EMB Blog: 2021 Regular and Post Season

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 75.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I was thinking that as I typed it.

Travis kelce threw a touchdown last night maybe we just have goedert play QB as the new trend lmao 

Guest justrelax
54 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Jeff Lurie has to HATE that there is no "face" for his organization and he is going to go out to try to solve that issue this offseason.  He knows that he needs a franchise QB.  

Well, that "face" better not be Deshawn Watson's.

Hurts already has his own private QB coach who worked wonders with NFL players like Dwayne Haskins. We're fine there.

You can bring in as many QB gurus as you want to work on Hurts mechanics but none of that is going to help him when it comes to staying in the pocket, reading the defense and progressing through his reads. 

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Once....made up a lie about peoples opinions of Derek Carr.....went back to flushing it.  

He has not taken any bait from me, must be hiding behind ignore knowing I would be killing his boy Hurts today.  

14 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I couldn't disagree more that they need to draft a TE in round 2

Sign Everett, Schultz or Ertz in FA.

26 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

The above tweet is interesting regarding a second TE. Maybe it wasn’t just a Doug thing but also something Stout really wanted and acknowledged as well. 

He loves to trap with a TE.

I sadly think there’s close to zero chance Hurts gets any competition to push him for the starter position. Howie will want to justify his decision to draft Hurts with Wentz as the starter and shortly after push Went out. 

we already see Howie doing this because somehow JJAW and Reagor are still on this team.

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

Skip whining about the ump bowling Dak and the center over is funny. Shortest distance between two points is a straight line. If he walks around everyone, time runs out anyway.

To help cheer you up as we face our own QB reality.

Best way to predict the future - Study the past..

Remember when we had Foles as our Young QB and Howie went out and brought in Sam Bradford? 

Then when we had Bradford as our starting QB and Howie went out and drafted Wentz? 

I am predicting we get us a new QB this year - even if it's just a stop gap Like Bradford was. 

6 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

Best way to predict the future - Study the past..

Remember when we had Foles as our Young QB and Howie went out and brought in Sam Bradford? 

Then when we had Bradford as our starting QB and Howie went out and drafted Wentz? 

I am predicting we get us a new QB this year - even if it's just a stop gap Like Bradford was. 

@austinfan buckle up and get  your spin ready, a new QB is coming.  Jeff Lurie's statements, history and three 1st round picks all say it.

"Sorry, Tony.  If we had gotten a referee crew with a faster Umpire, we would have won."

50 minutes ago, Ipiggles said:

I dont always agree with Him on everything. But the analytics are clear, when you lack a Franchise QB, you have no shot at championships. And I am glad Lurie actually wants to WIn Championships. 

I think Lurie is absolutely right about what he's saying, but at the same time, he can't ignore that any QB he gets needs help to succeed also. I'm not exactly a member of the Carson Wentz fan club, and absolutely believe he has his issues independent of things outside his control, but the fact is, the team didn't do enough to make the team around him better, and if they don't help the next guy, history is going to repeat again.

Archived