Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

I’ve been saying that the Colts, even if they suck, will be in the race for that division long enough for Wentz to hit 13 games. The Titans are probably the best in the division and even they are just mediocre. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

If they bench him it’s over. He could never be their quarterback again. Why work so hard to put this guy out there now (broken foot, no vaccination, busted ankles) only to bench him later? At least right now there is some justification to bench him. If they do it later while he’s healthy there is no justification for it. I wouldn’t be surprised if the league stepped in if they pull those types of shenanigans. 

They would bench him for "health" reasons.

13 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Yep.  I am sure they will have the conversation.  "Quenton is not healthy, you have a rotating door at left tackle.  Lets take a step back, get everyone healthy and reload for next year"

They are going to Miami next week then have the Ravens.  They are very realistically looking at 0-5.

Unlike the Eagles, if they talk to him about the plan, he will be on board and go on IR without any issues.  They get a top 3 pick, draft Evan Neal, OT, Alabama, and use the 60 million in cap space to address additional O Line and WR.

42 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yep.  I am sure they will have the conversation.  "Quenton is not healthy, you have a rotating door at left tackle.  Lets take a step back, get everyone healthy and reload for next year"

They are going to Miami next week then have the Ravens.  They are very realistically looking at 0-5.

Unlike the Eagles, if they talk to him about the plan, he will be on board and go on IR without any issues.  They get a top 3 pick, draft Evan Neal, OT, Alabama, and use the 60 million in cap space to address additional O Line and WR.

Yep. A top 3-4 pick in the 2nd round can be valuable though.

13 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Yep. A top 3-4 pick in the 2nd round can be valuable though.

That's something people often forget about draft position.  It's not just the 1st round it's every round (for your team record).  With the Colts pick, if it's a high 2nd then you are either using it as ammo to trade back into the 1st round or you are getting 1st round talent that fell.

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

That's something people often forget about draft position.  It's not just the 1st round it's every round (for your team record).  With the Colts pick, if it's a high 2nd then you are either using it as ammo to trade back into the 1st round or you are getting 1st round talent that fell.

This is why I stopped caring about it. If they are this bad we get a really early 2nd round pick for a broken QB

1 hour ago, Diehardfan said:

Then they should already do that, because he’s clearly not healthy. 

12 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Do you think the Colts will continue to start him if they are going to get a top 10 pick? I can't see that happening. The Dolphins also play the Jets twice, Giants, Indy, Jags, Texans, and the Falcons. They will end up with at least 7 or 8 wins.

I think it's tough to say. Benching him would be an admission that it was a bad trade, and would make it tough to sell him as the team's starter going forward. At the same time, playing him when they're out of playoff contention and losing a top 10 pick just to save face seems pretty drastic. I think there's a pretty decent chance Wentz's propensity to get injured might save them the trouble of making the decision, or he may get banged up just enough for them to have a convenient excuse to bench him at the end of the season. 

7 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

This is why I stopped caring about it. If they are this bad we get a really early 2nd round pick for a broken QB

Either way there’s no chance Howie uses three first round picks in one draft. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Either way there’s no chance Howie uses three first round picks in one draft. 

I don't want them too. I would like them to use 2 and trade 1. I less they have 2 towards the back and only 1 up in the top 15 then. I would like them to use 1 and trade 2 to move up or down 

1 minute ago, Kz! said:

I think it's tough to say. Benching him would be an admission that it was a bad trade, and would make it tough to sell him as the team's starter going forward. At the same time, playing him when they're out of playoff contention and losing a top 10 pick just to save face seems pretty drastic. I think there's a pretty decent chance Wentz's propensity to get injured might save them the trouble of making the decision, or he may get banged up just enough for them to have a convenient excuse to bench him at the end of the season. 

They probably should have just sat him at the beginning of the year. It would’ve been more than justified with all of his injuries. He probably shouldn’t have started this week. He didn’t exactly help his team out there. The longer they keep him out there the worse it will look if they try to bench him especially if he’s healthy. 

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Why do the Colts owe Wentz anything that they need to talk with him? You guys don’t get it. This is his audition too. 

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Why do the Colts owe Wentz any that they need to talk with him? You guys don’t get it. This is his audition too. 

Because that is what teams run properly do.  

11 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Because that is what teams run properly do.  

