Ongoing Eagles News Discussion

cunninghamtheman

28 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

No... we differ on that I don't want to pass on a player that can be had at 37.... simply for competition.   Too many needs at starter to worry about competition at a spot we already invested in.  

ROund 2 options- Trask-QB, Moehrig-S, Oweh-edge,marshall-WR, Basham-edge, Davis-OG Etienne-RB( but think he goes in 1  

• Replies 89.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

ROund 2 options(in my view)- Trask-QB, Moehrig-S, Oweh-edge,marshall-WR, Basham-edge, Davis-OG Etienne-RB( but think he goes in 1  

You could probably toss Bateman-WR in here, maybe Samuel-CB and there are few others 

24 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

You could probably toss Bateman-WR in here, maybe Samuel-CB and there are few others 

There are three corners - Newsome, Melifonwu and Kelvin Joseph, who I think are in play for us if we don't go corner in the first.

I think the second round pick has to be a DE, safety or corner. There are just too many good defensive prospects who will be sitting there at spots that would really help our team. 

40 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

You hate him now that Wentz is gone? WHO is your QB?

If he wasn't drafted in the 2nd good chance Wentz is NOT gone.  

1 hour ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I mean did you see Mahomes becoming mahomes  or Watson turning into Watson? 

Josh Allen people were saying he was going to be a bust his first couple years, Hebert didn’t have the QB makeup going into the draft was to quiet lol.

Its all a gamble but if teams knew Mahomes was that caliber guy or Watson you think they last until think 10th and 12th respectively. 

Somebody had to (Veach and Beane, respectively).  I just wish we had someone that could do the same for us.  

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

Somebody had to (Veach and Beane, respectively).  I just wish we had someone that could do the same for us.  

Yea they loved those guys but I’m asking did you see them as those players going into that draft? Because I didn’t if you asked me in 2017 if Mahomes was going to become one of if not the best QB in the nfl I’d have laughed and said your crazy. 

40 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

It’s a completely different situation though from when we drafted Hurts vs now.

Wentz was just signed and we made a point to say he was our QB then drafted Hurts so high when we had so many other areas we needed help in.

Now Hurts is a late 2nd rounder no other QBs on roster wouldn’t be a QB controversy if we drafted a guy would just be a QB competition 

If we go QB it should either be with an early pick (one that yields the best odds of becoming a franchise QB to build around and lead the team on deep playoff runs) or a day 3 pick if you are just adding someone to be a part of a QB competition IMO.  Not talking about creating a QB controversy but more about the value in picking certain positions on day 2 (I believe you are much more likely to hit on a CB or WR than a QB then).  

If Siri O is anything like people on this board have suggested it will be and the more I’ve read on Mac Jones could be a match made in heaven for the two guys 

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

If he wasn't drafted in the 2nd good chance Wentz is NOT gone.  

Not buying that. Wentz wanted out. How well would that locker room go???

14 hours ago, Asg 15 said:

You can now have Tanqueray without the alcohol.

The 191-year-old gin company introduced its booze-free option to fans on Thursday, which has been named Tanqueray 0.0%.

Off topic but eactly what is the point?

Sure, why not? I love alcohol free pine needles.

Anyone who's ever drank it will get the joke.

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

If we go QB it should either be with an early pick (one that yields the best odds of becoming a franchise QB to build around and lead the team on deep playoff runs) or a day 3 pick if you are just adding someone to be a part of a QB competition IMO.  Not talking about creating a QB controversy but more about the value in picking certain positions on day 2 (I believe you are much more likely to hit on a CB or WR than a QB then).  

I agree on this hence why I’ve been on the we will end up drafting a QB with our first 

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

I agree on this hence why I’ve been on the we will end up drafting a QB with our first 

I think it's a "no QB". I think they are stuck on the Hurts train

2 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Sure, why not? I love alcohol free pine needles.

Anyone who's ever drank it will get the joke.

Don when did you come over lol good to see you man 

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

I think it's a "no QB". I think they are stuck on the Hurts train

Definitely possible I don’t see it but we will find out come April 

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Not buying that. Wentz wanted out. How well would that locker room go???

Mmmm part of the reason Wentz supposedly wanted out was Howie and the lack of ability to give talent. 

How big of a difference would getting a round 2 player that could have aided the team more then a backup could have made???

Im not sure but the issues between Wentz and the Eagles was building didn’t all happen in one season. 

1 minute ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Don when did you come over lol good to see you man 

I've been here since it was started, just never posted. Likewise.

You know there are reports that Wentz never formally requested a trade, right?

And yes, there was a report last week or so that former and current players were saying, that the problem with the Eagles is in the FO, meaning Howie.

SO, how many QB's sitting in the green room at 6 are going(please god don't pick me)

2 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Mmmm part of the reason Wentz supposedly wanted out was Howie and the lack of ability to give talent. 

How big of a difference would getting a round 2 player that could have aided the team more then a backup could have made???

Im not sure but the issues between Wentz and the Eagles was building didn’t all happen in one season. 

There's also an article saying the problem between the Eagles and Wentz began the year they sat Wentz due to the broken bone in his back, he wanted to play and they sat him.

1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

You know there are reports that Wentz never formally requested a trade, right?

And yes, there was a report last week or so that former and current players were saying, that the problem with the Eagles is in the FO, meaning Howie.

Yeah, but until Lurie figures that out, weren't not going to another SB. That one in '17 was a FLUKE

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Yeah, but until Lurie figures that out, weren't not going to another SB. That one in '17 was a FLUKE

So it's going to be another 57 years? I'm not sure I have that long left :lol:

1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

There's also an article saying the problem between the Eagles and Wentz began the year they sat Wentz due to the broken bone in his back, he wanted to play and they sat him.

Just  read that the other day... Jason Avant also came out and suggested that was likely when it all started 

2 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

So it's going to be another 57 years? I'm not sure I have that long left :lol:

Im 65(soon), I swore I wouldn't die till we won one. So they did that just for me!!!! **** want me outta here LOL

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Im 65(soon), I swore I wouldn't die till we won one. So they did that just for me!!!! **** want me outta here LOL

I'm 66 and don't expect to see another SB

4 minutes ago, Bleedinggreen93 said:

Just  read that the other day... Jason Avant also came out and suggested that was likely when it all started 

I was actually more upset when we lost Avant, than when we lost Djax

Archived