Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

19 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

So, you know maybe I start you out on hot dogs, then let you try burgers. maybe I lean over your shoulder and say "needs a little pepper" Then we move on to bigger things. At some point I can sit back in a lounge chair and have drinks while you make lobster, because I GAVE YOU control. It doesn't have to be ALL AT ONCE!!!! But you need to do it if you want someone to learn anything, that won't happen by denying them. And who knows,maybe you know a trick mom taught you and we both learn? Nah, let's just leave the guys that burn toast in charge of this event(and this is why we stay where we are lol). BTW if Howie was any kind of GM,this would be his approach, but what the hell do I know?

In my book you are so right. Don't know how Mr. JL thinks though. Shorten Howie's leash???  Who the hell knows LOL

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

In my book you are so right. Don't know how Mr. JL thinks though. Shorten Howie's leash???  Who the hell knows LOL

Me either (obviously) What I know: 1)We have no coaches, we need 7 positions filled(6 if we dont hire Duce as HC). 2)This team has been in disarray with a FO set up that makes the no name teams FO from a few years ago look GREAT!!!3) John Elway is smarter that we are(Pure GENIUS).4) We have no QB that can pass for 200 yards a game with any consistency without being picked off. 5)No coach from another team is begging to get into Novacare, we will need to use bribery techniques(maybe waterboarding will help?).6) Our S&C staff is the worst in football in 5 decades.7)Our PS players have more guts than our starters and more self pride than our loser Prima Donna multi million dollar "baby".8) No other team I can recall has had someones mother call in to explain how to run a pro football team.9) We buy blue tents on sale in BULK. Forgive me if I left anything out

10 hours ago, time2rock said:

I hear ya.  I like KC because of Reid but it would be nice to see some new blood.  If KC does advance as does GB, it will be a rematch of the very first Super Bowl.  

What a great SB that could potentially be

7 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yeah that's a nice hire for them. DC oriented HC, but I'm sure with their new golden buy,they will be formidable on offense. Loved watching the Chargers back when they had LT and Gates. It was a 2 man mob. Got some pics with LT at the 2006 pro bowl in Hawaii 

LaDanian would have definitely been worth the price of admission to any football event. Wish I could have seen him play live.

6 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Not expecting a hire for HC until they likely interview everyone so could be waiting awhile with the Chiefs OC.

I do want to know why we can interview Bowles apparently but can’t talk to Chiefs OC???? 

There was a time to put in interview requests that we missed due him

6 hours ago, time2rock said:

I do have a strong gut feeling McDaniels is going to be the guy we hire.  

He accepting the Colts job...until he didn’t...when he backed out afterwards. Completely the move that screwed us. Reich then got the job.

32 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

LaDanian would have definitely been worth the price of admission to any football event. Wish I could have seen him play live.

We had dinner( I think it was Bennihanas?), He was a riot. He has the same humor as me. We got along great. My ex tossed all my photos and albums. I met him at the pro bowl-after the game (I was wearing his jersey even though I was a birdhead I always loved watching him play). Also met Peyton Manning. So LT signed my jersey(also tossed along with all my photos),so then I asked where he was staying. He was at the same hotel as me(Also met Paris Hilton lol). So I asked if he wanted to do dinner,and he said "I have plans" I said OH man bummer I'm going to Bennihana's. He said ME TOO!!! Our reservations were both at the same time(weird),so we just ate together. Talked some football, then he had interviews to get to, but it was a super cool 90 minutes or so

23 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

There was a time to put in interview requests that we missed due him

We are interviewing Bowles today and the reason behind not being able to interview KC OC is becuase he is still in the playoffs but so is Bowles.... So yea 

58 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

This doesn’t honestly bother me that much but I don’t base McDaniels on solely 1 year. NE has always seriously lacked on O and Brady made up for it had a ton of over achievers. It finally caught up to them. Honestly I have no clue who any of those WRs even were they are more unknown then our guys and that says a lot.

On top of all of that McDaniels had to rebuild the entire O to fit Cam and did so without any off-season really. The NE O was clearly nothing like the O Brady ran for years. 

"Good for Jeff Lurie and Howie Roseman judging the 44-year-old McDaniels’ body of work instead of passing judgment on a bad 2020 alone. In 12 of his 13 seasons as New England offensive coordinator, the Patriots have had a top-10 scoring team. "

20 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

"Good for Jeff Lurie and Howie Roseman judging the 44-year-old McDaniels’ body of work instead of passing judgment on a bad 2020 alone. In 12 of his 13 seasons as New England offensive coordinator, the Patriots have had a top-10 scoring team. "

Helps when you had the GOAT as your QB.  

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Helps when you had the GOAT as your QB.  

For sure helps in general when you have talent on O... 

McDaniels was also the coordinator when Cassel took over in 08 still had a top O that year thats one of the 12 out of 13 years 

Also had Jimmy G and Brissett playing well under him well enough he got teams to trade for them.

Yea I’m kinda trying to hype myself for McDaniels because I’m expecting it to be him hired 

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Was just reading up on McDaniels as I was curious why his name comes up every yr. Basically it's because of his time in NE - otherwise meh. How much he contributed to the success in NE is questionable as they're great in the FO. Just how much did he did he have to "coach up" TB12? Their O hasn't been anything special the last few yrs. Also notice Bellicheat not putting up a stink about the interest in McDaniels from other teams as well.

