MTV’s The Challenge

Agent23

20 hours ago, Shocker54 said:

December 9th start

trailer already out

a lot sooner than my February prediction. This will be nice to have on the DVR every week as we go through this hellish winter.  

Still doing my Amazon Prime rewatch - just got to Final Reckoning, a season I totally forgot about somehow. 

It's crazy Dirty Thirty seemed like such a huge season and so recently ago, yet we're already up to Season 36. What a crazy filming schedule the way they were pumping these out. 

23 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

a lot sooner than my February prediction. This will be nice to have on the DVR every week as we go through this hellish winter.  

Still doing my Amazon Prime rewatch - just got to Final Reckoning, a season I totally forgot about somehow. 

It's crazy Dirty Thirty seemed like such a huge season and so recently ago, yet we're already up to Season 36. What a crazy filming schedule the way they were pumping these out. 

I remember that Dirty Thirty being when I first went to Florida following my dad's passing to get his house/etc. in order. Then the most recent season aired right around the time I finally got the house sold and everything with that whole process was wrapped up. I could have just went on the challenge and won a million dollars 6 separate times instead! 

21 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I remember that Dirty Thirty being when I first went to Florida following my dad's passing to get his house/etc. in order. Then the most recent season aired right around the time I finally got the house sold and everything with that whole process was wrapped up. I could have just went on the challenge and won a million dollars 6 separate times instead! 

sorry to hear about your dads passing, I lost mine around the same time. 

Time flying by during this pandemic is wild too, how tf is it Thanksgiving already ?!

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

Holy ish Lolo Jones is on this one? I give her a solid 45 minutes before she has her first full-on meltdown of the season. She'll actually be really hard to get rid of, what with being a legit olympic athlete and all. Lots of crazy for a full season, there.

They're getting pretty interesting with the crossovers, too. We've got a pro-wrestler and someone from America's Got Talent on the show.

1 hour ago, JBENT87 said:

sorry to hear about your dads passing, I lost mine around the same time. 

Time flying by during this pandemic is wild too, how tf is it Thanksgiving already ?!

Sorry to hear of yours as well. I remember setting alarms on my phone that season to make sure I didn’t miss programming while cleaning out the house because no DVR down there haha. 

and agreed on this year. I recall things that feel like a couple months ago, but all before covid which means 8+ months ago at the soonest 

52 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Holy ish Lolo Jones is on this one? I give her a solid 45 minutes before she has her first full-on meltdown of the season. She'll actually be really hard to get rid of, what with being a legit olympic athlete and all. Lots of crazy for a full season, there.

They're getting pretty interesting with the crossovers, too. We've got a pro-wrestler and someone from America's Got Talent on the show.

She was on one of the champs vs stars or whatever they were called seasons where they had challenge cast mates form a team against athletes one year, and celebs another. She was an emotionally sensitive train wreck who’s teammates continually voter her in :roll:  

then I watched the big brother with her and Ryan lochte and Tom green and that was solid too. 

1 hour ago, Agent23 said:

then I watched the big brother with her and Ryan lochte and Tom green and that was solid too. 

yeah, if any of these Challengers(?) are aware of her past on those two shows she should be an easy out as crazy as that sounds. This B is CRAZY emotional. 

No Bananas for the first time since like, forever. Sucks because they brought Devin back and him vs Johnny is always good drama.

And why are they brining back Aneesa's dumpy ass, again.

• Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 2:39 PM, LeanMeanGM said:

No Bananas for the first time since like, forever. Sucks because they brought Devin back and him vs Johnny is always good drama.

And why are they brining back Aneesa's dumpy ass, again.

her confessionals are still good I guess, but it's incredibly strange how the show is semi-marketed as a Ninja Warrior/triathlete competition nowadays with 95% pf the cast making up that physique/skillset... and then they still add in Aneesa and a diva or two from some other trash reality show. Just weird. There's a former professional wrestler and Olympic athlete on it this season for Christ' sake. 

3 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

her confessionals are still good I guess, but it's incredibly strange how the show is semi-marketed as a Ninja Warrior/triathlete competition nowadays with 95% pf the cast making up that physique/skillset... and then they still add in Aneesa and a diva or two from some other trash reality show. Just weird. There's a former professional wrestler and Olympic athlete on it this season for Christ' sake. 

They always do it. If it's not Aneesa they are dragging Jemmye out there like she has any shot at all. They have to fill their 1 no chance in hell, frumpy dumptruck body quota.

