EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

Draft eligible but more RB playing QB -- Willis, Corral, Ridder

Draft eligible short guys -- Howell, Rattler

Draft eligible but not 1st round locks -- Pickett, Strong

Draft eligible but injured and might not declare -- Shough

Likely UFA -- Jimmy G

I'm not sure Rattler is going to be in next year's draft bud. And if he is... AVOID.

I think Corral is a better passer than being a RB playing QB. He's got a hell of an arm but yes he does need to run a little less especially given his size. 

Ridder is not accurate enough in my opinion but I guess many said that of Josh Allen.

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

There will be a slew of guys available:

Not coming to Philly -- Deshaun Watson, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson

Likely UFA -- Jimmy G

It's going to depend on organizational philosophy moving forward.  Do the Eagles truly want the next Russell Wilson, without realizing Russell Wilson is a unicorn of sorts?  Do they want a placeholder while they wait for a top-tier QB prospect?

I think there’s a chance Wilson would come to Philly, a chance… 

25 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Please just stop with the insane conspiracy theories about the Colts and Wentz. Assuming the Colts aren't mathematically eliminated after 12 weeks (which is damn near impossible), there is NO WAY IN HELL they are benching Wentz for Jacob Eason or Brett Hundley. Doing so would 100% cost Frank Reich the locker room and his job.

It's just an utterly ridiculous proposition. 

The only thing ridiculous is simply assuming the Colts won’t be 4-8 and Wentz won’t be a major reason why. Until they beat the Jets and Jaguars a small, but very real possibility remains that the pick becomes a 2nd rounder. That’s just a fact. This chance (barring injury) would be zero had they won yesterday.

Brett Hundley was just release. Eason was released a while ago. Sam Ehlinger is the backup QB.

11 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

There will be a slew of guys available:

Not coming to Philly -- Deshaun Watson, Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson

Likely UFA -- Jimmy G

It's going to depend on organizational philosophy moving forward.  Do the Eagles truly want the next Russell Wilson, without realizing Russell Wilson is a unicorn of sorts?  Do they want a placeholder while they wait for a top-tier QB prospect?

Howie will take D'Eriq King in the 2nd

You guys do understand draft picks aren’t locks right? Wentz is not going to say "please bench me so we can draft X”. Wentz was pissed off when he was playing like crap and was benched. Imagine benching him when he’s playing well. 

8 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I think there’s a chance Wilson would come to Philly, a chance… 

Philly's not on his list -- he put out a list already with LV, DAL, CHI, and DEN.  You'll have to speak with his wife about changing it.

17 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not sure Rattler is going to be in next year's draft bud. And if he is... AVOID.

I think Corral is a better passer than being a RB playing QB. He's got a hell of an arm but yes he does need to run a little less especially given his size. 

Ridder is not accurate enough in my opinion but I guess many said that of Josh Allen.

We'll disagree about Corral -- don't want him one bit.  

Ridder is a young Kaepernick.

It's a year to spend premium draft resources on building the defense.

1 minute ago, Alphagrand said:

A young Kaepernick isn’t that bad. In the right situation that could be a player. An old Kaepernick is better than Hurts right now.

4 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I like Corral, I think there are some things there to love but he comes with some real concerns. 

Ridder I just don't really like. I don't think he's that good and I think he's going to struggle in the NFL. But hey there's things to work with. 

Definitely agree this is the year to build that defense mostly. 

Things are pretty quiet on the trade front for the Eagles - wonder what will happen by tmw afternoon. Hope they didn’t turn into buyers all of the sudden.

Just now, Texas Eagle said:

Things are pretty quiet on the trade front for the Eagles - wonder what will happen by tmw afternoon. Hope they didn’t turn into buyers all of the sudden.

Were getting OBJ

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Were getting OBJ

Doesn’t matter if we got Adams - Hurts can’t get them the ball

8 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

BTW... Winston's ruptured ACL opens the door for Kaepernick to resurface again.  

Has Kaepernick even talked about coming back to the NFL? I would think Foles would make the most sense. 

7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Were getting OBJ

I took this as a done deal based on your tense. 

16 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

BTW... Winston's ruptured ACL opens the door for Kaepernick to resurface again.  

You have a better chance of Brees coming out of retirement than the Saints looking to Kaepernick who has been out of the league for years.  

8 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Has Kaepernick even talked about coming back to the NFL? I would think Foles would make the most sense. 

They asked Brees on the SNF telecast if the Saints had contacted him; he said he "had his phone on silent".

Foles in a dome could be pretty good.

18 minutes ago, RLC said:

People in Indy are handling this really well. 

Well it kills the joy of the offseason to not have a first round pick.  

10 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Yup.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/colin-kaepernick-nfl-comeback-training/

October 14, 2021

"I am still up at 5 a.m. training five, six days a week making sure I'm prepared to take a team to a Super Bowl again," Kaepernick told the publication. "That's not something I will ever let go of, regardless of the actions of 32 teams and their partners to deny me employment. The same way I was persistent in high school is the same way I'm gonna be persistent here."

2 hours ago, Swoop said:

Afan: "Jalen Hurts is a top 27 quarterback who can compile garbage stats, beat the only teams that are in a worse state than the Eagles and can run for days. If you got him a young Alshon on the left, he'd instantly stop leaving the pocket, be able to read the field and go on to be a terror in the NFC East. AMAZING value at 53." 

Also afan: "Ben Roethlisberger was never a franchise QB because he's fallen off the past two seasons as his career comes to a close." 

🤡🤡🤡

I have always considered posters who make up stuff to play "gotcha" to be the most obnoxious posters on any message board.

The advantage of age is I don't get irritated anymore b/c I realize there are  no controls for age or maturity on a message board.

40 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

I agree. Now to convince Howie .........

A really good defense can help mask a lot of deficiencies on offense. I don't see the Eagles having a shot at a franchise QB in the next year or 2, so they would be wise to heavily invest in the defense this draft.

Archived