Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

58 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Looks like it. I think this game might be the first time I will be cheer-leading for Wentz to have a good game and win.

If they lose, I think they will seriously start considering benching and moving on from Wentz.

Good news is he has some weak opponents coming up. He generally does decent enough against bad teams. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They had their chance to lower his snap percentage 2 weeks in a row when they had the game in the bag but, they still sent Wentz out there to just hand the football off. Hell even we sent Minshew out there in a blow out. 

Seems pretty obvious they are letting him play this out. Most of this benching stuff is media driven and silly speculation. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah I doubt that. If they bench Wentz they’re asking for trouble on so many levels not to mention the player himself. Wentz was the cost of that first. If they’re benching him it means he’s not their guy. He’s not willingly going on IR for a fake injury. It’s foolish to even consider. 

Agree to disagree.

There’s literally no doubt in my mind they’ll ever give up a top 15 pick if they’re out of the running for a wildcard spot. 

In Indy it is already rumored they’re a split on Carson being the guy. If decision makers have seen enough and don’t feel he can get them to the post season, they’ll pull the plug no matter what Reich believes.

But hey, it’s just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Ray75 said:

Be careful with that thought. 

Once the Colts realise they’re out of the play-off race, they’ll do everything in their power to preserve that first rounder. Benching Wentz, putting him on IR, you name it.

Best case scenario; they’re in the hunt till the bitter end but don’t make the post season. A pick in that 15-17 range will come our way.

I don‘t believe it.

I think unless Wentz gets truly hurt, ge will play. Which is why I will hope for losses every week.

Given their opponents they will win enough anyways though.

23 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Agree to disagree.

If he doesn‘t get hurt for real, we will get that first rounder no matter what.

My opinion, but I feel pretty sure.

45 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

They won't be out of a wild card spot by the time it matters, which is about halftime of their game against Houston.  Let's say they go 2-2 up until that game (pretty likely).  At 5-7 they are not out of a WC spot.  If they are beating Houston at halftime of that game.....then they certainly won't pull him.  I can see if it comes down to the last two games of the year...sure.  But if he stays healthy and doesn't miss time, the threshold will be met long before it would be a reasonable time for them to bail on the season.  

Exactly! 👊🏻

1 hour ago, Ray75 said:

Agree to disagree.

There’s literally no doubt in my mind they’ll ever give up a top 15 pick if they’re out of the running for a wildcard spot. 

In Indy it is already rumored they’re a split on Carson being the guy. If decision makers have seen enough and don’t feel he can get them to the post season, they’ll pull the plug no matter what Reich believes.

That scenario likely doesn't play out.  With only 4 more games to go for Wentz to hit his snap count needed. 

3 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Agree to disagree.

There is the key. They aren’t benching him if they’re sold on him. They’re benching him if they’re not.

2 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

There is the key. They aren’t benching him if they’re sold on him. They’re benching him if they’re not.

They are basically doing what we are doing with Hurts. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They are basically doing what we are doing with Hurts. 

Exactly. Funny you wrote this. I was about to post on the Hurts bench poll our buddy should make a new poll saying who gets benched first. 😂

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Seems pretty obvious they are letting him play this out. Most of this benching stuff is media driven and silly speculation. 

Teams just don't pull the best player they have at a position for a higher draft pick.  Seems some forget the heat DP got pulling Hurtz and putting in Sudfeld at the end of last season. Any benching of Wentz is going to be seen as not trying your best to win because of draft pick implications. If Wentz or the coaches would be willing to fake an injury then one seriously has to question their willingness to win. How does that conversation even get started? It likely ends like this:

what-you-talkin-bout.jpg

I agree, Most of this benching stuff is media driven and silly speculation. 

Discount double check just got Covid. Hopefully this doesn’t become a factor for the pick. We already know Wentz isn’t vaccinated, but Rodgers being out shows that this thing hasn’t gone away. 

Discount double check just got Covid. Hopefully this doesn’t become a factor for the pick. We already know Wentz isn’t vaccinated, but Rodgers being out shows that this thing hasn’t gone away. 

We all know Wentz isn't vaccinated. Do we also know whether he is circumcised or not?

15 minutes ago, Big___Al said:

We all know Wentz isn't vaccinated. Do we also know whether he is circumcised or not?

Don't care to know.

4 hours ago, Big___Al said:

Not being vaccinated could keep him out of games and potentially hurt our chances for the first, but hey why don’t you ask one of his worshippers. They spend a lot of time on their knees kissing his beanbag so they should know. 

Not being vaccinated could keep him out of games and potentially hurt our chances for the first, but hey why don’t you ask one of his worshippers. The spend a lot of time on their knees kissing his beanbag so they should know. 

