EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

It’s a trip how all you have to do is say you are fine with letting the season play out with hurts and most of this board flips out.  

When that is exactly what we are going to do more than likely

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

How does this perpetuate the belief that there are conspiracies festering throughout the front office?

Horrible tweet.

It’s high school level tweeting 

56 minutes ago, downundermike said:

His smallest sample of passes, but that's his worst chart so far.  Only positive is the 5 completions of 15-18 yards.  But that is literally ignoring 2/3 of the field.  Any competent DC can easily defend him and force him into his weaknesses.  Basically have your FS patrol the right side (left side for the D) and have your LDE sort of mush rush to hold contain so Hurts can't roll/run to his right and force him to throw over the middle and move and throw to his left by blitzing him with a LB/CB from his right.  Probably see his INTs go up in that scenario.

3 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

It’s a trip how all you have to do is say you are fine with letting the season play out with hurts and most of this board flips out.  

I actually think the next three games are gonna be pretty telling about what they’re gonna do at the quarterback position for the rest of the year. The Broncos and Saints have good defenses. The chargers are good against the pass and stink against the run so they should have a game plan where they’re running the ball. I think the Broncos and the Saints games are winnable games. If there 0-3 after this stretch and the offense is not looking good once again then I would not be surprised if they bench him and put out minshew and see what he can do

Nobody is flipping out. Several people just flat out believe Hurts doesn't have what it takes to start in the league. The offense is bottom 1/3rd in the league, and I'd like to see if Sirianni's offense is really this bad or if it fairs better with a different QB like Minshew or Sinnett.

48 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

*Quarter. Hurts played all of Q3. Big difference between 1 quarter of a game and 1 quarter of a season.

And frankly, Hurts was beyond terrible in that game.

8 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

Who " flipped out" when you said that? I personally think Hurts sucks , but if they want to play the season out so be it. 

20 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Their final record doesn't matter.  It's their record after week 12 that does.

They should beat the Jets and Jags.  Lose to the Bucs and Bills.   (pleasant alliteration)

That's 5-7 with the Texans next.  He'll play week 13.   Then who cares.

Agreed.  But, I was only referring to whether or not we have to worry about the Colts actually making the playoffs.  I think it comes down to the WC, not the division.  I put zero stock in the idea that he gets benched to save the draft pick.   It's not worth debating, honestly.

2 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I actually think the next three games are gonna be pretty telling about what they’re gonna do at the quarterback position for the rest of the year. The Broncos and Saints have good defenses. The chargers are good against the pass and stink against the run so they should have a game plan where they’re running the ball. I think the Broncos and the Saints games are winnable games. If there 0-3 after this stretch and the offense is not looking good once again then I would not be surprised if they bench him and put out minshew and see what he can do

Chargers are like the Eagles and choose to stink against the run. It's basically the same D we trot out. Two high safety looks, stop the big play passing game. I didn't watch the game yesterday to see if they adjusted to the Patriots. It will be interesting to see what approach they take against us. 

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

They can go 6-7 up until their Bye and if Wentz plays the required amount up until that point, if they lose every game after their bye........yeah that would be super.  

Their last 4 games i think you could see anything from 1-3 to 4-0 tbh. I would say they can’t beat the Cardinals but then again I saw them going to Baltimore on a Monday night and nearly win that game so I can’t discount them in that game

22 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

Not to mention all of the players with incentives or guys fighting for roster spots. I doubt they’re even thinking about the scenario. Exactly why Wentz is out there on kneel downs when he doesn’t really need to be. 

Well... that part of it makes little sense.  There's no incentive to keep him out there in a blow out, and he could come out, just as Hurts did yesterday and let the backup get a few snaps.  Nothing wrong with that.  And change out the C and the QB, so its the same exchange as in practice... unless the starting center has a contract incentive clause of some kind linked to snaps or something.

4 minutes ago, greend said:

Who " flipped out" when you said that? I personally think Hurts sucks , but if they want to play the season out so be it. 

Flip out is a bad choice of words.  But people are getting pretty uptight about hurts when the kid is learning the position and I’m an overall pretty messy situation with zero defense, zero running game. Horrible balance in play calling.  

let’s go empty backfield and shotgun on 3rd and goal.  No pressure on the young man at all right?  What could go wrong?

26 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Unlikely yes. However even with Derek henry I didn’t trust the Titans. I’m curious to see if the wheels fall off cause Henry was getting 30 touches a game. They are the most Jekyll and Hyde team in the league. Titans already played the Jets. The Jets beat them. And that was with the best player out there.I’m guessing you meant the jags  

I don’t think it’s a stretch the titans begin to struggle on offense and their defense we know sucks besides the two Texans games. I get they have miami, jags and 2 games against the Texans left. But would you really be surprised if the Titans lost to one of those teams? I wouldn’t be, they lost to the Jets with Henry out there. Granted the jets also beat the bengals. I’m really curious to see how that offense looks taking away Derrick Henry. 

