Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I don't think a rookie picked later (later than top of 1st rd that is) will be ready to start games early in the season.  I don't think you'd be any worse off than playing a vet like Taylor or Brissett.  So why waste a pick on another QB that likely has the same ceiling as Hurts.  I dunno, seems logical to me ... then again I am Polish.  :P

If they go QB then they should do what they need to do to get an elite prospect.  

How do you know Trask has the same ceiling as Hurts? Do we even know what Hurts ceiling is???? So let's ignore guys because they have no ceiling like round 6 Brady? Seems foolish to me

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

I'd imagine that feeling's already in the locker room. It's too much to do in 1 yr and the vets only have so many yrs left. Football's a team sport, right now we have part of a team. Who's to say a 6th rd QB can't get to the HOF?

Noone says they can't. But you play the "odds" of a 2nd being better than a 6th. People are blowing off White from Memphis,take a look, he is a DITR or could be. Besides we have some staff from the Swamp and THAT guy got Trask out of the drawer and made him a team leader in ONE year!!

6 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Nah, I think with the cap being what it is, if he has any interest in dealing for Russ, it would be 2022.

Yeah from that standpoint,but as we have seen QB's that want out,get out. Wentz, Watson. Wilson could be the same. IDK if we have the loot to do this,so you are probably right

Even with Wilson,I don;t see Howie giving up control to anyone. Lurie needs to grow a pair

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Even with Wilson,I don;t see Howie giving up control to anyone. Lurie needs to grow a pair

Well, they reportedly consulted Wentz over WR's, it could play out something like that. Russ was on NFLN and pretty much said he didn't have any say on the roster and when asked, he admitted that he would like to have some input.

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

UGH. I can't put anything past the "dynamic duo". They are legends in their own minds

image.gif.6263a1ec3f0a9653f39dd3c7c54a2dc2.gif LMFAO

Les Bowen on Twitter: "They like him OK. Not "more than people realize," unless this is Howie's burner account." / Twitter

Thomas O'Leary on Twitter: "@LesBowen Yeah, I’d say it’s "Enough not to force a QB at 6, but not enough to pass on one they like.”" / Twitter

I think this sums up how the Eagles view the qb situation. Les Bowen seems pretty level-headed and plugged into the organization.

So if a guy falls to six that they like, they are going to draft him. But they aren't going to lose their minds a la the Bears and make a huge move to get to #2 or #3 to grab someone.   

3 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I like Fitz. Old. Noone wants him, yet he comes in and rescues sorry asses league wide lol

We would be team #9 for him.... Dude just keeps them slinging!

41 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

Les Bowen on Twitter: "They like him OK. Not "more than people realize," unless this is Howie's burner account." / Twitter

Thomas O'Leary on Twitter: "@LesBowen Yeah, I’d say it’s "Enough not to force a QB at 6, but not enough to pass on one they like.”" / Twitter

I think this sums up how the Eagles view the qb situation. Les Bowen seems pretty level-headed and plugged into the organization.

So if a guy falls to six that they like, they are going to draft him. But they aren't going to lose their minds a la the Bears and make a huge move to get to #2 or #3 to grab someone.   

If it's not Lawrence at 6, taking a QB is beyond stupid, so I suppose that's why it's possible!!!!

5 minutes ago, stine said:

We would be team #9 for him.... Dude just keeps them slinging!

I know, like I said, he bails losers out league wide

5 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

QB Factory Go BRRRRRRRR.jpg

DC,  Welcome back my man, hope all is well.  

5 hours ago, stine said:

Let's compare:

Wentz 2020 Stats-

3-8-1 - 57.4% comp, 2620 yards, 16 TD, 15 INT, QBR - 49.6

Hurts

1-3 - 52% comp, 1061 Yards, 6 TD, 4 INT, QBR 41

Maybe Hurts does better with a TC and new coaching staff. Maybe not. I doubt he does worse lol

More relevant comparison for sure!     ....how about how many points the teams scores?   I always look at that when comparing anything offense... same with points given up for defense.   

Plenty of stats for " the team with the fewest turnovers wins X amount of the time... same with fewer penalties, who has more time of possession....etc"       The one thing that is 100% ... the team that scores the most points wins.    QBR... who looks better in a bathing suit...etc.   Give me who puts the points on the board.  

4 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

The last few, they may have gotten the positions right(such as CB is our biggest need), then they draft someone noboby has heard of, and while at times you can find DITRS that way, they seem to pick the wrong guy at that position of need, thus making it another position of need next year. Did ANYONE have Jjaw on a mock list? ANYONE(maybe Mrs. Wentz did), so although they can identify what they need, which really is the easy part,they fail to plug that hole for any extended time, then off to FA to get other teams rejects we go. Same every year. Clearly this "trend" has been too long. Like Reagor, don't get me wrong,but JJ was the OBVIOUS pick for this team. Sorry to 93, but there will be a QB scramble at the top and I hope we're not that stupid to fall into it. Everyone also keeps forgetting Detroit in this mix. 

