EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

I doubt that the Eagles will see a lot of 2 high safety against the Bolts.   Leave one safety high, put the second safety just inside the numbers on Hurts' right side... about 10 yards from the LOS.... literally every play.  

Agreed. Just using that as a jumping off post as I have seen and heard a lot about their run defense and how Eagles will be able to run against them. Chargers were content with the likes of Dak, Mahomes, Carr etc taking the rush yards while trying to stop the big play. I don't think it will be so easy for the Eagles to "just run against them". 

1 minute ago, eagle45 said:

If the Colts bench Wentz to protect their pick, Howie has no right to be pissed, nor should any other teams hesitate to deal with the Colts.  JMO.  Those were the terms of the deal.

Now…Wentz, his agent, and the NFL players union might have something to say about it.  There have been a quite a few trades recently (we’ve been involved in THREE, all with qbs, in the last calendar year) that disincentivize the receiving team from using the involved player.  

When/if a big name player who is clearly the best qb on his team is bench due to the conditions of a trade, it could become an issue.  Again, not with teams, but with players, agents, and nflpa.

Not sure anyone in the league cares if Howie is pissed or will blame the Colts for not wanting to give up a first if it gets to the point. Howie is the idiot who made that deal. He should have given up a pick to guarantee a first or ask for a 2nd and another pick/player. Per usual he tries to be the smartest guy in the room and ends up being an idiot.

2 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

If I'm the Lions I'm trading out of that number one pick. 

Thibodeaux is generational and they could get a kings ranson. With all the holes they have I think thats there best option

If the Miami pick somehow becomes #1 and Howie passes on this kid…

4 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

If I'm the Lions I'm trading out of that number one pick. 

Thibodeaux is generational and they could get a kings ranson. With all the holes they have I think thats there best option

It’s the Lions so I’m guessing they are going to take a quarterback if they love one of the quarterbacks that’s sitting there at 1. They took Matt Stafford after they were 0-16. If they don’t love any of the quarterbacks they realistically like you said should trade out of that picks to get a boatload of picks because they’re not one player away. 

@Iggles_Phan

You are correct on that 40 yard throw from yesterday. It's the first drive near the goal line when he rolled right and overthrew Reagor. I think the pass lands in-bounds though so it was charted. 

2 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

If the Miami pick somehow becomes #1 and Howie passes on this kid…

I wouldn't be upset if Howie traded back a few spots if they got a massive haul.

Kyle Hamilton
    S Notre Dame

DeMarvin Leal
    DT Texas A&M

•  
    Aidan Hutchinson
    EDGE Michigan
    trade icon
  •  
    Kenyon Green
    OG Texas A&M
    trade icon
  •  
    Kingsley Enagbare
    EDGE South Carolina

•  
    Kenny Pickett
    QB Pittsburgh
    trade icon
  •  
    CJ Verdell
    RB Oregon

•  
    Zakoby McClain
    LB Auburn

•  
    Kyler Gordon
    CB Washington

•  
    Charlie Kolar
    TE Iowa State

•  
    Yusuf Corker
    S Kentucky

•  
    Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu
    OT Oregon

• 2023 ATL 2nd

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

He is not a starting QB in the NFL.  All the learning by the "kid” won’t fix that.  The progress the offense has made was based on that realization.  Take the ball out of his hands, you have a better chance.  That’s not development or helping him.  That’s realizing what most of us see.  He will not have a live enough arm to make the throws required to be a viable starter.  20 yard outs. Tight seam throws.  Tight posts over the middle.  He also struggles at running through his reads, checking out of plays and obviously trusting the pocket.  He doesn’t have it. He has to jump throw passes that should be routine.  Sure can he heave it down the field 50 yards?  Of course. But his arm doesn’t make up for his other deficiencies.  You can’t speak it into existence. He’s a slightly better Tim Tebow.  

He's basically just an embryo. Let him grow. 

Just now, 4for4EaglesNest said:

There’s not going to be a lot of teams looking to give up a "massive haul” to get to the top 3 of the draft.  Not this year.   

Yea the sweet spot for trading down will be in picks 6-10 for teams looking to add a blue chip defensive player without overpaying, or maybe jumping a team for a QB. But I wouldn’t expect any top 5 trades either at this point of draft process

5 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Hurts is a high-end backup/low-end starter.    If (when) Sirianni tells Lowie he needs a QB to fit his system I believe they will give him that chance, and acquire a QB who can operate it.

Well I'm not convinced that guy is going to be available in 2022...

