Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

5 hours ago, Big___Al said:

Tick... tick... tick... tick... The clock is ticking on the yearly Wentz collapse. Only a matter of time.

Yahoo had a report claiming Carson was checking out of run plays again this year. Feels like it’s already begun. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yahoo had a report claiming Carson was checking out of run plays again this year. Feels like it’s already begun. 

For anyone who thinks Wentz is not the problem: take a look at the Colts forum.

Same apologies all over again. For some reason Wentz has to be the worst QB in the NFL until people are ready to lay some blame on him.

But that is coming. Again.

14 minutes ago, Infam said:

Same apologies all over again. For some reason Wentz has to be the worst QB in the NFL until people are ready to lay some blame on him.

That’s why I don’t get the bench him with a fake injury idea. The Eagles were 100% committed to Wentz and had to dump people to keep him. The Colts on the other hand are still evaluating if they want to keep him or not. He needs a full season just like Hurts does. If they pull the plug on Wentz it will be due to them thinking he’s not their guy.

15 minutes ago, Infam said:

As long as we get the Colts first, I don’t care! Just has to take the majority of the snaps the next 5 games and we are there.

22 minutes ago, Infam said:

Cowherd touched on this. Wentz is the most polarizing QB in recent memory. He has talent that is upper echelon - big, strong, awesome arm, and has real mobility.

There is a segment that looks at him and his talent and cannot give up on him because of it, because talent like that is rare. I was in that group for a long time.

The other segment sees his play and decision making and has come to the conclusion that his recklessness will always trump his enormous talent.

11 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

As long as we get the Colts first, I don’t care! Just has to take the majority of the snaps the next 5 games and we are there.

Not quite me.

I care, and I want them to lose. Not because I am petty, but because I want the best pick we can get.

40 minutes ago, Infam said:

Not quite me.

I care, and I want them to lose. Not because I am petty, but because I want the best pick we can get.

The Colts have some very winnable games coming up so it’s likely the pick won’t be too 5. It might not even be top ten, but I still feel like it will be a decent pick. 

There is a lot I don’t like about Carson as a player. Mostly his poor decision making and his willingness to be far too risky with the football and his body which is why I’m glad he’s gone, but on thing I’ve never questioned was his integrity. For these people who are willingly saying this guy would fake an injury to keep a pick for that organization a stating that very thing. You all think far less of Carson Wentz than I do. 

49 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Cowherd touched on this. Wentz is the most polarizing QB in recent memory. He has talent that is upper echelon - big, strong, awesome arm, and has real mobility.

There is a segment that looks at him and his talent and cannot give up on him because of it, because talent like that is rare. I was in that group for a long time.

The other segment sees his play and decision making and has come to the conclusion that his recklessness will always trump his enormous talent.

Jay Cutler had all the talent in the world, one of the biggest arms I've seen in the NFL and could make all the throws, but his decision making and intangibles were never at the same level as his mechanics and strength. 

Wentz has a similar problem in that some of his talents are far more developed than others and it's the ones you can't teach where he's lacking.

On 11/1/2021 at 5:37 PM, downundermike said:

Colts couldn't possibly bench Carson Wentz to preserve 1st round pick, well the Indianapolis Star disagrees.

Who cares what the Indianapolis Star says? 

9 minutes ago, greend said:

I heard it talked about  on ESPN, Mikey Miss show, and by John Clayton up here on Seattle radio yesterday.  People who don’t think this is a real idea are being naive.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I heard it talked about  on ESPN, Mikey Miss show, and by John Clayton up here on Seattle radio yesterday.  People who don’t think this is a real idea are being naive.

People have opinions, including talking heads. Just because talking heads say something doesn't mean it's any more real than you or I saying it. That said of course it's a possibility, but it would be a very scumbag move.

16 minutes ago, greend said:

Can you imagine, the Eagles would protest to the league and there isn't a GM in the league that would accept a conditional pick offer from the Colts while Ballard was in the job.

1 minute ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Can you imagine, the Eagles would protest to the league and there isn't a GM in the league that would accept a conditional pick offer from the Colts while Ballard was in the job.

