Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

17 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Morey stated an NFL team had interest in him lmao stated he not sure what he could bring to the table though doesn’t know football like that in basic terms 

We need someone that knows football like Morey knows basketball.  

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doug and Carson talking about simplifying the O makes sense... Again I go back to

A. Run the ball takes pressure of Wentz and the OL plus we have been a really good ground team with Sanders

B. Utilize play action if we run the ball play action play will work...

C. I’m looking to move Wentz around on pass plays roll him left roll him right constantly move the pocket. Have Wentz look for his 1st 2nd reads if they are not there throw it away or tuck it and run. 

We have a trio of RBs in Sanders/Howard/ Scott that should just dominate Seattle if we actually run them. Win the time Of possession help protect our QB 

We're not DOMINATING anyone at RB. Not this team lol

Because we don’t run as state in previous post but we could if we actually just ran it.... I mean look at Cleveland run game was having good success so what do we do go away from it hell even went away from the runs that were actually gaining yards just doesn’t make sense 

6 hours ago, jsb235 said:

A good look at Mailata's snaps.

Jordan Mailata vs Browns 2020 - YouTube

He gave up one sack and one pressure, but in both cases I think Wentz had room to step up.

It seems like the sacks and pressures that Mailata has given up this year fall into one of two categories. 1. As we saw in this case the DE gets super deep and Wentz either fails to step up or can't because of interior pressure. It really isn't fair to expect a LT to block a guy 15 yards up the field. 2. He sets flat and gets beat by an initial move, which is what we saw in the Cowboys game.

Keep in mind that the Browns took Wills 10th overall and he was the reigning rookie of the week, and he was absolutely abused by Sweat on Sunday. So if you asked me which guy I would rather have, it's Mailata and it's not even close. 

I'm with you. And I keep saying it. Put Mailata at LOT and leave him there!!! Wentz needs a consistent line, even if it's a BAD line. Doing that Ped can see where the worst weakness is and call plays to help offset it(if we have any of those lol). The constant player movement helps nobody. I think we can work on your #2 point and I see alot of ceiling in Mailata. We've already witnessed his FLOOR. I really don't care where JP wants to play,rotate him at ROG and be done with it. Dillard can either beat out Mailata outright later,or he can learn to play LOG. I think those 2 together on the left side would give us what we want. Suppose it depends on how Dillard is as a OG. It's a bit different learning set,l but he could be young and moldable? It's worth a try in my book.If it doesn't work,at least we know it doesn't work and we can move onto something else

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

BTW-Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!!!!

Right back at’cha buddy!  Happy Thanksgiving!  🦃 

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We're not DOMINATING anyone at RB. Not this team lol

The thing is, we could be a dominant run offense.  Sanders, Howard, and Scott have the potential to lead a top 10 rushing offense.  But Doug just can’t help himself and abandons the run ... even when it is working!  So maddening!!  I can’t stand his decision making.  

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

BTW-Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!!!!

Same to you!

...and everyone else as well!!

38 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Same to you!

...and everyone else as well!!

Happy Thanksgiving my brotha! 

8 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I did just read that but before the game I read a tweet that said he was out with the hand... Either way definitely odd situation. 

Herbig should definitely be the starter at RG if healthy 

Pedey said Pryor and Opeta had overtaken him on the depth chart

21 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Pedey said Pryor and Opeta had overtaken him on the depth chart

I find that odd but like I said I read the article your telling me a guy who has been a plus starter for us all year got over taken in practice I just don’t see it... on top of that both guys struggled greatly when they started. 

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

The thing is, we could be a dominant run offense.  Sanders, Howard, and Scott have the potential to lead a top 10 rushing offense.  But Doug just can’t help himself and abandons the run ... even when it is working!  So maddening!!  I can’t stand his decision making.  

