Carson Wentz and the Colts pick - officially #16 (topic closed)

EazyEaglez

24 minutes ago, barho said:

Unless Wentz gets hurt, pick is all but ours

I’ll give the pick back for Wentz. Not looking like a great trade trade for the Eagles. Can’t wait to see what bust Howie drafts with the Indy pick. 

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

I’ll give the pick back for Wentz. Not looking like a great trade trade for the Eagles. Can’t wait to see what bust Howie drafts with the Indy pick. 

Got to hit on one eventually. It's like playing the lottery. 

And we can be sure Wentz does not want to come back here. 

4 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

And Wentz has not proven he can beat the good teams. 

And Hurts has proven he can’t beat bad teams. 

4 minutes ago, wrestlevessel said:

And Wentz has not proven he can beat the good teams. 

I remember when John Elway couldn't win a Super Bowl. 

This is how many times now the Colts could have sat Wentz at the end of games? Like others have said, all the talk about preserving the first rounder seems to be all media and fan driven. If he were playing like 2020 then yeah, I could absolutely see them benching him to keep that pick.

1 hour ago, kiwieagle said:

Well he won’t be playing 100% of the snaps this week…damn

Well this didn’t age well…

Thank you Josh Johnson for your best Jalen Hurts impression of some good garbage time play to keep it somewhat interesting. Win for the Eagles!

5 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

This is how many times now the Colts could have sat Wentz at the end of games? Like others have said, all the talk about preserving the first rounder seems to be all media and fan driven. If he were playing like 2020 then yeah, I could absolutely see them benching him to keep that pick.

I'll still maintain my current position. Barring a new injury, exacerbating his current injury, or just completely ishing the bed, they are not sitting him if he's healthy, (by football standards) and playing well.

Yeah, this game did the trick. They aren’t going to pull him.

They’ll win against Jax and trash teams like they did today, but get rolled against the better teams. 

Should net us a top 12ish pick, barring injury.

4 hours ago, It Hurts said:

Still obsessed I see 

Oh look who’s back! I knew you would climb out of your self pity rock when you boy beat up the hapless Jets. At least have the stones to be there for your guy when the was at his lowest. You Wentz beanbaggers are a bunch of fair weather losers. Only show your faces when your boy beats up on the crap teams in the league. I’m done with you. In short don’t be a fair weather beanbagger. 

3 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

I’m not the biggest fan of Howie Roseman, but when are you people going to realize that Wentz wanted out, and this pick was the best Howie could get? 

Wentz most definitely playing much better this year under Reich than he did last year here under Doug.  They aren't going to pull him, so we should get their 2022 1st. 

43 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Wentz most definitely playing much better this year under Reich than he did last year here under Doug.  They aren't going to pull him, so we should get their 2022 1st. 

The only thing that could prevent that from happening at this point will be either him getting a legit injury or something Covid related. Odds seem pretty reasonable at this point the pick will be the first. 

20 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

The only thing that could prevent that from happening at this point will be either him getting a legit injury or something Covid related. Odds seem pretty reasonable at this point the pick will be the first. 

Yep I’d say odds favor it.  Question is where in the 1st that pick will be.  I don’t see it being top 10 as it has been when the season ends.  Hopefully closer to 11-15.  

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Yep I’d say odds favor it.  Question is where in the 1st that pick will be.  I don’t see it being top 10 as it has been when the season ends.  Hopefully closer to 11-15.  

Yeah I get the feeling it will be in the teens as well. Still a good pick to get though. Hopefully Roseman doesn’t screw it up. 

47 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah I get the feeling it will be in the teens as well. Still a good pick to get though. Hopefully Roseman doesn’t screw it up. 

So basically 1 in the top 10 2 in the teens. Those teens are where Howie gets sketchy. Hopefully he moves 1 of them for a 1st next year

For those interested... I believe the number is currently 99.17% of snaps played through 9 games. 

Over 17 games with the number of offensive snaps on average (67 rounded up) snaps per game... that's a total of 1139 snaps.  Let's round that up to 1150 snaps for the sake of argument and to have a bit of cushion... 75% of snaps would be 863 (rounded up). He's played 596 snaps.  So, he needs 267 more snaps.  That's just under 4 games worth of snaps... meaning (as previously projected) the magic game is Week 13.  If he plays all the snaps through out that game (and every game leading up to it), the pick is fairly secure by that point.

He has missed 5 snaps total this year, regardless of the blowout status.   I don't think the Colts have any intention of benching him to preserve the pick.  If they did, they'd have been pulling him from games for kneel downs and garbage time all season.  They haven't done it once.

7 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

For those interested... I believe the number is currently 99.17% of snaps played through 9 games. 

Over 17 games with the number of offensive snaps on average (67 rounded up) snaps per game... that's a total of 1139 snaps.  Let's round that up to 1150 snaps for the sake of argument and to have a bit of cushion... 75% of snaps would be 863 (rounded up). He's played 596 snaps.  So, he needs 267 more snaps.  That's just under 4 games worth of snaps... meaning (as previously projected) the magic game is Week 13.  If he plays all the snaps through out that game (and every game leading up to it), the pick is fairly secure by that point.

He has missed 5 snaps total this year, regardless of the blowout status.   I don't think the Colts have any intention of benching him to preserve the pick.  If they did, they'd have been pulling him from games for kneel downs and garbage time all season.  They haven't done it once.

In addition to that, their backup is a rookie 6th rounder I believe. Excellent chance he doesn't sustain drives as well as Wentz does, possibly lowering the average snaps per game taken.

5 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

In addition to that, their backup is a rookie 6th rounder I believe. Excellent chance he doesn't sustain drives as well as Wentz does, possibly lowering the average snaps per game taken.

They picked up Brett Hundley, I believe.

13 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

They picked up Brett Hundley, I believe.

I thought I heard he was cut.

Yeah, their roster only lists Wentz and Sam Ehlinger.

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I thought I heard he was cut.

Yeah, their roster only lists Wentz and Sam Ehlinger.

Oh... 🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m not the biggest fan of Howie Roseman, but when are you people going to realize that Wentz wanted out, and this pick was the best Howie could get? 

The only reason Wentz wanted out was because Howie jerked him around. Wentz obviously wanted to be an Eagle at one point since he signed an extension with them. It all started because Howie drafted Hurts in the 2nd round and then they (probably Howie) benched him for Hurts. Howie’s F’ed this team up in so many ways. 

On 11/5/2021 at 11:42 AM, Road to Victory said:

The only reason Wentz wanted out was because Howie jerked him around. Wentz obviously wanted to be an Eagle at one point since he signed an extension with them. It all started because Howie drafted Hurts in the 2nd round and then they (probably Howie) benched him for Hurts. Howie’s F’ed this team up in so many ways. 

What does it matter who benched him?  He was the worst QB statistically last year up until being benched.  He deserved to be benched because his play was horrendous.  

Colts won again so while it lowers the pick in the first it will also help keep the pick a first rounder if they have a shot at the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Road to Victory said:

Wentz wanted the money the Eagles gave him that’s all we really know because he signed a contract. The Eagles wanted a player who they could count on in the playoffs. They didn’t get that, so they drafted some insurance so they didn’t have to go with a 40 something year old backup. Maybe if Wentz handled the drafting of Hurtts like Rodgers handled the drafting of that kid in the first round it never would have happened. You can try to excuse it away all you like with assumptions, but the bottom line is Wentz requested a trade. Ben Simmons signed an extension with the Sixers. It doesn’t mean he ever truly wanted to play for them. 

Archived