Should always be ranked behind Tebow  🤣😬

7 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Calcatarra bulked up….some good news

Depends if it makes him slower or not. It's good if he will be a blocker but I'd really like to see another TE pass threat. A guy on "the tube" says we will go 12-5

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Depends if it makes him slower or not. It's good if he will be a blocker but I'd really like to see another TE pass threat. A guy on "the tube" says we will go 12-5

Believing Calacatarra is our best shot at a real all around TE developing in that third spot

Calc shows fairly well in the route running. Just really needed to get serious about blocking. So feeling he was forced to gain bulk to show his effective blocking. Effort really wasn’t going to cut it.

Third TE really needs to be all around. Goedert or Stoll go down he needs to fill either role.

Believe Calc is the clearcut best option for third TE. A pass catcher alone or blocker alone really leaves a void.

Make the decision for third and final TE on best all around game.

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Make the decision for third and final TE on best all around game.

Isn’t this just obvious lol 😂 truly we should want that in our backup TE behind Geodart. 

Be happy if two of our young TEs step up and kick Arnold off the team 

5 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Believe Calc is the clearcut best option for third TE. A pass catcher alone or blocker alone really leaves a void.

Best option as a pass catcher sure have to see how he develops as a blocker we all seen Ertz took him awhile to be even adequate blocking. 

Honestly think Stoll could have an easier time developing into a adequate pass catching threat 

Either way would like to see both guys add to the weaknesses of there game 

8 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Best option as a pass catcher sure have to see how he develops as a blocker we all seen Ertz took him awhile to be even adequate blocking. 

Honestly think Stoll could have an easier time developing into a adequate pass catching threat 

Either way would like to see both guys add to the weaknesses of there game 

Stoll is average, but what I like about him is,he takes every play seriously. When he misses a catch you see his reaction. He cares. He tries very hard to improve. Not that the other guys don't but I saw this right away when he first came in,but these are the guys I love to keep around because they keep striving. Stoll will never be elite,he doesn't have the talent,but I love his grind, day to day ethic where he kicks his own butt if he does something wrong. Knowing what you did wrong makes you better. Calc could overtake him as TE2,but that's fine. 3 good guys with 1 elite at TE works for me. Still leary/wary about the BU WR room. Think that can still be improved upon. If Smith or AJ went down we really have noone to pick up the slack IN MY VIEW. Would be nice to pick up a cheap vet

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Stoll is average, but what I like about him is,he takes every play seriously. When he misses a catch you see his reaction. He cares. He tries very hard to improve. Not that the other guys don't but I saw this right away when he first came in,but these are the guys I love to keep around because they keep striving. Stoll will never be elite,he doesn't have the talent,but I love his grind, day to day ethic where he kicks his own butt if he does something wrong. Knowing what you did wrong makes you better. Calc could overtake him as TE2,but that's fine. 3 good guys with 1 elite at TE works for me. Still leary/wary about the BU WR room. Think that can still be improved upon. If Smith or AJ went down we really have noone to pick up the slack IN MY VIEW. Would be nice to pick up a cheap vet

Don’t need elite backup TE would it be nice sure but don’t need it(for the record I don’t think any of our backup TEs are going to be elite). Need a guy that can block and still be a threat as a pass catcher.  

It is interesting to hear Stoll won’t be elite yet seem to be high on Calc when both guys measurings are almost identical 

They are around the same height, Stoll slightly heavier. Combine testing they tested about the same in every category. Only real difference is Calc seems to have a better feel as a pass catcher but is a terrible blocker while Stoll is a good blocker needs some work as a pass catcher.

As I said before do hope both guys develop but I still honestly have more faith in Stoll adding more to his pass catching then Calc becoming an adequate blocker. 

Archived