EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

It'll be too cold to golf here, so I know it'll be too cold to golf in DE.  If it was, I would be golfing.  

Supposed to be about 50. So we will see. Besides the courses I'm playing are about 175 each when it's warm lol.

17 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

You wouldn't ask that to his face...

My arms are gigger than his legs

13 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

You wouldn't ask that to his face...

This dude would, he’s known for having a screaming match with a TE that outweighs him by 100lbs, and telling him he isn’t big enough, bad enough, or man enough. 

349488A7-B5A9-4E8A-99AF-B58810894D25.jpeg

6 hours ago, Original Sin said:

Good way to blow a knee out 

Crybabies. Gronk is huge compared to Maddox. The way to bring him down is to take his feet out from under him, which is exactly what Maddox did.  Watch some DB play on TEs, Beast, before you bring this crap Bucs stuff in here.  Bet I can find a play against Goedert where the Buc player went for his legs.  

I would take Ravens backup , Huntley  , over Hurts

like AF said , they need to get Hurts with a QB guru this off season . He is so far out of wack for the position , his mechanics are bad , his anticipation is off , his processing off , no wonder he throws so many under thrown balls ,  he is late with his throws, he’s back there in a RB stance .

4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

The above tweet is interesting regarding a second TE. Maybe it wasn’t just a Doug thing but also something Stout really wanted and acknowledged as well. 

I couldn't disagree more that they need to draft a TE in round 2

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Laughing my ass off at the people calling in to the radio slamming Sirianni for the play-calling.  I am no Sirianni fan, not by a long shot.  But to deflect away from Hurts and to blame NS is ridiculous.  The reads were there, the plays were there.  Hurts is not a real starting QB in the NFL.  Period...end of story.  When the defense loads 10 guys inside 6 yards of the LOS and the QB still can't read the field, how is that on the coach?  I scream for running the ball more than anyone I know.  Even I can see that you need a QB to at least pull the safeties back a little to help the run game.  Nick can't go out and throw the ball for him.   

NS does not escape my ire though...Few things he screwed up.  

- Not benching Reagor (assuming he has the ability to make that call)

- Not running from under center more...too much RPO.

- Not taking the ball to start the game, instead of electing to defer.  I said if given the chance we must get the ball and set the tone early.  

- Sitting all of the starters in the last regular season game (assuming he has the ability to make that call).  They were just not ready.  He knows it and said it himself.  

But WIP and it's Wentz obsessive hosts and callers are all deflecting as much as they can from Hurts.  

One last thing.  Jalen Reagor is ONLY 23!!!  He deserves another year.  He's still young!  

Yup we are in a timeline loop. These are the similar things that were said when wentz wasn’t very good and we just made excuses up for when he performed poorly. Apparently we don’t learn from previous experiences

you know what also irritates me with some fans like they don’t understand that Todd Bowles is a really good defensive coordinator. He  adjusted from the first game. He wasn’t going to let the Eagles just Fing run the football, do what they do best and win the one way they could win that game.  Bowles did his best Bill Belichick I’m going to take away what you do best and make you beat me a different way that’s not your strength. Unfortunately the Eagles aren’t built that way at the moment to do that

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I think Huntley gave them exactly what Hurts would have.

I’m so conditioned to reading the Hurts is an RB joke that I first thought this was a Jason Huntley reference. 

28 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

For the life of me I don't understand how some EMB posters can't process the fact that the Eagles accumulated all these picks for only one reason....

and it wasn't to draft Defensive Tackles...

I don't think they acquired the picks for one QB only.  I wouldn't be surprised if they used all of them to get a QB.  I just don't think that's the best decision to put the team in a position to be a contender.  

11 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Does it really matter?

It does if we want to talk about what's a likely reality.  I don't see a scenario where the team keeps Hurts and starts Minshew as the bridge plan for next season.  If the plan is to start Minshew, it's because they took a QB with a first or second round pick and the QB is really bad in camp. The only other way Minshew starts multiple games next year is due to an injury to Hurts (or some other starter) or if Hurts is so bad that the team benches him.  

