EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

48 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

What's everyone plan for next weekend? First no football weekend. I got two tee times at Baywood Greens and Plantation lakes. Two best courses in DE.

Watch the divisional games Saturday and Sunday.

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On defense you have Slay, Maddox, Williams, Hargrave, Sweat, and that's all I really see they have to build around. Offense obviously needs a better QB, but they could also use another addition to the receiving group and another RB.

1 minute ago, wussbasket said:

On defense you have Slay, Maddox, Williams, Hargrave, Sweat, and that's all I really see they have to build around. Offense obviously needs a better QB, but they could also use another addition to the receiving group and another RB.

I would say Edwards, as well. Not that he's a future HoFer, but he's a good LB. Definitely starter material, IMO.

Just now, Swoop said:

I would say Edwards, as well. Not that he's a future HoFer, but he's a good LB. Definitely starter material, IMO.

Cool.  We're up to six guys.

1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Cool.  We're up to six guys.

It's something, I guess. This is going to take time. Those that think a strong defensive draft is going to suddenly make us contenders have their head in the sand.

41 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Show me the blows to Godert knees ,? It was a low blow and players don’t appreciate those types of hits

Yes but why is a journalist saying the League should investigate the hit.  It's completely legal.  It's not a penalty or a dirty hit.  It was a form tackle from a rule perspective.  There's no circumstance where Maddox should in anyway be criticized for the hit.  It is pure crybaby whininess.  

34 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Sign Everett, Schultz or Ertz in FA.

Schultz is gonna end up with Goedert-type money I bet. 

51 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Show me the blows to Godert knees ,? It was a low blow and players don’t appreciate those types of hits

Shut up troll.

1 hour ago, ManuManu said:

Only one voice actually goes into his helmet while on the field.   This is just nonsense.

The above tweet is interesting regarding a second TE. Maybe it wasn’t just a Doug thing but also something Stout really wanted and acknowledged as well. 

Jake Ferguson... Round 3, maybe even 4.

A name everyone seems to be leaving out that I honestly wouldn’t mind…

Jameis Winston. I think he’s grown a lot as a QB and easily would be an upgrade over Hurts. He’s also a FA. Idk what kind of market he would have, but if we could give him a 2-3 year prove it contract I would 100%. 

Just now, WentzFan11 said:

Jameis Winston. I think he’s grown a lot as a QB and easily would be an upgrade over Hurts. He’s also a FA. Idk what kind of market he would have, but if we could give him a 2-3 year prove it contract I would 100%. 

No thanks

2 minutes ago, Iggles_Phan said:

Only one voice actually goes into his helmet while on the field.   This is just nonsense.

I think you took it too literally. I think he means Steichen and Sirianni on the playcalling and Sirianni talking to him in the headset.

4 minutes ago, WentzFan11 said:

:nonono:

Yep. Said it all day yesterday. It was Sirianni's fault that Hurts missed multiple wide open players, noodle armed throws, fled from clean pockets, threw two horrible interceptions, locked onto receivers until they were "wide open" only to throw ten feet behind them.

Damn you Nick!

30 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Best way to predict the future - Study the past..

Remember when we had Foles as our Young QB and Howie went out and brought in Sam Bradford? 

Then when we had Bradford as our starting QB and Howie went out and drafted Wentz? 

I am predicting we get us a new QB this year - even if it's just a stop gap Like Bradford was. 

The Bradford trade was Chip not Howie. They were also rumored to be interested in Mariota too.  Drafting Wentz was in direct response to Bradford's year.  I don't think anyone in the FO was convinced Bradford was an answer at QB.  They also really liked Wentz and Goff as prospects.  I think it's more likely than not the Eagles get a QB.  I just hope it's not someone they trade up for in the draft.  I do think they have some level of belief in Hurts' ability at QB that isn't backed up by his performance or the potential I see.  

1 minute ago, Swoop said:

Yep. Said it all day yesterday. It was Sirianni's fault that Hurts missed multiple wide open players, noodle armed throws, fled from clean pockets, threw two horrible interceptions, locked onto receivers until they were "wide open" only to throw ten feet behind them.

Damn you Nick!

I don't think Sirianni is without blame and I take those comments as saying he didn't help the situation.  I certainly believe that Sirianni was overmatched against Bowles.  I mean running 9 screens wasn't a good idea either but there you have it.  

Archived