Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson (I believe) played 100% of the snaps.  

The Colts lost now sitting at 0-3.

So far, so good.  

20 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

So maybe we hope he does bench him, so that Frank will replace Sirianni when Howie feels like his job is in danger, and fires him to deflect attention? :huh:

princess-bride-dizzying-intellect.gif

:lol: 

11 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

princess-bride-dizzying-intellect.gif

:lol: 

Great movie. I worked as an usher in a theater that summer and saw it so many times that I and my fellow ushers had the dialog memorized and would go around quoting scenes to each other. That along with Hollywood Shuffle and a few other movies from that year (1987).

Just now, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Great movie. I worked as an usher in a theater that summer and saw it so many times that I and my fellow ushers had the dialog memorized and would go around quoting scenes to each other. That along with Hollywood Shuffle and a few other movies from that year (1987).

One of the most perfect movies ever made.

16 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Could it be the Colts are missing Sirianni?  Maybe he had more to do with their success than we realize.

That's yet to be proven. Especially since last game. Not sure what they were thinking. 

12 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

That's yet to be proven. Especially since last game. Not sure what they were thinking. 

Yeah he struggled with play calling last week.  I've read before that Sirianni had alot to do with the Colts game planning the last couple years.

Just now, 315Eagles said:

Yeah he struggled with play calling last week.  I've read before that Sirianni had alot to do with the Colts game planning the last couple years.

That is the offensive coordinators job

32 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Could it be the Colts are missing Sirianni?  Maybe he had more to do with their success than we realize.

Maybe they’re missing Phillip Rivers?

33 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Funny thing is, that's the kind of question that we were asking in 2018... did we miss Frank because he had more to do with 2017 than we realized (though a lot of us knew he was a big part of it). 

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Looking at the stats, he threw for a tad over 51% and just under 200 yards today. No INT's but no TD's either. 

He’s outstanding though. :whistle:

15 minutes ago, vaff said:

Maybe they’re missing Phillip Rivers?

Naw they got better there according to some. :whistle:

14 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Funny thing is, that's the kind of question that we were asking in 2018... did we miss Frank because he had more to do with 2017 than we realized (though a lot of us knew he was a big part of it). 

I thought that was the joke. 😂

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

So far, so good.  

Miami down 25-14 in the 4th. Losses by both other NFC East teams. A win on Monday would be a perfect sweep. 

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I thought that was the joke. 😂

No, because it was said that it was Frank that kept Doug from calling all pass plays and would push run plays when things would become unbalanced, like they were in week 2 of 2017 (vs. the Chiefs). 

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

So far, so good.  

I want Indy to pull out a couple of games in the next few weeks.  If things get too bleak too fast, he'll be riding the bench soon enough.

13 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

No, because it was said that it was Frank that kept Doug from calling all pass plays and would push run plays when things would become unbalanced, like they were in week 2 of 2017 (vs. the Chiefs). 

Well the Colts attempted 37 passes and rushed only 18 times. Reich seems just as out of whack as Doug at least in this game. 

1 minute ago, Procus said:

I want Indy to pull out a couple of games in the next few weeks.  If things get too bleak too fast, he'll be riding the bench soon enough.

Nah, cause he’s not the reason things are bleak. They can blame injuries and everything else. Wentz isn’t the reason they’re losing, so they won’t bench him. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Nah, cause he’s not the reason things are bleak. They can blame injuries and everything else. Wentz isn’t the reason they’re losing, so they won’t bench him. 

At some point in time, if it's pretty clear that the season is lost, I envision Wentz losing some playing time, even if he overall play is good.  His foot and ankles aren't faring so well this season along with who else knows what.  The long term health of the QB along with a valuable pick hanging in the balance are big factors in all of this.

4 minutes ago, Procus said:

At some point in time, if it's pretty clear that the season is lost, I envision Wentz losing some playing time, even if he overall play is good.  His foot and ankles aren't faring so well this season along with who else knows what.  The long term health of the QB along with a valuable pick hanging in the balance are big factors in all of this.

The only ways Carson is off the field will be due to injury, Covid, the Colts don’t believe he’s their guy, or by some chance the Colts getting themselves in position where their playoff position is locked up. Do you remember the last time Wentz was benched? He demanded a trade out so if the Colts bench Wentz he’s out of there. How could you even justify to your fan base to bench a player for a pick? Who would even attend those games? 

5 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The only ways Carson is off the field will be due to injury, Covid, the Colts don’t believe he’s their guy, or by some chance the Colts getting themselves in position where their playoff position is locked up. Do you remember the last time Wentz was benched? He demanded a trade out so if the Colts bench Wentz he’s out of there. How could you even justify to your fan base to bench a player for a pick? Who would even attend those games? 

But he was also benched after hurting his back in 2018.  With his ankles and feet right now, injury sure seems like a good bet.

6 minutes ago, Procus said:

But he was also benched after hurting his back in 2018.  With his ankles and feet right now, injury sure seems like a good bet.

He wasn’t benched. He was sat down due to injury. Now if the injuries pile up that’s one thing, but to bench him for a pick is something completely different. 

Archived