• Like 2

Lio Rush has potential to be a good contestant. His strength to body weight ratio should help him in all the climbing challenges they usually, or used to,  have for elimination. 

5 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Lio Rush has potential to be a good contestant. His strength to body weight ratio should help him in all the climbing challenges they usually, or used to,  have for elimination. 

Depends on the challenge. He's athletic but really small, like smaller than even Jay was last season. He'll have an advantage in some but if its a physical against someone like Fessy, Rogan (maybe CT depending on what shape he's in) he doesn't stand a chance.

22 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Depends on the challenge. He's athletic but really small, like smaller than even Jay was last season. He'll have an advantage in some but if its a physical against someone like Fessy, Rogan (maybe CT depending on what shape he's in) he doesn't stand a chance.

oh yea. I just mean a challenge like punch a hole in the wall and climbing up it to ring a bell. It’s not like his day job was an accountant. I’d assume he spends most of his time in the gym to A) look good and B) do whatever lifting is involved in wwe. 

• 2 weeks later...

The first episode for this is already out on your DVR if you have these recorded. It says its just a preview episode but its an hour and shows them arriving at the house and has an intro confessional of essentially every person and their backstory, w TJ narrating before every commercial break teasing the format for this season. Nothing too revealing but was nice to have on in the background while WFH yesterday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBENT87 said:

The first episode for this is already out on your DVR if you have these recorded. It says its just a preview episode but its an hour and shows them arriving at the house and has an intro confessional of essentially every person and their backstory, w TJ narrating before every commercial break teasing the format for this season. Nothing too revealing but was nice to have on in the background while WFH yesterday. 

I watched - it was good.  More like how the show used to start before they got right into the actual competitions within 10 minutes of the first episode.  

Great episode tonight.  Sounds like it could be a very long season, which is great as it’s something to watch for the next 20+ weeks potentially.  I really enjoy the twists and am looking forward to next weeks twist reveal. 

• Like 1

Weird.

Like 10 minutes in to the 1st episode TJ is like " but wait! There is a twist." 

Like,  the show literally Just started 10 minutes ago.  You just had your first comp 5 minutes ago. Why did you think you needed a twist already? You could have just started with this rule when you began,  like 5 minutes ago.

TJ and his twists...so corny.

32 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Weird.

Like 10 minutes in to the 1st episode TJ is like " but wait! There is a twist." 

Like,  the show literally Just started 10 minutes ago.  You just had your first comp 5 minutes ago. Why did you think you needed a twist already? You could have just started with this rule when you began,  like 5 minutes ago.

TJ and his twists...so corny.

you corny!

Being that they clearly showed CT and Wes in future episodes I’m guessing whoever doesn’t get picked just becomes a "rogue agent” and doesn’t have a partner. The whole partner thing doesn’t even make much sense based on tonight. 

It was certainly hilarious that Leroy and Kam made this big power play to get CT out, Aneesa followed suit with Wes, then neither one of them even had to compete :roll: 

That's why they (CT and Wes) both wisely said, you don't shoot your shot that early in the game, before you know all the rules.  All you do is show your hand.  Leroy is one of the all-time jokes of the show anyway - always rode Bananas coattails.  He's a mediocre competitor at best. 

• Like 1

^The slow-mo and music accompanying that shot had me rolling. Another highlight was Aneesa talking about how she's always underestimated and how this is her year in a confessional promptly followed by her tripping over her own feet as she went to jog to her puzzle. Great stuff, MTV.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kz! said:

^The slow-mo and music accompanying that shot had me rolling. Another highlight was Aneesa talking about how she's always underestimated and how this is her year in a confessional promptly followed by her tripping over her own feet as she went to jog to her puzzle. Great stuff, MTV.

Animated_GIF_downsized_large__2_.gif

2 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

It was certainly hilarious that Leroy and Kam made this big power play to get CT out, Aneesa followed suit with Wes, then neither one of them even had to compete :roll: 

That's why they (CT and Wes) both wisely said, you don't shoot your shot that early in the game, before you know all the rules.  All you do is show your hand.  Leroy is one of the all-time jokes of the show anyway - always rode Bananas coattails.  He's a mediocre competitor at best. 

Thank you. Been saying this for years. He just shows up and expects to be in the final every single year and never wins anything. He's a better in shape Josh. 

• Like 1