Also the absolute last thing any of those coaches want is a qb controversy that involves Wentz

38 minutes ago, greend said:

Also the absolute last thing any of those coaches want is a qb controversy that involves Wentz

Not to mention losing their jobs by giving up on a season while they are still in the hunt for a playoff spot. 

2 hours ago, Infam said:

Not quite me.

Be careful with that thought. 

Once the Colts realise they’re out of the play-off race, they’ll do everything in their power to preserve that first rounder. Benching Wentz, putting him on IR, you name it.

Best case scenario; they’re in the hunt till the bitter end but don’t make the post season. A pick in that 15-17 range will come our way.

1 minute ago, Ray75 said:

Be careful with that thought. 

Once the Colts realise they’re out of the play-off race, they’ll do everything in their power to preserve that first rounder. Benching Wentz, putting him on IR, you name it.

Best case scenario; they’re in the hunt till the bitter end but don’t make the post season. A pick at around 15-17 will come our way.

Yeah I doubt that. If they bench Wentz they’re asking for trouble on so many levels not to mention the player himself. Wentz was the cost of that first. If they’re benching him it means he’s not their guy. He’s not willingly going on IR for a fake injury. It’s foolish to even consider. 

2 hours ago, Infam said:

i know it's crazy,  his decision making is mind-blogging like he throws in double coverage, he shovel passes right in a linebackers hands like what qb does that? im just so glad we got rid of him.

16 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

Not to mention losing their jobs by giving up on a season while they are still in the hunt for a playoff spot. 

The Colts had ample opportunity to bench/IR Wentz at the start of the season between his foot and his ankles. It would have been more than justified if he didn’t play. There’s no way after all of that they’re going to make a fake injury now with important games still in play. In the end what is more important. Preserving a 1st that could end up being anything or ensuring the quarterback you have on the roster can be the guy or not? The choice seems pretty obvious. 

It's a tricky situation. I think if Wentz stinks it up and they lose to the Jets, the Wentz skeptics in their FO will be emboldened.

At that point it's job preservation mode, Reich might get thrown under the bus by the GM for advocating for Wentz.

2 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

It's a tricky situation. I think if Wentz stinks it up and they lose to the Jets, the Wentz skeptics in their FO will be emboldened.

At that point it's job preservation mode, Reich might get thrown under the bus by the GM for advocating for Wentz.

If that is the case then it comes down to Wentz ultimately being let go. Benching Wentz in that scenario means he’s not their guy which is certainly more plausible than this idea of the team and Carson coming together to fake some injury nonsense. Wentz is either their quarterback or he isn’t. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

If that is the case then it comes down to Wentz ultimately being let go. Benching Wentz in that scenario means he’s not their guy which is certainly more plausible than this idea of the team and Carson coming together to fake some injury nonsense. Wentz is either their quarterback or he isn’t. 

Looks like it. I think this game might be the first time I will be cheer-leading for Wentz to have a good game and win.

If they lose, I think they will seriously start considering benching and moving on from Wentz.

1 hour ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

That’s what I’ve been saying forever now. This is also the same team/GM that was spurned by McDaniels. Ballard was rightfully hot over that saying the rivalry is back on. He looks like a huge hypocrite if he shows he’s not a man of his word either. 

Last year, the Colts stuck with Rivers who has a history of games like Wentz had Sunday. It's kind of a thing with the way Wentz plays football. It's similar to Mahomes and Favre in that they take a lot of chances with ill-advised throws. They tend to get away with them more often than the opposite because defenders are more often playing with their back to the football. 

Before Wentz threw the INT in OT, he did lead them back from behind to get to that point. On the season, he really hasn't had a lot of turnovers. It's not a surprise he gets a reminder why you don't make that throw at the end of a game. But his overall play doesn't warrant benching.

52 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

They had their chance to lower his snap percentage 2 weeks in a row when they had the game in the bag but, they still sent Wentz out there to just hand the football off. Hell even we sent Minshew out there in a blow out. 

Archived