Well,then IMO Ped needs to go if we want to base this team on the running game like we usually do. This team is normally based on a few things. 1)A dominant O line with sufficient RB's(they don't NEED to be studs). 2) 2 good TE's and/or a good hands type slot receiver like we had with Avant(this is why I opted for JJ vs a speed guy which we needed also but I thought the solid slot was a MUST HAVE). Everything else is based off that,so if Ped is not going to run, Lurie hired the wrong coach(there I said it). Peds' best seasons were when we had fragments from previous teams and as those went away,so did our competivness

My "solid slot" theory is why Jjaw is more than disappointing to me

I thought we had a fairly good shot at beating the Browns. IDK, from there it's like we waxed up our sled runners to sled uphill lol. Nice effect,no result

My first round pick. This kid is not even listed on some sites because he took 2020 off(and not because of covid), he is intentionally prepping for the 2021 draft. He is putting in an entire year in on his body and conditioning. He has 2 other things going for him 1) he is a HOMER and 2) he is NOT a LB (LOL). I want this guy on my D line. I hope he stays under the radar 

24 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Ped needs to go if we want to base this team on the running game like we usually do

Honestly think Doug just needs the balancing guy ie Reich. We had many games we ran 25-30+ when that duo was together. I also look at AR when he had a guy to tell him to run the damn ball.

Think you have to have guys that have different views we have a pass heavy coach fine get an OC that likes to run the ball(why Duce could be a solid option balance doug out) 

12 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

My first round pick. This kid is not even listed on some sites because he took 2020 off(and not because of covid), he is intentionally prepping for the 2021 draft. He is putting in an entire year in on his body and conditioning. He has 2 other things going for him 1) he is a HOMER and 2) he is NOT a LB (LOL). I want this guy on my D line. I hope he stays under the radar 

I have not looked deep into the draft want to get an idea where we will draft first could but top 10 or 19th+ depending on the nfc least.... But can’t fault a great DL.

When I think of this coming draft I just want the best available D player a guy we can build around we really don’t have anyone right now our best young D player is Sweat or Singletary 

We can't draft anyway, so a few spots really makes no difference. We need what we need and Howie isn't afraid to move. We have 4 round 6 picks. At that point you are drafting clones of what we already have. I would use those 6's to move up in 1,2,3 and get the 3 impact players we need. Barmore is a 3 tech DL that could go first. he should go in 1 as well,where we don't know yet. But actually Twyman is quicker. If he is bulking up a little during his year off,all the better. I will be paying attention to them both at the combine.They are both 3 techs

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We can't draft anyway, so a few spots really makes no difference. We need what we need and Howie isn't afraid to move. We have 4 round 6 picks. At that point you are drafting clones of what we already have. I would use those 6's to move up in 1,2,3 and get the 3 impact players we need

I mean really hard to F up a top 10 pick lol we nailed Lane and until this season seemed like we nailed Wentz. So I mean really huge difference if we are picking top 10 or 19th at best 

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I mean really hard to F up a top 10 pick lol we nailed Lane and until this season seemed like we nailed Wentz. So I mean really huge difference if we are picking top 10 or 19th at best 

And we moved for Wentz no? It's not like he fell into our laps

Honestly just to be fair Reagor didn’t have the rookie year of Jefferson(doesn’t shock me) but I really liked Reagor still do... to me he is still a guy that has the higher ceiling also the lower floor. 
Thought Jefferson was the more nfl ready though and I was never the guy against drafting him because he was a so called slot guy. 
last tidbit not sure Jefferson has the success here as he is having in Minnesota especially how we are playing right now 

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

And we moved for Wentz no? It's not like he fell into our laps

We was at 8 lol but the point was top 10 picks seem way easier the late teens/20s picks 

Also trading into the top from 19 isn’t easy being in the top 10 moving up some different story....

Our record really messes with draft projects I mean if we win the division we draft 19th that’s the lowest pick we get. If we don’t win the division we could really be top 10 if we stayed at 3 wins could be top 5ish 

Archived