Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

So basically 1 in the top 10 2 in the teens. Those teens are where Howie gets sketchy. Hopefully he moves 1 of them for a 1st next year

Don’t know if he’s keeping them. Still a chance he’s going after one of these veteran quarterbacks. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wentz wanted the money the Eagles gave him that’s all we really know because he signed a contract. The Eagles wanted a player who they could count on in the playoffs. They didn’t get that, so they drafted some insurance so they didn’t have to go with a 40 something year old backup. Maybe if Wentz handled the drafting of Hurts like Rodgers handled the drafting of that kid in the first round it never would have happened. You can try to excuse it away all you like with assumptions, but the bottom line is Wentz requested a trade. Ben Simmons signed an extension with the Sixers. It doesn’t mean he ever truly wanted to play for them. 

this was the breaking point. 

3 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

this was the breaking point. 

Then that sounds like a failing in the player. Once again if the player was available at times when the team needed him most it never would have been an issue and Hurts would not have been drafted. That was Howie’s breaking point. Seriously do all of you guys really fail to realize that when Wentz was the quarterback the best stuff happened when he wasn’t there? 

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Don’t know if he’s keeping them. Still a chance he’s going after one of these veteran quarterbacks. 

I can tell you if they dump all these picks into Wilson or whoever I'm done. Not being a fan but, I'm not putting anymore of my time or money into the 2022 season or until Howie is gone. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Then that sounds like a failing in the player. Once again if the player was available at times when the team needed him most it never would have been an issue and Hurts would not have been drafted. That was Howie’s breaking point. Seriously do all of you guys really fail to realize that when Wentz was the quarterback the best stuff happened when he wasn’t there? 

i agree it was a failure on wentz to wilt like that, but that doesn't change the fact that drafting hurts period in the 2nd round was stupid. 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I can tell you if they dump all these picks into Wilson or whoever I'm done. Not being a fan but, I'm not putting anymore of my time or money into the 2022 season or until Howie is gone. 

You might be waiting a long time then bud. This dude survived 4 coaching changes and two of those guys went to the SB. Somehow he always escapes the blame for what goes bad around the Eagles despite having his finger basically in everything involving them. 

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

He has to nail not trading for a QB or else it will set back your fandom...for years!

4 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i agree it was a failure on wentz to wilt like that, but that doesn't change the fact that drafting hurts period in the 2nd round was stupid. 

I’m not going to argue about drafting Hurts. The Eagles have been pretty clueless with their second round picks for a while now taking projects, backups, and injured players. They have a long history of messing that pick up. They use 2nds for backups and projects on an injury prone players, on an older roster that lacks talent. All I’m stating is let’s be clear the Eagles never wanted to get rid of Wentz despite all this. Wentz wanted out. 

17 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Wentz wanted the money the Eagles gave him that’s all we really know because he signed a contract. The Eagles wanted a player who they could count on in the playoffs. They didn’t get that, so they drafted some insurance so they didn’t have to go with a 40 something year old backup. Maybe if Wentz handled the drafting of Hurtts like Rodgers handled the drafting of that kid in the first round it never would have happened. You can try to excuse it away all you like with assumptions, but the bottom line is Wentz requested a trade. Ben Simmons signed an extension with the Sixers. It doesn’t mean he ever truly wanted to play for them. 

The Packers drafted Bryan Brohm in the 2nd Round and Matt Flynn in the 7th the year that Rodgers became starter too, Rodgers threw for 4038 yards and a 93.8 passer rating and Brohm went to Buffalo a year later.

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m not going to argue about drafting Hurts. The Eagles have been pretty clueless with their second round picks for a while now taking projects, backups, and injured players. They have a long history of messing that pick up. They use seconds for backups and projects on an injury prone, older roster that lacks talent. All I’m stating is let’s be clear the Eagles never wanted to get rid of Wentz despite all this. Wentz wanted out. 

i am with you there. my point was simply that drafting hurts was the breaking point. wentz didn't handle it well at all and his play showed it. 

at least there's very good chance to get a 1st rounder in return for him. i will cross my fingers and everything else i have hoping howie doesnt sheet the bed with these picks next year. 

3 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

The Packers drafted Bryan Brohm in the 2nd Round and Matt Flynn in the 7th the year that Rodgers became starter too, Rodgers threw for 4038 yards and a 93.8 passer rating and Brohm went to Buffalo a year later.

It’s not that difficult for an elite talent to overcome all this stuff. Carson didn’t do that, just like he fails to clean up his reckless play with the football and his body. 

2 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

i am with you there. my point was simply that drafting hurts was the breaking point. wentz didn't handle it well at all and his play showed it. 

at least there's very good chance to get a 1st rounder in return for him. i will cross my fingers and everything else i have hoping howie doesnt sheet the bed with these picks next year. 

I’m only stating that Hurts doesn’t get drafted if Wentz doesn’t leave that playoff game with an injury and they are relying on a 41 year old with a torn off the bone Quad as their only option, because they can’t afford anything else due to the fact they paid Wentz. The biggest mistake in all of this was Howie giving Wentz that contract when he already knew Wentz has struggled to be there in the playoffs for them. 

I didn't like the Hurtz pick but I didn't think for a second the pick would cause Wentz to have a total meltdown. I can't blame Howie for that.

I'm also starting to think we bring in one of the vet QB's rather then drafting one in the first round. I think Howie is decent at making deals and managing cap but I don't trust his ability to draft young talent. So while I would prefer we draft a young QB I just don't see Howie being able to do that this draft with the talent available and I don't trust him to get it right the following draft. So maybe the best thing that could happen, especially if we want to be more competitive next year, is to bring in a veteran QB.

