Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Then why doesn't Lurie do the drafting?

I said he is involved and that comes from someone who knows him in Banner didn’t say he was Jerry Jones and wants to control everything. 

Lurie is stated to know exactly why we went with guys in the draft the logic behind drafting which is in part why he is ok with the job Howie has done.

Not saying I agree with this but again I don’t own the Eagles Lurie can do as he pleases 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then Lurie knows "exactly" who's actually responsible for this mess!

See Daboll's too smart for the job, respect him.

20 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I said he is involved and that comes from someone who knows him in Banner didn’t say he was Jerry Jones and wants to control everything. 

Lurie is stated to know exactly why we went with guys in the draft the logic behind drafting which is in part why he is ok with the job Howie has done.

Not saying I agree with this but again I don’t own the Eagles Lurie can do as he pleases 

Of course as the owner you are involved lol. That goes without saying. HOW involved and to what degree?

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

We don’t know all details of the Doug firing and lots of reports also state that part of the reason for firing could be the plan at QB him wanting to go hurts over Wentz.

So while I don’t believe we are going to hand off player personnel to a coach giving a coach control over his staff and stuff is something completely different. 

Also it literally shows nothing of Doug gets hired first over our HC hire we haven’t rushed a HC hire ever Eagles take there time for better or worse just how it is. 

No we don't, but we do now know there was friction between him and Wentz. That being said, most likely the reason Doug is no longer here...

4 minutes ago, stine said:

No we don't, but we do now know there was friction between him and Wentz. That being said, most likely the reason Doug is no longer here...

People are turning down this job, at least the smart ones are, which will leave us with.....well NM

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Of course as the owner you are involved lol. That goes without saying. HOW involved and to what degree?

I would think any Candidate will take the job as long as he has a say with assistants. I doubt any won't if there is no say. Why would you? McDaniels may see something we all are missing.....

1 minute ago, stine said:

I would think any Candidate will take the job as long as he has a say with assistants. I doubt any won't if there is no say. Why would you? McDaniels may see something we all are missing.....

Thats what Ped wanted(more control) and he was fired. Just gonna be a new face to blame for Howies disasters. Until that situation changes, I don't think it matters who the coach is 

24 minutes ago, stine said:

If McDaniels gets say over his staff and knows he can discipline players without Them running to Howie and Lurie should be fine that a power a coach should have in the first place. Separation of powers not a hard concept but seems to allude the Eagles. 

Again I 100% think McDaniels could handle Wentz and make him better if Wentz wants to cry not accept the coaching he was also reported to want Hurts. 

Also would love to see Jarod Mayo paired with McDaniels the more I’ve read about Mayo believe he is a real up and coming coach 

23 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Thats what Ped wanted(more control) and he was fired. Just gonna be a new face to blame for Howies disasters. Until that situation changes, I don't think it matters who the coach is 

Doug may have used that as an excuse. We really do not know all that happened. All we know for sure is that Wentz and him were not on the same page. Not sure to what degree. I really cannot take that article to heart. Most may be true but most likely some of it is opinions....

26 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

more control

That a vague answer though how much control did Doug want???? Did he want full day player personnel staff etc. basically Chip clearly the FO didn’t want to move from Wentz.

Thats completely different from a coach just want control over his staff and stuff. 

Ive stated numerous times I’m not a fan of a coach with full control rarely works out unless your Belicheat. But a coach should have full day over his staff and being able to discipline players(without them running to FO to override them) 

50 minutes ago, stine said:

Doug may have used that as an excuse. We really do not know all that happened. All we know for sure is that Wentz and him were not on the same page. Not sure to what degree. I really cannot take that article to heart. Most may be true but most likely some of it is opinions....

I think Wentz wasn't even reading the same book

47 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

That a vague answer though how much control did Doug want

I would have no idea

54 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Ive stated numerous times I’m not a fan of a coach with full control rarely works out unless your Belicheat

SO how many rings does her have?

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Then why doesn't Lurie do the drafting?

It was rumored that we took Hurts and JJAW per Lurie’s request.  Howie always survives because he takes the bullets for the owner. 

25 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

SO how many rings does her have?

Lmao so one guy is your reasoning for why coaches should have complete control???? How many coaches have failed having it lol 

12 minutes ago, time2rock said:

It was rumored that we took Hurts and JJAW per Lurie’s request.  Howie always survives because he takes the bullets for the owner. 

Welp,then Howies not so bad and Lurie needs to go lol 

Just now, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Lmao so one guy is your reasoning for why coaches should have complete control???? How many coaches have failed having it lol 

Anyone else have more rings?

12 minutes ago, time2rock said:

As I stated Lurie is in all the decisions making and knows the reasoning and logic behind why we draft everyone we do. 

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

SO one successful guy can't be a model for others?

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Welp,then Howies not so bad and Lurie needs to go lol 

Anyone else have more rings?

So again 1 great coach overrides numerous failures 

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

If your going to ignore all the failures sure.. also going to ignore all the teams that won multiple titles without that method 

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

So again 1 great coach overrides numerous failures 

If your going to ignore all the failures sure.. also going to ignore all the teams that won multiple titles without that method 

Yes numerous because we wont change a thing  DOn't really care about who wont what,I just look at the LEAD DOG and if you aren't the lead dog the scenery never changes

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yes numerous because we wont change a thing  DOn't really care about who wont what,I just look at the LEAD DOG and if you aren't the lead dog the scenery never changes

So KC should be the lead dog now no AR doesn’t ha r full control 

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Anyone can be a model. No guarantee the individual (FEW) will uphold the same standards. 

3 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

So KC should be the lead dog now no AR doesn’t ha r full control 

They may be,they are still in it???? I bet he has more than most lol

So,we have a system that doesn't produce, but yeah let's keep at it because we STRIVE to be .500

8 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Anyone can be a model. No guarantee the individual (FEW) will uphold the same standards. 

How would you know if you don't let them?????? You may be a great chef. If I never let you near a grill how would I know?

So, you know maybe I start you out on hot dogs, then let you try burgers. maybe I lean over your shoulder and say "needs a little pepper" Then we move on to bigger things. At some point I can sit back in a lounge chair and have drinks while you make lobster, because I GAVE YOU control. It doesn't have to be ALL AT ONCE!!!! But you need to do it if you want someone to learn anything, that won't happen by denying them. And who knows,maybe you know a trick mom taught you and we both learn? Nah, let's just leave the guys that burn toast in charge of this event(and this is why we stay where we are lol). BTW if Howie was any kind of GM,this would be his approach, but what the hell do I know?

Archived