EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Sorry if it’s been posted already but this is insane 

Had I known that, I would have gone and kept her company.

36 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

:offtopic:

I need new tires for my SUV. It used to be, back in the Pleistocene, that you had about a dozen choices. Now it seems like there are 200 choices.

I have narrowed it down to Cooper Enduramax, Continental Cross Contact, and Pirelli Scorpion.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I got tires a few months ago on my CX-5. I did a lot of research and settled on the Continental Cross Contact.

They have a good mileage warranty. I cant speak to how they hold up to that. Ive had them long enough for just 1 rotation so far. But they seem to be wearing well so far. The ride is smooth and quiet. They have been good in snow and rain as well.

6 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

Sorry if it’s been posted already but this is insane 

image.gif

Just now, eagle45 said:

I mean, I probably agree with you with respect to journalism as a whole.  But the complaints here are centered on sports journalism.

It’s sports.  Almost zero social impact, and when there is, the real journalists step in anyway.  Sports journalists are journalists in the way that the people who twirl those ribbons are olympians.  

That's fair.  You are right, it was centered on sports journalism, but even 'back in the day' when I_P and I were dinosaurs, even the sports journos held themselves to a certain standard.  That standard no longer exists across journalism.  With social media and it being more online instead of in print it's a different animal entirely.  All we need do is look at our own ESP, FFS.  And some of the lot on WIP who take stances just because it causes controversy and gets fans riled up. 

I remember that one scene from the Howard Stern film "Private Parts" where they are breaking down the demographics of his listeners and the people who claim to hate him spend more time listening to him than the ones who say they like him and they both give the same answer as to why they listen to him:  "Because I want to hear what he's going to say next".

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I got tires a few months ago on my CX-5. I did a lot of research and settled on the Continental Cross Contact.

They have a good mileage warranty. I cant speak to how they hold up to that. Ive had them long enough for just 1 rotation so far. But they seem to be wearing well so far. The ride is smooth and quiet. They have been good in snow and rain as well.

I have a CX-5 as well. Are the Continentals noticeably quieter than the factory tires (Yokohama Geolander)?

6 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

F'er, beat me to it.  I should have know one of the kings of the Mod5 Approved Boobs & Butt thead would be on this like stink on a fart.

KC needs to move on from that turnover machine. Send him to someplace like...I don't know...Philadelphia for example.

Just now, Desertbirds said:

I have a CX-5 as well. Are the Continentals noticeably quieter than the factory tires (Yokohama Geolander)?

Sorry, I cant say. I barely had those factory tires on at all. I bought the car with a little less than 13k miles on it. And I needed tires pretty much right away.

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

KC needs to move on from that turnover machine. Send him to someplace like...I don't know...Philadelphia for example.

But they keep Jackson 

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Really.  He's making dumb decisions, turning the ball over, and costing his team a playoff spot.  Time to bench him.

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

Daniel jones be like i can be mahomes too 

1 hour ago, WentzFan11 said:

I have faith in Reagor to turn it around. I think he’d be putting up better numbers if we had even an average QB, but that goes for every receiver on our team. 

Ugh. I wish I did. He takes plays off, runs lazy routes. Despite his speed, doesn't get separation.

I was expecting former Panthers RB Jonathan Stewart when I saw the guest for Peyton & Eli broadcast, not that Jon Stewart lol

That unproven QB really fought back after a tough interception. 

2 minutes ago, shlo said:

Ugh. I wish I did. He takes plays off, runs lazy routes. Despite his speed, doesn't get separation.

EMB Welcome funny.gif

11 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

1. I live closer to Texas.

and

2. I’ve dated enough crazy chicks to know that this girl is bat**** crazy (it’s in her eyes). But I dig it and know exactly how many times I could smash before my life is in danger.

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Gotta love that 2nd round good backup value. 

In the context he gave, it makes sense.  Howie has stated in the past that they see the need for two starting level QBs to be successful. Add to that the fact Wentz hasn’t made it through a playoff game yet because of injuries and the Thorson experience and spending a 2 on a backup QB makes a lot of sense and offers value.  Makes more sense than a bat winning New Zealand’s bird of the year contest. 

Just now, Dwide Schrude said:

Eagles should beat the Giants. Giants are really bad

And the Eagles are amazing.  They just beat the Lions 44-6.   :flex: 

Archived