EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

59 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

Who's f'n clone is that?  I just skipped through a couple page of their responses after getting baited catching up.

Not a believer in the Hurts Howitzer theory?

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Not a believer in the Hurts Howitzer theory?

Howitzer sounds about right... he's not a straight mortar, but he does lob the ball pretty well in the deep zones.  

2 hours ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

The fact that a team can go undefeated and not have a shot at a championship is borderline criminal. 

UTSA is undefeated.

(They’d give Cincy a much better game than Cincy would give Oregon, Michigan, Ohio State, etc.)

20 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Gotta love afan.  Complimenting Howie on his rebuild philosophy while ignoring how bad he is at drafting.

Surprised you didn’t pounce on the "Hurts is no worse than a dozen QBs currently starting” post. 

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

He’s playing well now and he was put into outside CB when sendejo knocked him out. I don’t see how he’s not worth keeping around a little longer. 

He was actually forced to play outside in that game when darby got hurt in week 3 and missed the game. The previous 3 games he was playing majority in the slot. I know because I posted the tweet the NFL network had and the graphic they had on TV showing he was ranked statistically as the worst slot corner in the league going into that game. Furthermore go look at the snap counts from each one of those games. Avonte Maddox did not play exclusively the outside until week 4 when Darby had an injury and was ruled out and jones was so bad he barely played and they threw Craig James out in crunch time over him. 

he’s going to ask for more money then I’m willing to pay for a slot corner who is entering FA at the end of the year but the two previous years he was not good (58 in 2019 and 38 in 2020 by PFF. And those aren’t outrageous grades by pff. He was awful both of those years) and injury prone. I think it’s why you are seeing the eagles load up on some slot corners.  

1 minute ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Howitzer sounds about right... he's not a straight mortar, but he does lob the ball pretty well in the deep zones.  

Nope, Sorry, inaccurate - as a generic term maybe, but the term is often misused to encompass all or most artillery pieces. A Howitzer is a modern cannon that is rifled and even though it is still indirect fire they are extremely accurate. Put a 55 gallon drum on the 50 yard line of Lincoln Financial Field and a good M110 A2 crew could drop a round in it from 15 miles away. 

21 minutes ago, austinfan said:

YOu don't build a team just off blue chip players, Driscoll will start somewhere along the line, Herbig now that he's lost weight has a chance to start.

Same way on the DL we have Williams (3rd), Sweat (4th).

What this team needs out of this draft is a couple blue chippers then the kind of solid depth that can start in a year or two.

And forget speed WRs, what they need is a big possession "X" to complement Smith, Watkins and Reagor.  Someone who knows how to box out on crossing routes and has the strong hands to snatch the ball - your third down guy.

Oh I know you need to build with not only using high firsts. I feel as though using one or maybe two of these firsts to trade back some, snatch up some day two picks in 2022 and beyond would be wise. They will need a lot and cashing in all the firsts sounds fun but it's not going to be enough I fear. 

Pickens, Bell, Burks would bring a bigger more physical presence across from Smith. To me, Herbig/Driscoll are not in the same league as Brooks/Lane. Driscoll I think will be an excellent depth piece who I would have no issues with spot starting, being the top guy off the bench that could play across the line. Herbig could be a good back up. But give me the Brooks, Lane, Kelce types please. Green is very intriguing and he won't cost a top 5 pick, he looks like he has the elite level of talent I want to replenish the older guard with to continue the high level play we have been accustomed to on the offensive line going  back to Tra & Runyan. I could very easily see one of the firsts being dedicated to an o-lineman considering the age, contracts and injury history of 3/5 of the line. 

The Eagles made all nine of their picks last year before Vincent was picked by the Broncos.

Patrick Johnson went pick 234, Jack Anderson 236 and Kary Vincent 237.

I was a big fan of Anae when he was at Utah.  I'd be in favor of letting go of Kerrigan and claiming him based purely on potential rather than an aging vet with no future here.

1 hour ago, austinfan said:

YOu don't build a team just off blue chip players, Driscoll will start somewhere along the line, Herbig now that he's lost weight has a chance to start.

What this team needs out of this draft is a couple blue chippers then the kind of solid depth that can start in a year or two.

And forget speed WRs, what they need is a big possession "X" to complement Smith, Watkins and Reagor.  Someone who knows how to box out on crossing routes and has the strong hands to snatch the ball - your third down guy.

While I appreciate your steadfast beliefs, I nonetheless wonder what you see.  Herbig is a borderline back up.  Driscoll, while a good player, can't stay on the field and is therefore a liability rather than an asset.  We shall see with Williams, but to date he looks like a borderline back up as well.  Sweat looks the part and is a good player.  

What this team needs is blue chippers in every position group, with the possible exception of the offensive line.  The heck with depth for right now.  Very possible Eagles will have 4 picks in the top 40 next draft, likely 2 in the top 20.  All of them must be starters, excellent, productive starters from the get go.  Depth is a luxury for this team.  Honestly, a historically great draft is needed.  A 1974 Steelers-esque draft.  

Just now, ManuManu said:

The Eagles made all nine of their picks last year before Vincent was picked by the Broncos.

Patrick Johnson went pick 234, Jack Anderson 236 and Kary Vincent 237.

But they loved him! 

2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

They literally loved every single player in the draft!

That explains pumphrey, Clayton thorson and shareef Miller 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Lol. Jamon Brown approves of this. 

Lol. It sounds bad but once that pick happened the game was over. Not sure i want brady trying to make a stop and someone on the saints lights him up on a block. 

3 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

That explains pumphrey, Clayton thorson and shareef Miller 

They merely liked them. This year they were smitten. I’m shocked Howie didn’t trade down a few more times in the first round so they could accumulate another dozen or so sixth and seventh rounders.

1 minute ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Lol. It sounds bad but once that pick happened the game was over. Not sure i want brady trying to make a stop and someone on the saints lights him up on a block. 

Brady absolutely shouldn’t give any effort. The posture is hilarious, and Davis staring at him is even funnier. 

1 minute ago, ManuManu said:

Brady absolutely shouldn’t give any effort. The posture is hilarious, and Davis staring at him is even funnier. 

What’s going to make this better is I’m betting brady will say something or tweet something after the next game if the Bucs win towards Davis. 

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Was this not mentioned yet today?

Trade Flacco

Elevate Minshew to #2

Have Vincent pick off multiple Jalen Hurts passes in practice

Bench Hurts

Profit

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I did.  AFan cowardly ignored my response.  

He does that, or labels you a gotcha poster.  I am starting to think living in Austin he is a closet Cowboy fan.

Random stuff I’ve seen about Vincent…

Vic Fangio on Kary Vincent: "He’s fast. He’s a track guy. Had some injuries, so he was falling a little bit, but he can play nickel, he’s played safety. I think he can be a really good player.”

30 minutes ago, Nivraga said:

Nope, Sorry, inaccurate - as a generic term maybe, but the term is often misused to encompass all or most artillery pieces. A Howitzer is a modern cannon that is rifled and even though it is still indirect fire they are extremely accurate. Put a 55 gallon drum on the 50 yard line of Lincoln Financial Field and a good M110 A2 crew could drop a round in it from 15 miles away. 

Whats the arc of that 15 mile range?   Bit of a rainbow, is it not?  

I was referring to the trajectory, not the accuracy.  

2 hours ago, austinfan said:

Who was the last blue chipper Howie drafted?

Archived