You assume Wentz is part of that future, but if he can’t even prove he can stay on the field why in the world would they concern themselves with his feelings? Wentz has not played to an elite level this year. He needs to prove he is their guy. If they’re benching him they don’t believe he is period. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

You assume Wentz is part of that future, but if he can’t even prove he can stay on the field why in the world would they concern themselves with his feelings? Wentz has not played to an elite level this year. He needs to prove he is their guy. If they’re benching him they don’t believe he is period. 

I assume you have not watched any Colts games, I have.  Wentz is about 75th on the list of their problems.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

I assume you have not watched any Colts games, I have.  Wentz is about 75th on the list of their problems.

I assume your love for the player has blinded you. That "it’s everyone’s fault but Wentz” bs isn’t going to save him. They owe him nothing and if they’re going to pay him like he’s an elite quarterback then him throwing for less than 200 yards won’t get it done. If they’re benching him it’s to keep that pick to get another quarterback. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I assume your love for the player has blinded you. That "it’s everyone’s fault but Wentz” bs isn’t going to save him. They owe him nothing and if they’re going to pay him like he’s an elite quarterback then him throwing for less than 200 yards won’t get it done. If they’re benching him it’s to keep that pick to get another quarterback. 

Unlike you, who hates him to your core, and can not stop talking about him, I can give it the appropriate perspective.  Go read the Colts board, they see that their team is an injured disaster, and Wentz is toughing it out while taking a beating behind a disaster of an offensive line.  

And I am not talking about benching him, I am talking about putting him on IR.  The Colts don't care about your hate of Carson Wentz, or your agenda.  If they determine it is best for their franchise to put Wentz and Quenton Nelson on IR, that is exactly what they are going to do after they talk about it.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Unlike you, who hates him to your core, and can not stop talking about him, I can give it the appropriate perspective.  Go read the Colts board, they see that their team is an injured disaster, and Wentz is toughing it out while taking a beating behind a disaster of an offensive line.  

And I am not talking about benching him, I am talking about putting him on IR.  The Colts don't care about your hate of Carson Wentz, or your agenda.  If they determine it is best for their franchise to put Wentz and Quenton Nelson on IR, that is exactly what they are going to do after they talk about it.

I don’t hate Wentz. I just don’t hum on his sack like the rest of you. The Colts already had the opportunity to put Wentz on the IR and they chose not to. Heck they probably should have rested him this game and again they chose against it. Carson has shown nothing at this point for the Colts to believe he’s their guy of the future. If anything this is supposed to be Carson’s year to prove he can stay healthy and to do better than his career 35-35-1 record. His done nothing of the sort. You might want to build your franchise around a career .500 quarterback, but that doesn’t mean the Colts want to. Bottom line if he’s benched or put on IR he’s done as a Colt. 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Bottom line if he’s benched or put on IR he’s done as a Colt. 

False.  If they put Nelson on IR is he done ??  Eric Fisher ??  Braden Smith ??  

The Colts will do what is best for the Colts.

It's Eagles game day, its Eagles v Cowboys week,  You can't talk about anything but Carson Wentz.  You are the one obsessed with him, that is why your last 21 posts are in a thread about Carson Wentz.

13 minutes ago, downundermike said:

False.  If they put Nelson on IR is he done ??  Eric Fisher ??  Braden Smith ??  

The Colts will do what is best for the Colts.

It's Eagles game day, its Eagles v Cowboys week,  You can't talk about anything but Carson Wentz.  You are the one obsessed with him, that is why your last 21 posts are in a thread about Carson Wentz.

This is the truth here. The Colts will do what’s best for them and not a .500 quarterback. Hey it’s Eagles/Cowboys week. Maybe you should post more about that rather than get so butthurt over the amount of times I’ve posted about your favorite quarterback. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

This is the truth here. The Colts will do what’s best for them and not a .500 quarterback. 

22nd consecutive post in a thread about Carson Wentz on a day the Eagles play the Cowboys.

Obsessed GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Just now, downundermike said:

22nd consecutive post in a thread about Carson Wentz on a day the Eagles play the Cowboys.

Obsessed GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Thread count posting. Hilarious 😂 You must really love that dude. 

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Or keep the high second and use yours to trade up fr4om where your 1st is to a higher 1st. But we agree, a High secoind pick is pretty valuable. 

The Colts schedule gets easier after week 5. They just need to beat the Dolphins and they'll have a chance until the end. That might be the best scenario for us, if they have hopes but still miss the playoffs, that pick would be around the 15th overall. 

If they keep losing they'll bench him or put him on IR; if they win the division we'll have a a first but a pretty high one. 

Archived