Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

32 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Right now shooting for .500 is a GOAL HAHAHA(UGH). I'm fine with a trask at 38,giving Hurts competition. maybe 1 works out(or not) but it's a time buyer so we can get the youth and talent we desperately need. With our O line, Lawrence would look bad

I'm fine with adding a QB to compete with Hurts too, but personally would prefer to do so a bit later and use our earlier picks to add some much needed talent at WR (Chase, Pitts), CB (Samuel Jr, Campbell), and/or S (Ford, Cisco).  Those would obviously be rounds 1, 2, and 3 (in order of those positions/players mentioned). 

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

Jaycee Horn, CB, SoCarolina, Najee Harris, RB, Bama, a lot of DL & OL at 36

Who's your BU QB? Hurts is the only one we have

We need so much and w/ all the new coaching it'll take a miracle to get the 1st - 3rds right

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I'm fine with adding a QB to compete with Hurts too, but personally would prefer to do so a bit later and use our earlier picks to add some much needed talent at WR (Chase, Pitts), CB (Samuel Jr, Campbell), and/or S (Ford, Cisco).  Those would obviously be rounds 1, 2, and 3 (in order of those positions/players mentioned). 

Risky in my view. If Hurts falters you're playing a "bit later" QB? Trask is the bottom of the top tier,after that you are in shaky territory. As my mock said,Ertz/Foles trade would work for me,but that doesn't stop me from taking Trask at 38 either

3 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

We need so much and w/ all the new coaching it'll take a miracle to get the 1st - 3rds right

Tell hem to call this board, we'll get it right lol. In fact they should give us all a vacay at their expense and lock us in the war room

I'm just hoping Lurie takes the war room keys away from Howie

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Risky in my view. If Hurts falters you're playing a "bit later" QB? Trask is the bottom of the top tier,after that you are in shaky territory. As my mock said,Ertz/Foles trade would work for me,but that doesn't stop me from taking Trask at 38 either

Know what I think Howie & co are eyeing? A trade for Russell Wilson next season.

2 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Know what I think Howie & co are eyeing? A trade for Russell Wilson next season.

UGH. I can't put anything past the "dynamic duo". They are legends in their own minds

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I think they'll bring in a veteran QB as an insurance policy.  If something happens to Hurts early in the season I don't know that a rookie QB is going to offer you much more than what a veteran would.  So IMO the best use of draft assets is to add as much top end talent as possible and if Hurts proves he isn't the guy with a full season you go grab a QB next year.  

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

UGH. I can't put anything past the "dynamic duo". They are legends in their own minds

Howie likes to revert back to missing on Russell Wilson, Russ has recently expressed interest in having more say on the roster. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried trading for him in 2022.

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I think they'll bring in a veteran QB as an insurance policy.  If something happens to Hurts early in the season I don't know that a rookie QB is going to offer you much more than what a veteran would.  So IMO the best use of draft assets is to add as much top end talent as possible and if Hurts proves he isn't the guy with a full season you go grab a QB next year.  

Wasn't Hurts basically a rook?  With 3 rooks(basically) you have QB's for 3 years on rook contracts. That buys you alot of time and saves a boatload of loot

8 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I'm just hoping Lurie takes the war room keys away from Howie

Don't hold ur breath

13 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Who's your BU QB? Hurts is the only one we have

We don't need no stinkin BU QB!

Said earlier grab one later and a UDFA or inexpensive FA. Not looking at winning this yr, it's a rebuild.

8 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

:o

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Once again,Fitz would work,or an Ertz/Foles trade,however that still doesn't stop me from taking Trask. This team is "insurance policy" constipated. "Insurance policies" just prove you can't draft lol

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Wasn't Hurts basically a rook?  With 3 rooks(basically) you have QB's for 3 years on rook contracts. That buys you alot of time and saves a boatload of loot

Not basically ... he was.  :lol:

But I did qualify my statement with "if something happens to Hurts EARLY IN THE SEASON" ... 

Hurts didn't get his PT until the final quarter of the season.  

2 minutes ago, Asg 15 said:

Don't hold ur breath

I can't, it's hard to breath with this team anyway, like wearing 12 masks

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

Not basically ... he was.  :lol:

But I did qualify my statement with "if something happens to Hurts EARLY IN THE SEASON" ... 

Hurts didn't get his PT until the final quarter of the season.  

SO that's my point. Hurts goes out game 1,what do you do now? Give up on the other 53 too? All the players want stats. Hurts goes out they are done also

6 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Howie likes to revert back to missing on Russell Wilson, Russ has recently expressed interest in having more say on the roster. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried trading for him in 2022.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/02/25/report-russell-wilson-stormed-out-after-his-ideas-for-fixing-seattles-offense-were-dismissed/

4 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Said earlier grab one later and a UDFA or inexpensive FA. Not looking at winning this yr, it's a rebuild.

So you're going to sacrifice the other 52 guys because you have no QB if Hurts goes out? I don;t want to be on this team either then if there is no plan for success,rebuild or not

SO that's my point. Hurts goes out game 1,what do you do now? Give up on the other 53 too? All the players want stats. Hurts goes out they are done also

I don't think a rookie picked later (later than top of 1st rd that is) will be ready to start games early in the season.  I don't think you'd be any worse off than playing a vet like Taylor or Brissett.  So why waste a pick on another QB that likely has the same ceiling as Hurts.  I dunno, seems logical to me ... then again I am Polish.  :P

If they go QB then they should do what they need to do to get an elite prospect.  

7 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

So re-sign Suds. He's so awesome and CHEAP too-perfect

4 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

They save $11 million by trading him in 2022

Maybe they make a play this year?? aka Wentz

I'd imagine that feeling's already in the locker room. It's too much to do in 1 yr and the vets only have so many yrs left. Football's a team sport, right now we have part of a team. Who's to say a 6th rd QB can't get to the HOF?

Maybe they make a ply this year?? aka Wentz

Nah, I think with the cap being what it is, if he has any interest in dealing for Russ, it would be 2022.

Archived