Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

That’s like ESP saying the Eagles won the joint practices or will win 10 games. Or Eskimo saying the Eagles were trading for Watson. Most important part was his doubt the Colts FO and coaching staff would even attempt it, because they won’t. 

The point is, this is not some idea on the EMB.  The idea is very real, and to think the Colts FO, coach and QB have not had the discussion is absurd.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The point is, this is not some idea on the EMB.  The idea is very real, and to think the Colts FO, coach and QB have not had the discussion is absurd.

The absurd idea is for them to bench a quarterback for 3-4 games while the season is still salvageable unless they don’t believe in that quarterback. Tell me where this idea ever happened. Don’t even say last season, because the Eagles did it for a half of a game and look what happened. They were ripped by the league. Also the last time Wentz got benched he wanted out. He’s certainly not going to willingly do that again. I thought you guys were Wentz fans. Obviously not, cause you think he’s a chump. 

17 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The absurd idea is for them to bench a quarterback for 3-4 games while the season is still salvageable unless they don’t believe in that quarterback. Tell me where this idea ever happened. Don’t even say last season, because the Eagles did it for a half of a game and look what happened. They were ripped by the league. Also the last time Wentz got benched he wanted out. He’s certainly not going to willingly do that again. I thought you guys were Wentz fans. Obviously not, cause you think he’s a chump. 

Never once have I said benched.  He will have an 'injury" and have season ending surgery.  Teams do it with rookies all the time.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Never once have I said benched.  He will have an 'injury" and have season ending surgery.  Teams do it with rookies all the time.

They do it with rookies.  Not a vet who they traded for to be the future, and who has proven to have an easily damaged ego. 

4 minutes ago, nipples said:

They do it with rookies.  Not a vet who they traded for to be the future, and who has proven to have an easily damaged ego. 

His ego wont be damaged because they discussed it ahead of time and planned it.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

This is the stuff that’s all in your mind. First off there is no proof they are discussing this with Wentz. It’s completely unheard of what you’re even suggesting. Besides no type A personality player who already has a bad history due to backup quarterbacks would willingly sit especially one who already has a distrust for front offices. You still don’t seem to realize that the Colts aren’t sold on Wentz yet either. He’s still trying to prove himself with that team. It literally makes no sense to bench Wentz unless they don’t think he’s their guy. 

12 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Wentz first off isn’t a rookie. Secondly he doesn’t have a surgery needing injury. He already had one of those and he fought back to start week one, but now you think a good Christian man who overcame Covid, a surgery, and two sprained ankles to play would suddenly fake an injury? Like I wrote earlier you don’t think that highly of Carson Wentz. 

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

This is the stuff that’s all in your mind. First off there is no proof they are discussing this with Wentz. It’s completely unheard of what you’re even suggesting. Besides no type A personality player who already has a bad history due to backup quarterbacks would willingly sit especially one who already has a distrust for front offices. You still don’t seem to realize that the Colts aren’t sold on Wentz yet either. He’s still trying to prove himself with that team. It literally makes no sense to bench Wentz unless they don’t think he’s their guy. 

I don’t know how many times I have to explain this to you. I have never once said they will bench him. He will go on injured reserve and it will be a plan agreed to buy everybody.

8 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Did they?  If you repeat this often enough, do you think that will make it true?

18 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I don’t know how many times I have to explain this to you. I have never once said they will bench him. He will go on injured reserve and it will be a plan agreed to buy everybody.

You can keep writing it. It doesn’t make it a fact. It’s still outlandish. You are saying he’s going on IR with no injuries. It’s utter nonsense and if you believe Wentz would be down with that farce then again you’re not the Wentz fan you think you are. 

2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Miami fleeced the Texans and the 49ers, but we really fleeced them right back. They clearly wanted Chase or Pitts. Both were gone. Waddle is at best a toss up with Smith and on top we get what looks like a nailed on top 5 pick as well.🤣

I did expect Miami to take a step back this year. But I definitely didn't predict this level of ineptitude!

I never quite understood why the Dolphins made that trade with the Eagles. As an Eagles fan, I thought the trade was a no brainer. I still wish the Eagles had also taken the deal the Bears offered the Giants because the Bears are going to be a disaster and that is going to be another really high pick. 

41 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The Colts are still in the wild card race and with Henry going down... maybe still in the division race. I can't see them shutting Wentz down if they have a shot at the playoffs.

"The Carson Wentz experiment was fun while it lasted, wasn’t it? We’ll always have that Bomb Cyclone in San Francisco, and those victories over a bad team from Miami and a worse one from Houston. But we’re reaching the point where this experiment needs an expiration date, and while that date cannot be Thursday against the New York Jets for obvious reasons – the Colts have obviously screwed up their quarterback room beyond recognition – this experiment needs to end soon.