Nope, which is why I put them at 3 wins, rather than 4 to do the calculation.   Even without Henry, I find it hard to believe that they'd win fewer than 3 games with what they have left.  The parody of the league is just too great to really believe it would be possible.

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Chargers are like the Eagles and choose to stink against the run. It's basically the same D we trot out. Two high safety looks, stop the big play passing game. I didn't watch the game yesterday to see if they adjusted to the Patriots. It will be interesting to see what approach they take against us. 

I actually watch that patriots chargers game yesterday. The patriots clearly wanted to run the ball. They had 39 carries for 141 yards which is just 3.6 yards per carry. For a good portion of the game the Chargers still were playing 2 high safety. Jones threw the ball 36 times. He was barely over 50% completion. I thought Mac Jones played within himself and didn’t make a costly turnover which wound up being the difference in that game. Because they kept it close until the patriots defense was able to have a pick six that really sealed that game. 

I kind of think this is the week where the Chargers might switch up their game plan knowing that Jalen hurts hasn’t consistently beat teams with his arm and try to take away the run. After what the Eagles just did to the Lions running the ball, i believe the game plan has to be run it against the chargers and limit our passes against a good pass defense 

24 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

one of the reasons when they put him on IR after they lost to the Cowboys was that they misdiagnosed the fracture and didn’t see it on the x-rays when they took it for the past couple weeks. Which felt kind of like a lot of BS for them just shutting him down because Their chances to make the playoffs dropped dramatically after that loss. 

Or it was a known hairline fracture all along, and after that loss they decided it was better to let it heal than to potentially allow it to get worse.

But, man oh man, we are riding in the way back machine now talking injury intrigued to the QB 4 seasons ago.

25 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Weidl is VP of Player Personnel.  He has some pull in the war room.  No idea who Howie's choice was -- could have been Hurts, and it was a consensus pick.  In the end it doesn't matter once the choice is made. 

Howie holds primary accountability for all picks, Weidl second. 

Nah, Howie holds primary credit for all good picks.  Weidl, Douglas, Pederson, the custodian... they all shoulder the accountability for poor picks.

47 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Long winded way of saying he was benched. 

Taylor is just too light. He is a back up on a good D, if that even. They need to address the position in the draft no later than day 2 this coming draft. Possibly even in FA on top of that. 

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Nope, which is why I put them at 3 wins, rather than 4 to do the calculation.   Even without Henry, I find it hard to believe that they'd win fewer than 3 games with what they have left.  The parody of the league is just too great to really believe it would be possible.

I look at the Titans if AJ Brown some reason goes down (which he missed games with injury early) that team is in a world of trouble on offense. He is about the only playmaker they have left. Julio Jones can’t stay healthy. Derrick Henry’s gone now. 

16 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

:dope-slap::chair:

For the Blog dictionary.  Futility - @Iggles_Phan providing detailed disagreement outlining why @austinfan is wrong about Howie’s drafts like it might change his opinion.  

:lol:. Yeah, but when he posts about how good the drafting has been... I can't let that go by without addressing it.

13 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Or it was a known hairline fracture all along, and after that loss they decided it was better to let it heal than to potentially allow it to get worse.

But, man oh man, we are riding in the way back machine now talking injury intrigued to the QB 4 seasons ago.

Which is why I said it was BS by the eagles to say they misdiagnosed it as the reason for doing it then. They knew what he had but since their playoff chances were still good they were going to keep him out there until they completely diminished. Which after that Cowboys loss it was a really small chance. If the Eagles won that game he would’ve been right back out there next week and there wouldn’t been any discussion about his back.

Imo the only way the Colts will go that route is if (and BIG IF) they somehow lose on Thursday night to the Jets and the following week they lose to the jags. Because at that point their playoff chances are next to none with the bills and Bucs next. at that point when i could see the colts come up with the excuse that his ankles are bothering him and him needing them to heal. Again highly unlikely 

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I doubt that the Eagles will see a lot of 2 high safety against the Bolts.   Leave one safety high, put the second safety just inside the numbers on Hurts' right side... about 10 yards from the LOS.... literally every play.  

Guest justrelax
Just now, Iggles_Phan said:

I doubt that the Eagles will see a lot of 2 high safety against the Bolts.   Leave one safety high, put the second safety just inside the numbers on Hurts' right side... about 10 yards from the LOS.... literally every play.  

Agree.

If the Colts bench Wentz to protect their pick, Howie has no right to be pissed, nor should any other teams hesitate to deal with the Colts.  JMO.  Those were the terms of the deal.

Now…Wentz, his agent, and the NFL players union might have something to say about it.  There have been a quite a few trades recently (we’ve been involved in THREE, all with qbs, in the last calendar year) that disincentivize the receiving team from using the involved player.  

When/if a big name player who is clearly the best qb on his team is benched due to the conditions of a trade, it could become an issue.  Again, not with teams, but with players, agents, and nflpa.

Archived