EMB Blog: 2021 Training Camp / Preseason

Connecticut Eagle

57 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I'm on the trade everyone bandwagon. Cox, Ertz (obviously), Graham, Lane, etc. This team is years away from being contenders.

I'd agree but can any of them even be traded?

18 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Bias as an Eagles fan aside, I think it’s kind of crazy to think Eagles will be worse than Lions or Texans.

I wouldn't be upset with the #1 overall pick

Maybe Howie finally gets fired and the new GM has a bunch of great picks to fix the team

I can dream right?

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

New thread brings out the moronic trolls I see.  

Yep. Also brings out the  "get the hell off my lawn” Dementia suffering old timers as well

3 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Yep. Also brings out the  "get the hell off my lawn” Dementia suffering old timers as well

The old thread had plenty of that

34 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Bias as an Eagles fan aside, I think it’s kind of crazy to think Eagles will be worse than Lions or Texans.

But at +1400 odds? That's not a bad bet...

13 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I'd agree but can any of them even be traded?

I wouldn't be upset with the #1 overall pick

Maybe Howie finally gets fired and the new GM has a bunch of great picks to fix the team

I can dream right?

So you’re perfectly okay to be the worst team in the league? It’s a dream of yours? The new GM in that scenario could be worse

6 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

The OLD thread had plenty of that

See what you did there lol

2 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

So you’re perfectly okay to be the worst team in the league? It’s a dream of yours? The new GM in that scenario could be worse

I said I wouldn't be upset if we get the #1 overall pick

Howie getting fired is a dream

New GM could be worse but I'd easily take the chance

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

I'm on the trade everyone bandwagon. Cox, Ertz (obviously), Graham, Lane, etc. This team is years away from being contenders.

You might be right but people were saying that exact same thing after Chip was fired.......

1 minute ago, 315Eagles said:

You might be right but people were saying that exact same thing after Chip was fired.......

At least those players were all 5 years younger.  The players that weren't those players Howie went ahead and traded/got rid of them all once he took back power Game of Thrones style.  There was a major purge of Chip brought in talent with very few remaining.  

10 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

I’ll admit I probably misunderstood the take then. I’m not all that familiar with betting odds, just got into it last season & still learning about it. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-2021-season-jalen-hurts-overunder-total-touchdowns

Can Jalen Hurts top his over/under number of total touchdowns?

NBC Sports betting partner PointsBet lists Hurts’ over/under on total passing and rushing touchdowns at 24.5. That number is interesting considering it’s now a 17-game schedule and Hurts can hurt opposing defenses with his legs as well.

Randall Cunningham (1987 - 12 games): 23 passing TD, 3 rushing TD

Donovan McNabb (2000 - 16 games): 21 passing TD, 6 rushing TD

Carson Wentz (2016 - 16 games): 16 passing TD, 2 rushing TD

As long as Hurts stays healthy I think he can combine for around 30 total TDs rushing and passing in a 17 game season.  He had 9 total in 4 games as a rookie.  He will be entering a more stable with a healthy offensive line *knock on wood* and better talent with DeVonta and Reagor hopefully improving in his second year and not having to deal with injuries.  I'm also optimistic in Sirianni being able to design some smart gameplans.  I would take the over big time.  

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

Curious, where would everyone rank Gesicki in terms of TEs?

He'd be right around Goedert.  Looking up his and Gesicki's stats they are actually very similiar although DG has played in 5 fewer games.  I figured Gesicki had better numbers but wasnt the case.

12 minutes ago, RememberTheKoy said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-2021-season-jalen-hurts-overunder-total-touchdowns

Can Jalen Hurts top his over/under number of total touchdowns?

NBC Sports betting partner PointsBet lists Hurts’ over/under on total passing and rushing touchdowns at 24.5. That number is interesting considering it’s now a 17-game schedule and Hurts can hurt opposing defenses with his legs as well.

Randall Cunningham (1987 - 12 games): 23 passing TD, 3 rushing TD

Donovan McNabb (2000 - 16 games): 21 passing TD, 6 rushing TD

Carson Wentz (2016 - 16 games): 16 passing TD, 2 rushing TD

As long as Hurts stays healthy I think he can combine for around 30 total TDs rushing and passing in a 17 game season.  He had 9 total in 4 games as a rookie.  He will be entering a more stable with a healthy offensive line *knock on wood* and better talent with DeVonta and Reagor hopefully improving in his second year and not having to deal with injuries.  I'm also optimistic in Sirianni being able to design some smart gameplans.  I would take the over big time.  

If he's going to scramble several times a game, which I have no problem with him doing, then he better protect himself or else he wont even play 17 games.  He needs to avoid hits at all cost, slide, go out of bounds, etc.  Its something I wish Wentz would have done more of instead of taking on defenders.