You know it and I know it, and you know the Philadelphia Eagles are terrified right now, because it’s not just the Colts’ future riding on this decision; the Eagles are invested heavily as well. It’s because of the trade that brought Wentz here, and while this contractual stuff can make your eyes glaze over, bear with me for one moment...  [indystar.com]”

https://www.phillyvoice.com/carson-wentz-benching-colts-indianapolis-media-eagles-trade-draft-picks/

So as misleading as downudermike is trying to make it out the truth is Doyle (who already has ripped Wentz earlier in the season) wants Wentz benched AND this "experiment” to end because he doesn’t believe Wentz is the guy. There’s no secret behind the scenes handshake going on here. He’s come to the realization that Carson Wentz isn’t good enough and basically wants him gone. 

3 minutes ago, shlo said:

The Colts are still in the wild card race and with Henry going down... maybe still in the division race. I can't see them shutting Wentz down if they have a shot at the playoffs.

They aren’t going to shut Wentz down unless he’s out there throwing into triple coverage again in his next few games. If he completely falls apart over the next couple of games they won’t be putting him on fake IR. They will be benching him and sending him packing in the off-season. 

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

I think you’re speculating too much on this. Players don’t care about draft picks and especially wouldn’t want to be on the sidelines because of it. They’re elite competitors. You saw how upset Eagles players looked week 17 last year 

Reich won't bench Wentz.  Look how Wentz responded to being benched in Philly.  If they bench him he is done with the Colts and I just don't see them doing that given what they have seen this year and what the QB class looks like in the draft.

6 hours ago, proveagle said:

Reich won't bench Wentz.  Look how Wentz responded to being benched in Philly.  If they bench him he is done with the Colts and I just don't see them doing that given what they have seen this year and what the QB class looks like in the draft.

Would take a colossal collapse in Wentz play for that to happen. Even with his boneheaded mistakes last week, overall he has been playing fine. Certainly well enough to not get benched for 6th round rookie QB

What I find most humorous has been these beanbaggers crying about this guy and how the Eagles need him back failing to realize the Eagles and Colts have the same record. 😂🤣😂

12 hours ago, proveagle said:

Reich won't bench Wentz because Reich is the guy who made the Wentz deal happen. He staked his job on Wentz as the franchise guy.  Plus the Colts are very much in the AFC playoff picture with the Jets up next on Thursday night; the rest of their season includes the Texans and two games against the Jags.  Oh, and the only other QB on the active roster is a rookie who's never thrown an NFL pass. 

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

Reich won't bench Wentz because Reich is the guy who made the Wentz deal happen. He staked his job on Wentz as the franchise guy.  Plus the Colts are very much in the AFC playoff picture with the Jets up next on Thursday night; the rest of their season includes the Texans and two games against the Jags.  Oh, and the only other QB on the active roster is a rookie who's never thrown an NFL pass. 

Ironically the Eagles are also still in the playoff picture and the team currently holding the final WC slot they have already beaten. They also have a favorable schedule coming up. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Ironically the Eagles are also still in the playoff picture and the team currently holding the final WC slot they have already beaten. They also have a favorable schedule coming up. 

Yep, favourable schedule is putting it mildly. Outside of the chargers next week, we may not play another decent team this year. Saints could be on their 3rd string QB and cowboys might be resting their starters. The rest of who we play are probably teams picking in the top-10 next year. 

Wow the teams in contention for the 7 seed suck. If Seattle had Wilson they'd take it easily. Who takes it? The Niners?

10 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

While I agree the Colts are highly unlikely to announce they are "benching" Wentz, if going into game 13 against the Texans they are unrealistic to make the playoffs, I refuse to be surprised if they discover Wentz has some vague "injury" that requires him to sit the rest of the year.  I am definitely rooting for them to beat the Jets and Jax the next two weeks.

7 hours ago, BayAreaLennie said:

While I agree the Colts are highly unlikely to announce they are "benching" Wentz, if going into game 13 against the Texans they are unrealistic to make the playoffs, I refuse to be surprised if they discover Wentz has some vague "injury" that requires him to sit the rest of the year.  I am definitely rooting for them to beat the Jets and Jax the next two weeks.

There is no way Wentz agrees to having some "vague injury” because he’s a competitor. Jalen Hurts and the entire Eagles roster was angry the Eagles sat him for a half. You really believe the entire. Lots roster would be happy sitting Wentz for multiple games? Worse what happens if the kid comes in and looks good? Suddenly Wentz doesn’t look so good anymore. No player would ever agree to that nonsense. 

Archived