Just now, BigEFly said:

Crybabies. Gronk is huge compared to Maddox. The way to bring him down is to take his feet out from under him, which is exactly what Maddox did.  Watch some DB play on TEs, Beast, before you bring this crap Bucs stuff in here.  Bet I can find a play against Goedert where the Buc player went for his legs.  

Show me the blows to Godert knees ,? It was a low blow and players don’t appreciate those types of hits

Has Siri earned the right to decide on Hurts one way or the other? Also if we move on does Siri get to pick? 

4 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I couldn't disagree more that they need to draft a TE in round 2

Especially when we have super weapon Tyree Jackson

1 minute ago, Original Sin said:

like AF said , they need to get Hurts with a QB guru this off season . He is so far out of wack for the position , his mechanics are bad , his anticipation is off , his processing off , no wonder he throws so many under thrown balls ,  he is late with his throws, he’s back there in a RB stance .

The Ravens should take Huntley over Jackson.  

8 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Best fit for Hurts is Baltimore for a mid/late round pick.  Maybe they make the playoffs if they had Hurts this year. 

Beyond that, we are just looking for a blind gm who still buys the hype.

Yea, but they already have a better version of Hurts in Tyler Huntley.  

1 minute ago, NCiggles said:

I don't think they acquired the picks for one QB only.  I wouldn't be surprised if they used all of them to get a QB.  I just don't think that's the best decision to put the team in a position to be a contender.  

It does if we want to talk about what's a likely reality.  I don't see a scenario where the team keeps Hurts and starts Minshew as the bridge plan for next season.  If the plan is to start Minshew, it's because they took a QB with a first or second round pick and the QB is really bad in camp. The only other way Minshew starts multiple games next year is due to an injury to Hurts (or some other starter) or if Hurts is so bad that the team benches him.  

Likely right. But I don’t put anything past the Eagles because they were trying to bring Carson Wentz back last offseason and still bring Jalen hurts back as well. Which I don’t think that would’ve worked in the locker room either

9 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

The above tweet is interesting regarding a second TE. Maybe it wasn’t just a Doug thing but also something Stout really wanted and acknowledged as well. 

I listed TE as a sneaky need a few weeks back and was told we're fine with Jack Stoll.

55 minutes ago, downundermike said:

and rent is still due

Past due. Like, water and heat have been off for a few months, car has a boot on it and they just called the repo man. 

8 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I’m so conditioned to reading the Hurts is an RB joke that I first thought this was a Jason Huntley reference. 

I was thinking that as I typed it.

4 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Show me the blows to Godert knees ,? It was a low blow and players don’t appreciate those types of hits

Completely legal hit and Gronk could just go down if he wants to avoid those hits. 

11 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Laughing my ass off at the people calling in to the radio slamming Sirianni for the play-calling.  I am no Sirianni fan, not by a long shot.  But to deflect away from Hurts and to blame NS is ridiculous.  The reads were there, the plays were there.  Hurts is not a real starting QB in the NFL.  Period...end of story.  When the defense loads 10 guys inside 6 yards of the LOS and the QB still can't read the field, how is that on the coach?  I scream for running the ball more than anyone I know.  Even I can see that you need a QB to at least pull the safeties back a little to help the run game.  Nick can't go out and throw the ball for him.   

NS does not escape my ire though...Few things he screwed up.  

- Not benching Reagor (assuming he has the ability to make that call)

- Not running from under center more...too much RPO.

- Not taking the ball to start the game, instead of electing to defer.  I said if given the chance we must get the ball and set the tone early.  

- Sitting all of the starters in the last regular season game (assuming he has the ability to make that call).  They were just not ready.  He knows it and said it himself.  

But WIP and it's Wentz obsessive hosts and callers are all deflecting as much as they can from Hurts.  

One last thing.  Jalen Reagor is ONLY 23!!!  He deserves another year.  He's still young!  

I also had a modest chuckle with the callers saying "They need to bring in a QB coach for Hurts that knows him and can work with him this offseason."

8 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Why?  Why go through this?

Why not send Greg Ward to a qb guru?  That dude never had a shot either.

None of this is worth it.

This is like a woman in an abusive relationship with a broke ugly dude going to couples therapy to save the relationship.  What the hell is she trying to accomplish?

Hurts can go to his own qb guru in the offseason while we look for an actual quarterback.

Archived