You got issues man 😂

On 11/3/2021 at 5:21 AM, downundermike said:

I heard it talked about  on ESPN, Mikey Miss show, and by John Clayton up here on Seattle radio yesterday.  People who don’t think this is a real idea are being naive.

Fwiw my reply to you was about Wentz being involved in talks of a contingency plan to preserve the pick. It’s possible that Colts front office had discussed it with coaching staff, but I seriously doubt Wentz was involved in those talks and agreed to contingency plan.

If they would sit Wentz to keep 1st round pick, nobody would do any conditional trade with them ever after...that is way I don't think they will sit him if he is healthy

On 11/3/2021 at 5:28 AM, EazyEaglez said:

The Colts had ample opportunity to bench/IR Wentz at the start of the season between his foot and his ankles. It would have been more than justified if he didn’t play. There’s no way after all of that they’re going to make a fake injury now with important games still in play. In the end what is more important. Preserving a 1st that could end up being anything or ensuring the quarterback you have on the roster can be the guy or not? The choice seems pretty obvious. 

You certainly make a valid point, but what you elide past without any consideration is that there are scenarios in which by week 13, the Colts do not have "important games still in play", which happen to be the most tantalizing scenarios for the Eagles where that draft pick is extremely high.  The Colts could be 3-9 or 4-8 going into game 13, literally or virtually eliminated from catching a Tennessee team that holds the tiebreaker (because they swept them), and very unrealistic to catch up to a wildcard berth.  Certainly it's not likely, but it's at least in the realm of possibility.

And it wouldn't necessarily have to be a fake injury -- it could just be something that has been nagging him (maybe that ankle?) and needs to get taken care of.  "Look, Carson, your ankle is still bothering you and we are not realistically in this playoff race ... why don't we get that ankle surgery now, give you plenty of time to strengthen it for next season, and come back next year with an OT or WR we pick up high in the first round?"

6 minutes ago, BayAreaLennie said:

You certainly make a valid point, but what you elide past without any consideration is that there are scenarios in which by week 13, the Colts do not have "important games still in play", which happen to be the most tantalizing scenarios for the Eagles where that draft pick is extremely high.  The Colts could be 3-9 or 4-8 going into game 13, literally or virtually eliminated from catching a Tennessee team that holds the tiebreaker (because they swept them), and very unrealistic to catch up to a wildcard berth.  Certainly it's not likely, but it's at least in the realm of possibility.

And it wouldn't necessarily have to be a fake injury -- it could just be something that has been nagging him (maybe that ankle?) and needs to get taken care of.  "Look, Carson, your ankle is still bothering you and we are not realistically in this playoff race ... why don't we get that ankle surgery now, give you plenty of time to strengthen it for next season, and come back next year with an OT or WR we pick up high in the first round?"

The Colts will probably win their next two games. They will still be in play. The bigger issue here is Carson doesn’t have a relationship with this team yet. It would be difficult for them to fake an injury with the player (not that I even think Carson would ever agree to something like that anyway) when the organization themselves are still evaluating Carson himself. Can you really say the Colts are 100% committed at this time to Carson Wentz? Seriously what has he done for the Colts to convince them he’s their guy moving forward? Beat a bunch of bad teams? Lose to the only real divisional competition twice including some of the worst late game football ever done by a professional quarterback? Bottom line if Carson is benched it will be due to the Colts coming to a realization that he isn’t good enough to get them over the top. In short of Carson is indeed benched then he will not be a Colt in 2022.  

Watch the beanbaggers come back in force tonight talking about how badly we need Wentz after the Colts beat the Jets. 😂🤣😂

11 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The Colts will probably win their next two games. They will still be in play. The bigger issue here is Carson doesn’t have a relationship with this team yet. It would be difficult for them to fake an injury with the player (not that I even think Carson would ever agree to something like that anyway) when the organization themselves are still evaluating Carson himself. Can you really say the Colts are 100% committed at this time to Carson Wentz? Seriously what has he done for the Colts to convince them he’s their guy moving forward? Beat a bunch of bad teams? Lose to the only real divisional competition twice including some of the worst late game football ever done by a professional quarterback? Bottom line if Carson is benched it will be due to the Colts coming to a realization that he isn’t good enough to get them over the top. In short of Carson is indeed benched then he will not be a Colt in 2022.  

Colts started 1-5 Reich's first season there and then went on to the playoffs. The 3rd team in history to do so.  

So Reich most certainly is not going to give up with 4 games left if there is a glimmer of hope and especially when his coaching status is most likely tied to Wentz and his success. They are both going down swinging. 

8 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Watch the beanbaggers come back in force tonight talking about how badly we need Wentz after the Colts beat the Jets. 😂🤣😂

Well the Jets did just smack around the #1 seed in the AFC last weekend

Archived