Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

6 hours ago, stine said:

This team will be picking in the top 10 next year.

See this is where I disagree I don’t believe we will be 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

We have a round 2 QB putting up the same stats as Wentz's first 4, buit Wentz is a hero, Hurts is "mediocre"(despite the same stats as Wentz with a crappier team) only because we gave up the farm to get him.

You mean when Wentz threw what 4000 yards with no WR over 500 yards only threw 7 ints and got the team in the players in 2019 

Hurts put those kind of numbers up??? 

yea don’t think Hurts as remotely put up numbers similar to Wentz 

6 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

See this is where I disagree I don’t believe we will be 

You may be right BG.  I don't have any solid proof this will happen. I just see such a huge lack of talent after we chop off players to get under the cap, that I cannot see us improving from last year. We won't have any cash to sign Free Agents to fill in the holes like Howie did in the past...

Also love how the terrible roster is an excuse for Hurts but somehow not for Wentz they played with the same team lmao 

1 minute ago, stine said:

You may be right BG.  I don't have any solid proof this will happen. I just see such a huge lack of talent after we chop off players to get under the cap, that I cannot see us improving from last year. We won't have any cash to sign Free Agents to fill in the holes like Howie did in the past...

This is only true in 21 from what I’ve read 22 things start to clear up and we can start to rebuild more plus more picks. 

On top of that when I think the draft I tend to try and think what the Eagles brass will do not so much what I’d do. Just the history with Lurie as Eagles owner he strongly values the QB and will do whatever to make sure he has a guy or multiple. 

We are a team that had Mcnabb/Kolb/Vick at one point, Sam Bradford chase Daniels(both payed well then traded for Wentz) 

Then drafted Hurts after signing Wentz 

Now we have Hurts and we really think he going to stop Philly from looking and even likely drafting a QB high?

Just doesn’t fit the way the Eagles brass tends to do things 

1 hour ago, joemas6 said:

It's ironic though... Goedert is probably the best player we have on offense that's under 31 ... yet you want a TE at 6.   With all the other needs to identify?   Seems to me you are BPA with Pitts here.   I have no issue with that.  My gut tells me he is going to either Carolina (if they don't trade up for a QB)  or to one of Dallas or NYG.   The comedy there will be your anger if its the last 2... but will suck for me if he goes there.   We have Colin Thompson TE for Carolina and Ryan Bates Bills OL ...   Pitts is first high profile player from HS, would suck to see him go to a bitter rival.  

Seems to me Ertz goes away and 1/3 of our offense is 2 TE sets. Like Goedert fine,but he's not TWO. Besides that Pitts can be used any number of ways(like a WR even) 2 birds one stone,1 pick

What did you see when you saw Hurts play for 4 games?     Compared to what you saw when you watched Wentz in 2016.   

A better 2016 team

56 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

It's odd that you keep trying to have a "Hurts isn't as good as Wentz at his very best" discussion that no one else is having.

No one thinks Hurts is as good as Wentz was when he was at his best. 

Hard to know. Wentz has a book going, with Hurts we are still on the foreword. Could be a good story or a sad one with a crap ending

56 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Not a good draft for top end DE talent, that's for sure.  If we take a DE at 6 we are sticking with a broken philosophy and merely filling a need leaving better prospects on the board.  I'm so tired of Howie drafting for a need (last year it was SPEED so he takes Reagor over a much better prospect in Jefferson) and ignoring the fact that better players are there for the taking.  

VIkes LOVED Howie last year!!!! This year it will be the Lions🙄

23 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

You mean when Wentz threw what 4000 yards with no WR over 500 yards only threw 7 ints and got the team in the players in 2019 

Hurts put those kind of numbers up??? 

yea don’t think Hurts as remotely put up numbers similar to Wentz 

Wentz did all that in his 4 first games? WOW

7 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

This is only true in 21 from what I’ve read 22 things start to clear up and we can start to rebuild more plus more picks. 

On top of that when I think the draft I tend to try and think what the Eagles brass will do not so much what I’d do. Just the history with Lurie as Eagles owner he strongly values the QB and will do whatever to make sure he has a guy or multiple. 

We are a team that had Mcnabb/Kolb/Vick at one point, Sam Bradford chase Daniels(both payed well then traded for Wentz) 

Then drafted Hurts after signing Wentz 

Now we have Hurts and we really think he going to stop Philly from looking and even likely drafting a QB high?

Just doesn’t fit the way the Eagles brass tends to do things 

Yes, things should clear up in 2022. But what do we do in the meantime. Do you have faith the way Howie drafts? He doesn't have any cash to fill in for his miscues this season. We have loads of players coming of injuries that are ? next season. whether it is Hurts or another QB from the draft, I do not see any real improvement for the offense. We are losing Ertz. Who knows what our O-Line will look like. Defense needs allot of work also. Welp, we will see BG. I will send you a six pack if we win 5 games next year, Deal?