4 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Kyle Hamilton
    S Notre Dame

DeMarvin Leal
    DT Texas A&M

•  
    Aidan Hutchinson
    EDGE Michigan
    trade icon
  •  
    Kenyon Green
    OG Texas A&M
    trade icon
  •  
    Kingsley Enagbare
    EDGE South Carolina

•  
    Kenny Pickett
    QB Pittsburgh
    trade icon
  •  
    CJ Verdell
    RB Oregon

•  
    Zakoby McClain
    LB Auburn

•  
    Kyler Gordon
    CB Washington

•  
    Charlie Kolar
    TE Iowa State

•  
    Yusuf Corker
    S Kentucky

•  
    Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu
    OT Oregon

• 2023 ATL 2nd

Like it but you have to take one of these top 5 CBs IMO

5 hours ago, wussbasket said:

See, this is exactly why I want to see a different QB in there instead of Hurts. Put Minshew or even Sinnett in and see if Sirianni's scheme is really this bad or if its Hurts that just can't run an offense.

I agree with you. I was actually a little bit disappointed yesterday because they did bring in Minshew in the fourth quarter... And proceeded to then run the ball. Now I get that the game was out of hand and we were managing the game but I'd have liked to see Minshew get a chance to express a little. 

Please just stop with the insane conspiracy theories about the Colts and Wentz. Assuming the Colts aren't mathematically eliminated after 12 weeks (which is damn near impossible), there is NO WAY IN HELL they are benching Wentz for Jacob Eason or Brett Hundley. Doing so would 100% cost Frank Reich the locker room and his job.

It's just an utterly ridiculous proposition. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I agree with you. I was actually a little bit disappointed yesterday because they did bring in Minshew in the fourth quarter... And proceeded to then run the ball. Now I get that the game was out of hand and we were managing the game but I'd have liked to see Minshew get a chance to express a little. 

And still had a higher passer rating than Hurts. :showoff:

5 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Please just stop with the insane conspiracy theories about the Colts and Wentz. Assuming the Colts aren't mathematically eliminated after 12 weeks (which is damn near impossible), there is NO WAY IN HELL they are benching Wentz for Jacob Eason or Brett Hundley. Doing so would 100% cost Frank Reich the locker room and his job.

It's just an utterly ridiculous proposition. 

Well, as long as there are folks hypothesizing a simulated universe and free will is an illusion I suppose it's all a sliding scale.

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

one of the reasons when they put him on IR after they lost to the Cowboys was that they misdiagnosed the fracture and didn’t see it on the x-rays when they took it for the past couple weeks. Which felt kind of like a lot of BS for them just shutting him down because Their chances to make the playoffs dropped dramatically after that loss. 

Playing Foles helped it though. 

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Haha did he really? God that's bad isn't it. 

8 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Nothing good could come from that from a team standpoint.  Can't unleash Minshew until they are ready to make a long term change at QB.

Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

Nothing good could come from that from a team standpoint.  Can't unleash Minshew until they are ready to make a long term change at QB.

No I know I understand that. I'm just saying it was disappointing. I get the why though. 

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

one of the reasons when they put him on IR after they lost to the Cowboys was that they misdiagnosed the fracture and didn’t see it on the x-rays when they took it for the past couple weeks. Which felt kind of like a lot of BS for them just shutting him down because Their chances to make the playoffs dropped dramatically after that loss. 

They never put him on IR. He was just inactive every week, including playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Haha did he really? God that's bad isn't it. 

Not really. Flawed stat for such a small sample size. Minshew was 2/2 so that probably made the formula wonky. 

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Not really. Flawed stat for such a small sample size. Minshew was 2/2 so that probably made the formula wonky. 

Meh I'm sure Minshew fans / Hurts haters will take it and run with it. 

9 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

PASSING  ATT  CMP  YDS  SK/YD     TD    LG    IN    RT 

J.Hurts       14     9     103      0/0         0      19     0     86.3

G.Minshew  2.     2      11       0/0         0       9      0     89.6 

Just illustrates the truly meaninglessness of the passer rating.

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well I'm not convinced that guy is going to be available in 2022...

There will be a slew of guys available:

Not coming to Philly -- Deshaun Watson, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson

Draft eligible but more RB playing QB -- Willis, Corral, Ridder

Draft eligible short guys -- Howell, Rattler

Draft eligible but not 1st round locks -- Pickett, Strong

Draft eligible but injured and might not declare -- Shough

Likely UFA -- Jimmy G

It's going to depend on organizational philosophy moving forward.  Do the Eagles truly want the next Russell Wilson, without realizing Russell Wilson is a unicorn of sorts?  Do they want a placeholder while they wait for a top-tier QB prospect?

Archived