EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

Did not expect to see people upset at trading a 6 for a CB...especially when the team that drafted Vincent has a good history of developing CBs.

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Sure do.  If they have 3 1st round picks, I'm using 2 on defense and trying to get Chris Olave at all costs.  Drake London was looking like a legit prospect too but the broken ankle might push him down.  2nd round Howie special.

WR is far from fixed.  

It's a shame. Really. Howie is just so incapable to build this thing. There's so many avenues they can take in round 1 but i am just expecting the absolute worse. I wouldn't mind  Olave because the speed he brings across from Smith would be tantalizing, I like the physicality of his teammate in Wilson too but I personally would probably wait on WR.

I really want to reshape and mold this defense into a fearsome unit once again and possibly add a major piece to the o-line like Neal or maybe even Green. How many guys are back next year between Brooks, Johnson, Kelce. One, maybe two?  And whoever does come back out of those three what are the chances they play an entire season? Gotta continue to add more blue chip pieces there I think. 

I like a Pickens maybe David Bell and a few others as a possibility in round 2 at WR if they go that route. I prefer that bigger more physical piece to compliment Smith. Maybe they can look to get a speed guy for the slot. 

41 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Uh.....they drafted "LB" in the 6th and 7th rounds in the form of a Safety and a DE and drafted an undersized DT in the mold of Aaron Donald who had his best game as a pro playing at DT rather than DE.

They used the 37th pick in the draft on a C/G who never finished a college season due to injury.  They drafted one of the lightest WR in NFL history.

Stevens and Johnson were depth/ST picks, not starters.

Williams is the flexible lineman that fits Gannon, Schwartz would have just made him a one gap pass rusher, Gannon has him playing both LDE and DT, and probably sees him as a great fit for hybrid packages (give a 4-3 look, then have a DE like Sweat or Kerrigan stand up with Avery/Johnson on the LOS for a 3-4 look).

Dickerson is showing why they drafted him, he's a true road grader, guys who can move out DTs are hard to find. If he stays healthy, yeah, he's top 20 quality, needs polish at guard but gives Stoutland a lot to work with.

Opeta is the interesting choice, he combines straight line athleticism (5.02, 33" VT, 9'4 LJ) and some stiffness, if Toth got waived over him either Howie thinks teams have sniffed around and/or Stoutland really likes him.

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

We all have.  But if you’re filthy rich, it’s just ridiculously stupid to drive drunk.   

Exactly, I don't want to make excuses or condone but I know that 'rock star' life style from my younger days coming home time and time again from Iraq flush (bad word but what we thought) with money.  We were f'n stupid and I regret some of it to this day.  I' super glad I was never in that situation.

2 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

It's a shame. Really. Howie is just so incapable to build this thing. There's so many avenues they can take in round 1 but i am just expecting the absolute worse. I wouldn't mind  Olave because the speed he brings across from Smith would be tantalizing, I like the physicality of his teammate in Wilson too but I personally would probably wait on WR.

I really want to reshape and mold this defense into a fearsome unit once again and possibly add a major piece to the o-line like Neal or maybe even Green. How many guys are back next year between Brooks, Johnson, Kelce. One, maybe two?  And whoever does come back out of those three what are the chances they play an entire season? Gotta continue to add more blue chip pieces there I think. 

I like a Pickens maybe David Bell and a few others as a possibility in round 2 at WR if they go that route. I prefer that bigger more physical piece to compliment Smith. Maybe they can look to get a speed guy for the slot. 

YOu don't build a team just off blue chip players, Driscoll will start somewhere along the line, Herbig now that he's lost weight has a chance to start.

Same way on the DL we have Williams (3rd), Sweat (4th).

What this team needs out of this draft is a couple blue chippers then the kind of solid depth that can start in a year or two.

And forget speed WRs, what they need is a big possession "X" to complement Smith, Watkins and Reagor.  Someone who knows how to box out on crossing routes and has the strong hands to snatch the ball - your third down guy.

3 minutes ago, austinfan said:

YOu don't build a team just off blue chip players, Driscoll will start somewhere along the line, Herbig now that he's lost weight has a chance to start.

Same way on the DL we have Williams (3rd), Sweat (4th).