It's ironic though... Goedert is probably the best player we have on offense that's under 31 ... yet you want a TE at 6.   With all the other needs to identify?   Seems to me you are BPA with Pitts here.   I have no issue with that.  My gut tells me he is going to either Carolina (if they don't trade up for a QB)  or to one of Dallas or NYG.   The comedy there will be your anger if its the last 2... but will suck for me if he goes there.   We have Colin Thompson TE for Carolina and Ryan Bates Bills OL ...   Pitts is first high profile player from HS, would suck to see him go to a bitter rival.  

14 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

More relevant comparison for sure!     ....how about how many points the teams scores?   I always look at that when comparing anything offense... same with points given up for defense. 

First thing I look at is PF/PA. Sure, it takes yards/completions and all of the other stats married to this. But ultimately POINTS matter!

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

And that is how we ended up with a roster completely devoid of young talent.  We need to break away from the historical trend of passing on really good overall football players because they didn't play one of the few positions that they value most early and grab a lesser player because they do.  

The biggest issue I have been talking about since I've been on this board.   Go back and look at the 1st picks.    The amount of DL was disturbing ...when you see how many were picked with our first selection... and I include Abiamiri in 2007 because Kolb was a backup QB... and Laws in 2008 because it was out first pick... From Corey Simon to Cox ... 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012 ... 13 drafts basically DL was selected with the first pick who was going to actually play that year.  2014 and 2017 with Smith and Barnett.   They are obviously due to do it again.  At this point to me, it's my biggest long term need anyway... but it's ironic there isn't one really rated at #6.   This is why I for sure could see a trade down to take one.  

Tell me which team 2016 or 2020 had the better O line. Which team had the better RB's? Which team had the better secondary? Which team had the better TE's? Which teams did they play the first 4 games of 2016? In 2020 Hurts arguable did no worse than Wentz with the same team,so what would Hurts have done with the 2016 team?(Hint,one team on the rise, the other sliding down the hill). We will never know obviously,but because Wentz was a 1 we gave all up for and Hurts is a 2 he is a "hack". IDK how people can make these assumptions(and I will not) after 4 games

What did you see when you saw Hurts play for 4 games?     Compared to what you saw when you watched Wentz in 2016.   

6 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

What did you see when you saw Hurts play for 4 games?     Compared to what you saw when you watched Wentz in 2016.   

It's odd that you keep trying to have a "Hurts isn't as good as Wentz at his very best" discussion that no one else is having.

No one thinks Hurts is as good as Wentz was when he was at his best. 

12 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

The biggest issue I have been talking about since I've been on this board.   Go back and look at the 1st picks.    The amount of DL was disturbing ...when you see how many were picked with our first selection... and I include Abiamiri in 2007 because Kolb was a backup QB... and Laws in 2008 because it was out first pick... From Corey Simon to Cox ... 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012 ... 13 drafts basically DL was selected with the first pick who was going to actually play that year.  2014 and 2017 with Smith and Barnett.   They are obviously due to do it again.  At this point to me, it's my biggest long term need anyway... but it's ironic there isn't one really rated at #6.   This is why I for sure could see a trade down to take one.  

Not a good draft for top end DE talent, that's for sure.  If we take a DE at 6 we are sticking with a broken philosophy and merely filling a need leaving better prospects on the board.  I'm so tired of Howie drafting for a need (last year it was SPEED so he takes Reagor over a much better prospect in Jefferson) and ignoring the fact that better players are there for the taking.  

TB put Mahomes on the mat. ALL game, of course defense matters

This isn't directed at you ... more so the people who want to look at who was to blame for 32 sacks or whatever the # was at one point this year.

In the SB, Brady was sacked 1 time..... Mahomes was sacked 3 .... .I doubt anyone on here thinks the difference was just 2 plays compared to the pressure Mahomes was under all game vs the time Brady had to throw....    Yet when looking at our Eagles... we focus on who was to blame for Wentz getting sacked like 3 or 4 times per game.    Why don;t we realize the issue was the fact he was pressured all season long at a ridiculous amount.     Same with Hurts, just that Hurts naturally will be able to run away from it better.   The QBs who would have perfromed the best on the 2020 Eagles.... Lamar Miller, Kyler Murray, Tua and Hurts.    Simply due to running away from a rush.    Now when the team gets to a normal level, that skill is less necessary.  Being able to pass is more important.   So yeah, its common sense a running QB like Hurts would look better when the OL stinks.  Who cares... it's the difference between 4 wins and 7 or 8.   I'd prefer a QB that could take a decent or above average team all the way.   It's the GM's job to put that team in place.

Archived