4 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Know what I think Howie & co are eyeing? A trade for Russell Wilson next season.

6B48A28D-FE69-415C-8C82-47934B18CF7F.png

30 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Also love how the terrible roster is an excuse for Hurts but somehow not for Wentz they played with the same team lmao 

SO Wentz was so good he got benched?(BTW I wanted Wentz pulled in week 4 before we were vying for pick 6 lol)

11 minutes ago, time2rock said:

6B48A28D-FE69-415C-8C82-47934B18CF7F.png

Yeah DC said NEXT year(2022)

Of all the 2020 things that made no sense to me, the rise and fall of Fulgham was at the top of the list.

Thomas R. Petersen 🦅 on Twitter: "The stretch of games from Travis Fulgham was one of the top highlights of the 2020 Eagles season. If he gets a full preseason with the starting QB, get timing on point (and not get benched this time), i think he can be a really solid piece on offense. #Eagles https://t.co/k0wTHheETQ" / Twitter

If he had kept up his level of play, we aren't even thinking about a wr in the draft.

To me, the Eagles should roll the dice with both Fulgham and Hurts, and not draft a QB or WR. Just focus on the defense this year, and then use the draft next year to get a qb if hurts is bad and bring in a top FA wr.

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yeah DC said NEXT year(2022)

I saw that.  But that doesn’t change the teams Russ has listed as those he’d been willing to be traded to regardless of when.  

3 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Of all the 2020 things that made no sense to me, the rise and fall of Fulgham was at the top of the list.

Thomas R. Petersen 🦅 on Twitter: "The stretch of games from Travis Fulgham was one of the top highlights of the 2020 Eagles season. If he gets a full preseason with the starting QB, get timing on point (and not get benched this time), i think he can be a really solid piece on offense. #Eagles https://t.co/k0wTHheETQ" / Twitter

If he had kept up his level of play, we aren't even thinking about a wr in the draft.

To me, the Eagles should roll the dice with both Fulgham and Hurts, and not draft a QB or WR. Just focus on the defense this year, and then use the draft next year to get a qb if hurts is bad and bring in a top FA wr.

Yeah, why I have my WR in round 5 lol/. Ward is pretty solid too. Reagor should be better. We aren't totally DOA at WR

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I saw that.  But that doesn’t change the teams Russ has listed as those he’d been willing to be traded to regardless of when.  

Well we dont have the loot,so why would he want to come here?(He chose teams that win and have the loot to pay him?)

12 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Why I have my QB in 2(because we still need a viable BU at least!) and a WR in 5. Not so dumb am I?

Now I am curious as to what Dullaz Does about Dak lol(UGH)

Lest we forget we could use a RBBC RB, which all are bypassing because of all the other needs(this is still a NEED)

It's ironic though... Goedert is probably the best player we have on offense that's under 31 ... yet you want a TE at 6.   With all the other needs to identify?   Seems to me you are BPA with Pitts here.   I have no issue with that.  My gut tells me he is going to either Carolina (if they don't trade up for a QB)  or to one of Dallas or NYG.   The comedy there will be your anger if its the last 2... but will suck for me if he goes there.   We have Colin Thompson TE for Carolina and Ryan Bates Bills OL ...   Pitts is first high profile player from HS, would suck to see him go to a bitter rival.  

Yeah, I would be mad if we don't take Pitts. I am used to stupidity by now though being a fan this long. It would be just another time to SMH in disbelief.

12 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Agree with all of this with the exception of Pitts if available

Just now, EaglesTD123 said:

Agree with all of this with the exception of Pitts if available

If not him, then Parsons. If either of these scenarios plays out maybe Lurie will take Howie for surf & turf/wine & dine

40 minutes ago, stine said:

Yes, things should clear up in 2022. But what do we do in the meantime. Do you have faith the way Howie drafts? He doesn't have any cash to fill in for his miscues this season. We have loads of players coming of injuries that are ? next season. whether it is Hurts or another QB from the draft, I do not see any real improvement for the offense. We are losing Ertz. Who knows what our O-Line will look like. Defense needs allot of work also. Welp, we will see BG. I will send you a six pack if we win 5 games next year, Deal?

Lmao I with I predict 7-9 for this team 

26 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Well we dont have the loot,so why would he want to come here?(He chose teams that win and have the loot to pay him?)

I wouldn't want to come here if I were him either.  The money thing shouldn't be an issue starting next year, but the lack of talent will be.  He'll be throwing to JJAW instead of Metcalf??  lol

Archived