35 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Also notice Bellicheat not putting up a stink about the interest in McDaniels from other teams as well.

I mean they did everything in there power to keep McDaniels when he went for the Indy job even going as far to pay him low end HC money to stick around in NE.

As for what he has done NE was top 10 scoring team 12 out of 13 years as the NE OC so every year minus 2020. That also counts 2008 when he had Cassel as QB.

If McDaniels is the pick, its an interesting story. 

Just about all the Superbowl winning head coaches have "failed" or not won it before as NFL head coaches. It seems part of their trajectory. Past having ****-face, he does have the experience and perspective. He knows what a GOAT is like, and possibly how to bring back Wentz. Experience working with different coaches. 

3 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

This doesn’t honestly bother me that much but I don’t base McDaniels on solely 1 year. NE has always seriously lacked on O and Brady made up for it had a ton of over achievers. It finally caught up to them. Honestly I have no clue who any of those WRs even were they are more unknown then our guys and that says a lot.

On top of all of that McDaniels had to rebuild the entire O to fit Cam and did so without any off-season really. The NE O was clearly nothing like the O Brady ran for years. 

He's gone. I am getting close to pulling out. This FO is the WORST since I have been a fan(1971)

3 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Yeah he was AWESOME this season(NOT) So in this asterisk year you know what this team has? NOTHING. This is the worst FO in modern history and I am considering(since 1971) dropping this BULLSHOT team because they are STUPID beyond belief

26 minutes ago, matchew88 said:

If McDaniels is the pick, its an interesting story. 

Just about all the Superbowl winning head coaches have "failed" or not won it before as NFL head coaches. It seems part of their trajectory. Past having ****-face, he does have the experience and perspective. He knows what a GOAT is like, and possibly how to bring back Wentz. Experience working with different coaches. 

NOBODY wants to coach here. NO BALLS Lurie has no intention of scrapping Howie. He must enjoy the BJ's. If you want a F ing team, I will build it for you Tired of the BS "decisions" that are as clueless as they come. Sry guys but this is the WORST FO in the league and Lurie needs to SELL this team!!!! because he has NO BALLS!!!! fing  pu**ie

F Howie and F Lurie,you BOTH are clueless POS's and ya know what? Fans are going to leave because you are full of BS. "we're from Philly and we fight?" HAHAHAHAh, No you are a bunch of useless Fing PUSSCOOKIES. Buy a GD car wash you losers. More your POS style

9 hours ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Yea I’m kinda trying to hype myself for McDaniels because I’m expecting it to be him hired 

Well I would assume McDaniels won't be a puppet or yes man like Pederson was (which is a good thing IMO).  He seems to have a bit of an ego that wouldn't allow for that.  Plus having coached under one of the most successful HCs of all time, you'd hope he learned quite a bit that he can apply to being a HC himself.  And hopefully he learned from his past failure in Denver as to what he needs to do differently the second time around. 

If he fails again, then that likely means Wentz is still playing like ish and we are back to looking for a new HC in 3 years and we will be able to move on from Wentz much more easily then which could help to attract better candidates.  And maybe Howie will be shown the door at the next re-boot making it even easier to attract better candidates.  

My take on McDaniels was based on what could actually be attributed to him. Many of those yrs in NE he was an assistant. In Denver he failed and showed his Genghis Khan School management style, then upon returning to NE their O survived on the play of a QB who didn't need coaching. Nothing I've read or seen assures me he can manage a team or develop players.

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Well I would assume McDaniels won't be a puppet or yes man like Pederson was (which is a good thing IMO).  He seems to have a bit of an ego that wouldn't allow for that.  Plus having coached under one of the most successful HCs of all time, you'd hope he learned quite a bit that he can apply to being a HC himself.  And hopefully he learned from his past failure in Denver as to what he needs to do differently the second time around. 

If he fails again, then that likely means Wentz is still playing like ish and we are back to looking for a new HC in 3 years and we will be able to move on from Wentz much more easily then which could help to attract better candidates.  And maybe Howie will be shown the door at the next re-boot making it even easier to attract better candidates.  

I do agree that I don’t see McDaniels as a yes man will at the very least want control over his assistants. He does know how to coach he is a good OC and helped Brady won with Cassel helped developed Jimmy G and Brissett.

As for Denver I also hope he grew from that experience and that was what a decade ago now McDaniels was just about to be 34 he is 44 now.

Lastly if it all blows up and we fail again especially if it results in bad blood between coach and Howie idk how the hell Lurie can’t move on from Howie at that point. 

4 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I do agree that I don’t see McDaniels as a yes man will at the very least want control over his assistants. He does know how to coach he is a good OC and helped Brady won with Cassel helped developed Jimmy G and Brissett.

As for Denver I also hope he grew from that experience and that was what a decade ago now McDaniels was just about to be 34 he is 44 now.

Lastly if it all blows up and we fail again especially if it results in bad blood between coach and Howie idk how the hell Lurie can’t move on from Howie at that point. 

If this next rendition is a complete failure I would further assume (in addition to Wentz playing like ish) that the roster is still devoid of talent ... yeah, Howie the cat should be out of all 9 of his lives.  

Archived