10 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m not going to argue about drafting Hurts. The Eagles have been pretty clueless with their second round picks for a while now taking projects, backups, and injured players. They have a long history of messing that pick up. They use 2nds for backups and projects on an injury prone players, on an older roster that lacks talent. All I’m stating is let’s be clear the Eagles never wanted to get rid of Wentz despite all this. Wentz wanted out. 

What's funny is the idea of drafting a QB as insurance in itself isn't a bad one, we see other organizations do it.  I agree, Wentz should have responded by performing better.  If that got in his ego or psyche and he can't handle competition that's a problem.  The Packers drafted a 1st round QB and Rodgers balled out.

It was strange coming off giving him the big contract though, and there were a lot of needs on the team.  They could have signed another veteran as insurance and/or drafted a later round QB.  

Howie simply can't evaluate college talent or stick to a board without wanting to make some splash.  Or he focuses on some theme like speed or athleticism.  He doesn't know what he's doing.

Just now, Alpha_TATEr said:

i wonder what wouldve happened with that pick if clowney didnt cheapshot wentz. 

I wonder what would have happened if Wentz just threw the ball at the feet of the running back on that blown up screen pass rather than trying to make a play and got "cheap shot” by Clowney. Just like in the Titans game all he had to do was throw it at the feet of the line (Foles used to do that on screens all the time) but instead Wentz tried to make a play. The fact he is still doing that proves he hasn’t learned. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

I wonder what would have happened if Wentz just threw the ball at the feet of the running back on that blown up screen pass rather than trying to make a play and got "cheap shot” by Clowney. Just like in the Titans game all he had to do was throw it at the feet of the line (Foles used to do that on screens all the time) but instead Wentz tried to make a play. The fact he is still doing that proves he hasn’t learned. 

wow, you obviously have some major wentz bias. 

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

What's funny is the idea of drafting a QB as insurance in itself isn't a bad one, we see other organizations do it.  I agree, Wentz should have responded by performing better.  If that got in his ego or psyche and he can't handle competition that's a problem.  The Packers drafted a 1st round QB and Rodgers balled out.

It was strange coming off giving him the big contract though, and there were a lot of needs on the team.  They could have signed another veteran as insurance and/or drafted a later round QB.  

Howie simply can't evaluate college talent or stick to a board without wanting to make some splash.  Or he focuses on some theme like speed or athleticism.  He doesn't know what he's doing.

No to mention that Hurts was and still is a major project. He would not have been close to being ready if Wentz went down in the playoffs. It seems like the better idea would have been to take a guy who better matches Carson’s skill set than someone this different, but I do think the Eagles actually spent a 2nd on a guy they thought they could use like Taysom Hill as well which is completely dumb. They used a 2nd on a guy they hoped to use like the guy the Saints picked off the scrap heap. Howie doing dumb things with draftpicks? No surprise there really. 

1 minute ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

wow, you obviously have some major wentz bias. 

It’s just the truth. He doesn’t take that risk he’s still in that game. Why people have such a hard time speaking the truth when it comes to Wentz rather than blame everyone else but him for everything is beyond me. 

8 minutes ago, Thing3 said:

I didn't like the Hurtz pick but I didn't think for a second the pick would cause Wentz to have a total meltdown. I can't blame Howie for that.

I'm also starting to think we bring in one of the vet QB's rather then drafting one in the first round. I think Howie is decent at making deals and managing cap but I don't trust his ability to draft young talent. So while I would prefer we draft a young QB I just don't see Howie being able to do that this draft with the talent available and I don't trust him to get it right the following draft. So maybe the best thing that could happen, especially if we want to be more competitive next year, is to bring in a veteran QB.

I do feel like Howie believes this team is a quarterback away from being a contender unfortunately so I think he is probably going to do exactly what you wrote while the roster basically crumbles around that vet quarterback. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s just the truth. He doesn’t take that risk he’s still in that game. Why people have such a hard time speaking the truth when it comes to Wentz rather than blame everyone else but him for everything is beyond me. 

i have zero issue with him trying to make a play there.

why some such a hard time excepting the truth that not everything bad that happened was wentz's fault is beyond me. 

Just now, Alpha_TATEr said:

why some such a hard time excepting the truth that not everything bad that happened was wentz's fault is beyond me. 

You may have zero issues with it, but the Eagles did and that’s why Hurts was drafted. Bottom line is if he doesn’t try to play Hero ball there he doesn’t get the "cheap shot.” For the record the player wasn’t penalized, fined, or suspended for the play. For the record I thought it was a cheap shot, but you know something? It wasn’t the first time the Seahawks did that to Wentz, because they knew he never really gives up on a play to the keep attacking him till he goes down. He could’ve thrown it away. He could have just went down when the DB was in his face. He tried to get two unnecessary yards and it cost him the rest of the game and put in motion the mess we are in now. Ignore it if you want to though.

3 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

Because someone has to be the bogeyman, why not the QB.

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I do feel like Howie believes this team is a quarterback away from being a contender unfortunately so I think he is probably going to do exactly what you wrote while the roster basically crumbles around that vet quarterback. 

That's exactly why I think they are going to get QB this year and if that's the case I would prefer getting a vet. Not that I like it. I would prefer they have more patience and work on improving other positions. Like you said, I feel Howie thinks we're a QB and a few lower round draft picks away from greatness.

33 minutes ago, NOTW said:

He has to nail not trading for a QB or else it will set back your fandom...for years!

That deserves a like and a quote 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

Archived