31 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I said I wouldn't be upset if we get the #1 overall pick

Howie getting fired is a dream

New GM could be worse but I'd easily take the chance

Getting the #1 pick this year, 2022 draft, would most likely mean getting Sam Howell or Spencer Rattler.  No thanks.

Rather get the #1 pick for the 2023 draft. At least you could get the kid from Clemson, DJ U.  I thought there was another highly rated QB prospect that year as well but cant think of any names.  Have to look it up.

34 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I’ll admit I probably misunderstood the take then. I’m not all that familiar with betting odds, just got into it last season & still learning about it. 

$100 bet wins you $1,400

43 minutes ago, MillerTime said:

Could also be better. Shouldn’t be afraid of trying to improve from mediocrity out of fear of possibly doing worse. 

3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Could also be better. Shouldn’t be afraid of trying to improve from mediocrity out of fear of possibly doing worse. 

Winning a Super Bowl and making the playoffs the next 2 years isn’t mediocrity. 4-12 is but that’s an outlier.

Just now, MillerTime said:

Winning a Super Bowl and making the playoffs the next 2 years isn’t mediocrity. 4-12 is but that’s an outlier.

The fact that it crashed so quickly is an indictment of the GM, his drafting and roster management.

2 hours ago, BigEFly said:

I have my doubts. I still think the best chance of value is if a team loses their TE, or their prospects don’t develop, which is likely during TC or the PS and for Ertz that may mean he goes to a contender. Win for both. 

Meh...  Trying to catch lightning in a bottle like he did with Sam Bradford.  Those situations don't come along every year.  I'd have preferred to be rid of that contract and have this issue resolved.  Frankly, I think that's worth more than the potential gain in waiting.  More than likely this ends up being a lose-lose situation.

12 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Getting the #1 pick this year, 2022 draft, would most likely mean getting Sam Howell or Spencer Rattler.  No thanks.

Rather get the #1 pick for the 2023 draft. At least you could get the kid from Clemson, DJ U.  I thought there was another highly rated QB prospect that year as well but cant think of any names.  Have to look it up.

The 2026 Draft is the one to get the #1 pick in.  That should be when Arch Manning will be draft eligible.  

52 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

The move to make if you want to play it is to look to arbitrage it. You get +1400 now, hope the Eagles start cold, the odds move fast, then you sell the position when it’s like +500.

No need to actually see the position through.

3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The fact that it crashed so quickly is an indictment of the GM, his drafting and roster management.

Most GMs don’t even get there. And pressing the roster to try and get back is where he failed. But, it’s not a land most GM go to so it’s okay to have growing pains. Actually, most teams who win the Super Bowl go through the same thing. The Ravens and Broncos prove that. The Panthers and Falcons are also there even though they didn’t win.

2 hours ago, Swoop said:

Curious, where would everyone rank Gesicki in terms of TEs?

This is a list of what I consider the top UDFA TE next year, some older veterans, a few journeyman, high draft picks and guys looking for their 2nd contract.  There are a lot more, it's a huge TE class.  Keep in mind this is just the FA list.   I think Gesicki is in the bottom 10 of the FA class let alone the other TE's signed. 

This is why I'm not giving Goedert top 3 money.  I'd take a handful of these guys over him, especially at what he wants.

Zach Ertz

OJ Howard

Jimmy Graham

Gronk

Dallas Goedert

Mike Gesicki

Maxx Williams

Logan Thomas

Evan Engram

Hayden Hurst

David Njoku

Mo Alie-Cox

Gerald Everett

Robert Tonyan

Mark Andrews

That's not including guys who are signed.  Travis Kelce, George Kittle, Darren Waller, Noah Fant, TJ Hockenson, Hunter Henry, Jonnu Smith.  There are so many good tight ends in the NFL and you have Kyle Pitts, Pat Freiermuth and Tommy Tremble coming in as rookies.

11 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

This is a list of what I consider the top UDFA TE next year, some older veterans, a few journeyman, high draft picks and guys looking for their 2nd contract.  There are a lot more, it's a huge TE class.  Keep in mind this is just the FA list.   I think Gesicki is in the bottom 10 of the FA class let alone the other TE's signed. 

This is why I'm not giving Goedert top 3 money.  I'd take a handful of these guys over him, especially at what he wants.

Zach Ertz

OJ Howard

Jimmy Graham

Gronk

Dallas Goedert

Mike Gesicki

Maxx Williams

Logan Thomas

Evan Engram

Hayden Hurst

David Njoku

Mo Alie-Cox

Gerald Everett

Robert Tonyan

Mark Andrews

That's not including guys who are signed.  Travis Kelce, George Kittle, Darren Waller, Noah Fant, TJ Hockenson, Hunter Henry, Jonnu Smith.  There are so many good tight ends in the NFL and you have Kyle Pitts, Pat Freiermuth and Tommy Tremble coming in as rookies.

All your post told me is signing Goedert before the TE market blows up is a good thing. It’s top 3 money right now, but obviously with that group of FA it will be barely top 12 next year 

Archived