Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, vaff said:

Maybe they’re missing Phillip Rivers?

I don't see why.   They have a perennial MVP contender at QB now.

4 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

I don't see why.   They have a perennial MVP contender at QB now.

So I’ve told. 

22 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Ugh Justin Fields was dodo water today. 

My god Jason Peters got Fields killed... This game reminded me of Donovan's first game against Warren Sapp and the Bucs, 5 had about 70 yards passing and sacked 10 times...

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Wentz: 97% of the total snaps through 3 games.

He will be benched soon

Quite surprising how so many before the season started thought nothing was a big deal and Wentz would be fine, but now only three weeks in people are expecting him to be benched soon. 

We currently have picks 3, 6, and 19. If we lose to the Cowboys, we could be on pace to be the only team (?) ever with 3 top 10 picks in the same draft

1 minute ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

We currently have picks 3, 6, and 19. If we lose to the Cowboys, we could be on pace to be the only team (?) ever with 3 top 10 picks in the same draft

With this team I'm afraid to be excited about that. Lol

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Quite surprising how so many before the season started thought nothing was a big deal and Wentz would be fine, but now only three weeks in people are expecting him to be benched soon. 

It’s a good thing the colts didn’t bring in a quality back up like Foles, etc. 

22 minutes ago, eggs said:

It’s a good thing the colts didn’t bring in a quality back up like Foles, etc. 

Colts would definitely tank if they are that bad and know the draft situation. They would bench him for a nobody just to spite us.

1 hour ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Don't be surprised if the Giants and Bears suck this year and the Giants are the team with the highest slotted first rounders. 

2 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

I'm sure Howie would never use 3 firsts in the same draft. He would trade one away for a future first.  I don't even know if he would want to pay top 10 money to two draft picks. He would probably trade down and move a bunch of picks into 2022 and 2023.  Or he will just blow it all on a QB.

2 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Do you think the Colts will continue to start him if they are going to get a top 10 pick? I can't see that happening. The Dolphins also play the Jets twice, Giants, Indy, Jags, Texans, and the Falcons. They will end up with at least 7 or 8 wins.

38 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Do you think the Colts will continue to start him if they are going to get a top 10 pick? I can't see that happening. The Dolphins also play the Jets twice, Giants, Indy, Jags, Texans, and the Falcons. They will end up with at least 7 or 8 wins.

Jacoby Brisset looked good today.  He's a better QB than Tua.

4 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Depends doesn't it. So far they are 0-3 but I don't think Carson has played badly. He's also not been great but he's not been the issue. I'm not sure you can bench your long term QB for the sake of a draft pick. 

6 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

If they bench him it’s over. He could never be their quarterback again. Why work so hard to put this guy out there now (broken foot, no vaccination, busted ankles) only to bench him later? At least right now there is some justification to bench him. If they do it later while he’s healthy there is no justification for it. I wouldn’t be surprised if the league stepped in if they pull those types of shenanigans. 

10 hours ago, time2rock said:

Wentz: 97% of the total snaps through 3 games.

Just keep that up for 10 or 11 more games and we're all set. 

If we're bad enough to get a top ten pick of our own next year then my biggest worry would be Howie only wanted Zach WIlson this year.

20 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

If we're bad enough to get a top ten pick of our own next year then my biggest worry would be Howie only wanted Zach WIlson this year.

FYP

11 hours ago, Jeep_man said:

My god Jason Peters got Fields killed... This game reminded me of Donovan's first game against Warren Sapp and the Bucs, 5 had about 70 yards passing and sacked 10 times...

He will be benched soon

Considering the guy we are about to start tonight couldn’t usurp old JP or a guy who never played football before, now I’m really concerned how Dillard will play tonight. 

9 hours ago, Diehardfan said:

Yes, they don’t have an heir apparent AND the Titans aren’t as dominant this year.

Carson only needs to start 12 games and play part of 13 for us to get the 1st. If they’re 4-6 after 10 games I think they’ll still be in the AFC South hunt.

55 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Yes, they don’t have an heir apparent AND the Titans aren’t as dominant this year.

Carson only needs to start 12 games and play part of 13 for us to get the 1st. If they’re 4-6 after 10 games I think they’ll still be in the AFC South hunt.

Basically 3/4 of the 13th game.  Might as well focus on 13 as the target, as he's already missed a few snaps.

Archived