What this team needs out of this draft is a couple blue chippers then the kind of solid depth that can start in a year or two.

And forget speed WRs, what they need is a big possession "X" to complement Smith, Watkins and Reagor.  Someone who knows how to box out on crossing routes and has the strong hands to snatch the ball - your third down guy.

Who's the last blue chipper Howie has drafted let alone a blue chipper on defense and at WR?

5 hours ago, McMahonHeadband said:

An NFL caliber arm gets that ball there a lot flatter instead of a complete rainbow which artificially gives you a sense of arm strength.  That wasn't a Hail Mary being thrown up hoping your guy catches it at the highest point.

22 minutes ago, RLC said:

Did not expect to see people upset at trading a 6 for a CB...especially when the team that drafted Vincent has a good history of developing CBs.

What does it tell you when they cut bait so quickly? 

5 hours ago, McMahonHeadband said:

it does.  Not only did he throw it 60 yards, but he did it without the ability to step up into the throw.....

ive been a member of tate for 15 years.

Did you inherit the account for your 16th bday?

26 minutes ago, RLC said:

On the other hand, if they liked what they saw, why bother trading him for a 6, even if they have depth?

4 hours ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Nope.   You can get greater distance by adjusting the angle of the throw, without increasing the speed.  Meanwhile, lowering the angle of the throw can still get the same distance by increasing the speed.  

Who's f'n clone is that?  I just skipped through a couple page of their responses after getting baited catching up.

4 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

So was Desean just pissy he wasn’t getting enough playing time or was McVay sick of his $hit? 

Playing time. His contract had snap escalators so he probably was pissed 

11 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

Who's f'n clone is that?  I just skipped through a couple page of their responses after getting baited catching up.

A moron clone, clearly.

23 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

On the other hand, if they liked what they saw, why bother trading him for a 6, even if they have depth?

That's fair too. It is hard to keep CB #6-7 on the roster all season. Realistically, a player in RD6 is going to miss whether we use the pick or we trade for a recent 6. 

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m weary on re-signing maddox. Great rookie year. Then two bad years. Then contract year he’s playing well again. 

Not to mention hurt every year so far.

8 minutes ago, RLC said:

That's fair too. It is hard to keep CB #6-7 on the roster all season. Realistically, a player in RD6 is going to miss whether we use the pick or we trade for a recent 6. 

Strangely enough, they just put their slot corner on IR today too. 

2 hours ago, BigEFly said:

Chachere has been playing real well on STs and was the first secondary substitution when they started yanking starters last week. McCain is probably gone.  Gowan was active over him last week.  Both Gowan and Vincent were on my draft board for the Eagles. 

I didn't have too much of an opinion on Gowan, but I did like Vincent a lot

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I’m weary on re-signing maddox. Great rookie year. Then two bad years. Then contract year he’s playing well again. 

I’m not. His rookie year he was asked to play 3 positions. That had to hurt his development. 

He’s certainly athletic and serviceable enough to keep around another 2-3 years 

3 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

I’m not. His rookie year he was asked to play 3 positions. That had to hurt his development. 

He’s certainly athletic and serviceable enough to keep around another 2-3 years 

He’s missed extended time in each of his first three seasons. He played 13 then 12 and then 10 games the last 3 years. Add on he played his best up til this year when he played 3 positions as a rookie. He was awful his second year in the league. He was statistically there worst slot corner in the league before sendejo knocked him out and then he came back and just wasn’t good. 

42 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Playing time. His contract had snap escalators so he probably was pissed 

Maybe he decided to join a gang. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Gotta love afan.  Complimenting Howie on his rebuild philosophy while ignoring how bad he is at drafting.

He’s not ignoring it. He’s actually praised it lol 

26 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Strangely enough, they just put their slot corner on IR today too. 

The new guy must be a mole.

7 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

He’s missed extended time in each of his first three seasons. He played 13 then 12 and then 10 games the last 3 years. Add on he played his best up til this year when he played 3 positions as a rookie. He was awful his second year in the league. He was statistically there worst slot corner in the league before sendejo knocked him out and then he came back and just wasn’t good. 

He’s playing well now and he was put into outside CB when sendejo knocked him out. I don’t see how he’s not worth keeping around a little longer. 

Archived