EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

9 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Well you also have to remember how and why they really landed the extra 1st round picks

Colts- Wentz forced a trade and they were lucky enough it ended as a first rounder

Dolphins- Eagles knew they would not land one of the top prospects they wanted in that position of number 6. Dolphins made a offer they couldnt pass up knowing they would get just as good a player at 12 they would at 6(moved up anyways) and add a 1st on top of it. 

So Id have to disagree, Howie did not make those trades(accumulated the picks) thinking right away they would be used on a QB. Might turn out that way, but was not the deciding factor. 

The second one was.  It was trade up for Wilson or trade down.  All with the intent of improving the QB position.

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

How's Skip Bayless doing today?  😄😄

You wouldn't ask that to his face...

22 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

"Because in the NFL, it’s the one position you can’t just go get. And so when you have an opportunity, you’ve gotta take your shot, and you’ve gotta be bold. Otherwise, if you say to yourself, 'you know, it is probably a 50-50 shot that maybe the quarterback will be really good,' you can't let that deter you. So that’s how I look at it: You either have a really good QB and you compete for the Super Bowl, or you don’t and you are probably not competing for the Super Bowl. And that’s simple."

I dont always agree with Him on everything. But the analytics are clear, when you lack a Franchise QB, you have no shot at championships. And I am glad Lurie actually wants to WIn Championships. 

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

foles makes way more sense then any other options in FA or trade considering the draft capital you’d have to give up if you want a stop gap QB. 

He has a base of $4M next season with a $4M roster bonus that I'd make the Bears eat.

I'll go get the lumber for the bandwagon.

16 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

You could tell hurts was injured yesterday just the way he was moving. 

There was one play where he looked like his ankle had just gone and he couldn't run any more.

Take that way from him and he's very    <  mediocre.

26 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

For the life of me I don't understand how some EMB posters can't process the fact that the Eagles accumulated all these picks for only one reason....

and it wasn't to draft Defensive Tackles...

I want both, dammit!!!

2 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

I dont always agree with Him on everything. But the analytics are clear, when you lack a Franchise QB, you have no shot at championships. And I am glad Lurie actually wants to WIn Championships. 

Like I said before I would love to use those three first round picks to fix the defense. Ideally Id love to actually have talent on that side of the ball and make them fun to watch on that side of the ball.

However I also know the Philadelphia eagles make quarterback the number one priority in this organization. I listed a couple months back since Andy Reid had taken over all of the quarterbacks the Eagles have invested in over the last 20+ years. It was a lot of money and picks.

Even last off-season they tried to get Zack Wilson. They were talking to the Texans about Deshaun Watson with all his allegations going on and sent people to investigate in Houston. They were engaged when the Russell Wilson rumors came up. This organization consistently has shown you quarterback is the top priority to them. Since McNabb has left they’ve been searching for that franchise quarterback. Theyve had seasons here and there where they’ve gotten franchise level QB play. But never consistently year to year. Closest was 2017-2019 and it really wasn’t all that consistent in 2018 or 2019. So it tells me if there’s a market with a Russell Wilson or Deshaun Watson or they believe one of these guys in the draft is franchise quarterback they are going to be aggressive in their approach. 

What's everyone plan for next weekend? First no football weekend. I got two tee times at Baywood Greens and Plantation lakes. Two best courses in DE.

3 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

What's everyone plan for next weekend? First no football weekend. I got two tee times at Baywood Greens and Plantation lakes. Two best courses in DE.

I will watch elite QB play in the playoffs and wish we had one.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Try one of the following:

Trade Hurts for a 3rd.  Draft Carson Strong

See if Jax would Hurts and 2 1sts.

After watching Hurts play its hard to imagine building him in to any trade.  

31 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

For the life of me I don't understand how some EMB posters can't process the fact that the Eagles accumulated all these picks for only one reason....

and it wasn't to draft Defensive Tackles...

While I tend to agree with you, our history of investing in the DT position makes me wonder if your sarcastic comment about DTs might be on to something.  We go first round early and often at that position.

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

I’m gonna go to the bar i always go to and pull a Stephen A. Smith asking where have all the cowboys gone…. 

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

Kayaking in the gulf of Mexico

15 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

They would actually be better off with Foles as the stopgap.  Wouldn't be a large investment.  The receivers will see the ball.  Maybe get something for Hurts and Minshew.  

We have soooooo little talent on defense.

13 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

foles makes way more sense then any other options in FA or trade considering the draft capital you’d have to give up if you want a stop gap QB. 

6 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

He has a base of $4M next season with a $4M roster bonus that I'd make the Bears eat.

I'll go get the lumber for the bandwagon.

After watching squirts play if we have to use a 1 on a QB so be it. It just was too poor for me. The other two 1’s must address D.

1 minute ago, Freshmilk said:

After watching Hurts play its hard to imagine building him in to any trade.  

Best fit for Hurts is Baltimore for a mid/late round pick.  Maybe they make the playoffs if they had Hurts this year. 

Beyond that, we are just looking for a blind gm who still buys the hype.

24 minutes ago, rrfierce said:

You could tell hurts was injured yesterday just the way he was moving. 

There was one play where he looked like his ankle had just gone and he couldn't run any more.

Take that way from him and he's very mediocre.

He's very mediocre before you take that away from him. When you take that away he flat out sucks

The above tweet is interesting regarding a second TE. Maybe it wasn’t just a Doug thing but also something Stout really wanted and acknowledged as well. 

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Maybe they make the playoffs if they had Hurts this year. 

I think Huntley gave them exactly what Hurts would have.

4 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Like I said before I would love to use those three first round picks to fix the defense. Ideally Id love to actually have talent on that side of the ball and make them fun to watch on that side of the ball.

However I also know the Philadelphia eagles make quarterback the number one priority in this organization. I listed a couple months back since Andy Reid had taken over all of the quarterbacks the Eagles have invested in over the last 20+ years. It was a lot of money and picks.

Even last off-season they tried to get Zack Wilson. They were talking to the Texans about Deshaun Watson with all his allegations going on and sent people to investigate in Houston. They were engaged when the Russell Wilson rumors came up. This organization consistently has shown you quarterback is the top priority to them. Since McNabb has left they’ve been searching for that franchise quarterback. Theyve had seasons here and there where they’ve gotten franchise level QB play. But never consistently year to year. Closest was 2017-2019 and it really wasn’t all that consistent in 2018 or 2019. So it tells me if there’s a market with a Russell Wilson or Deshaun Watson or they believe one of these guys in the draft is franchise quarterback they are going to be aggressive in their approach. 

You and I can sleep well this offseason knowing they will be agressive in trying to acquire a Franchise QB. They have the capital and the reasons to do so.

The only thing we will lose sleep over, is we may still miss, since it's Howie in charge. 

3 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

Kayaking in the gulf of Mexico

Yours will be warmer.

Our team has enough holes where I don’t see trading for a vet QB as the right way to go. Between draft picks and cap space, that becomes your one real improvement to the roster and it won’t be enough.

I almost think you have to take a shot in the draft and hope you hit while addressing the rest of the roster at the same time. 

2 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Best fit for Hurts is Baltimore for a mid/late round pick.  Maybe they make the playoffs if they had Hurts this year. 

Beyond that, we are just looking for a blind gm who still buys the hype.

We already have one of those.

Archived