MTV’s The Challenge

Agent23

24 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Thank you. Been saying this for years. He just shows up and expects to be in the final every single year and never wins anything. He's a better in shape Josh. 

Yeah he looks in shape, but he still sucks at almost everything.  When does he win challenges?  Never.  He's dumb and he can't swim, so puzzles and water are out, and that's like half the show :lol: 

9 hours ago, Kz! said:

^The slow-mo and music accompanying that shot had me rolling. Another highlight was Aneesa talking about how she's always underestimated and how this is her year in a confessional promptly followed by her tripping over her own feet as she went to jog to her puzzle. Great stuff, MTV.

this show is undefeated in greatness 

Tonight’s episode gave me such extreme joy I can’t even describe it 

9 hours ago, Agent23 said:

Tonight’s episode gave me such extreme joy I can’t even describe it 

really loved Fessy getting ****ed out by Kyle at the end for not putting himself in (and one of the girls saying Fessy unbuttoning his shirt while dancing was his only move and the extent of his personality). This guy was such a lame duck soft contestant on Big Brother who moped about a girl all season, but somehow on The Challenge has become the next CT without ever having to fully earn his stripes. 

Not a great start for the "earn your place to the final" gimmick either, after it sent home one of their A listers last season in CT who opted in and this season the power couple is just opting out of going down, instead waiting for the inevitable 4 person purge near the end. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JBENT87 said:

really loved Fessy getting ****ed out by Kyle at the end for not putting himself in (and one of the girls saying Fessy unbuttoning his shirt while dancing was his only move and the extent of his personality). This guy was such a lame duck soft contestant on Big Brother who moped about a girl all season, but somehow on The Challenge has become the next CT without ever having to fully earn his stripes. 

Not a great start for the "earn your place to the final" gimmick either, after it sent home one of their A listers last season in CT who opted in and this season the power couple is just opting out of going down, instead waiting for the inevitable 4 person purge near the end. 

I've always been team Kyle because dude is hilarious as F and is the right kind of energy/party/attitude/deception (and full on OWNING it) that makes this show great. He also ran a Final the year he and Cara were "together" I think because I remember her winning and him maybe being 3rd? It was one that definitely seemed pretty intense. Also maybe another one? With plenty of solid elimination wins. Dude is about the "social life" but still brings energy and effort, so was a but shocked by Nany wanting something different. 

I still remember this "carry all these rocks from one spot to another" and him grabbing all the little ones first to just get this "massive" lead on the competition (maybe was Jordan's proposal season?? That's the "audience" section I feel like I remember them finishing in front of). Anyways, by the end if I recall correct his legs/body was shot so he struggled with the huge/heavy ones :roll: I think he was also the first contestant to outwardly imply he would go to the always winning and dominant US side if they voted him in and he won :lol: Tho I think he had a W before his loss and stayed with his UK

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I've always been team Kyle because dude is hilarious as F and is the right kind of energy/party/attitude/deception (and full on OWNING it) that makes this show great. He also ran a Final the year he and Cara were "together" I think because I remember her winning and him maybe being 3rd? It was one that definitely seemed pretty intense. Also maybe another one? With plenty of solid elimination wins. Dude is about the "social life" but still brings energy and effort, so was a but shocked by Nany wanting something different. 

I still remember this "carry all these rocks from one spot to another" and him grabbing all the little ones first to just get this "massive" lead on the competition (maybe was Jordan's proposal season?? That's the "audience" section I feel like I remember them finishing in front of). Anyways, by the end if I recall correct his legs/body was shot so he struggled with the huge/heavy ones :roll: I think he was also the first contestant to outwardly imply he would go to the always winning and dominant US side if they voted him in and he won :lol: Tho I think he had a W before his loss and stayed with his UK

yep, if he was a co-star his first few seasons he is definitely on the main cast at this point. He is just the best for all those reasons you said.

Honestly, bringing in the Brits was Fing genius by MTV. Just looking at the guys, they bring so much drama but then when you see them in eliminations, they're beasts there as well. I remember thinking in one of Rogans first or second seasons that he was just a popcorn muscle guy who goes to the gym all the time to look good but probably can't really fight to save his life... then he started getting sent into eliminations and he was dominating people. All the while he did this bromance thing with Joss (who also had one of the best eliminations ever in the pole wrestle that went into quadruple OT with Derrick). Which brings us back to Kyle - the guy who gives off the vibes that he parties the most in the house, but now has a resume of going into eliminations and winning as well as having run a couple finals in his short time as well. 

• Like 1

Kyle's move to Cam was a really smart play, and I thought a move Wes needed to make if he got sent in and won. Kyle's really in a great position now, with a skull and partnered up with the most connected girl in the house.

They are definitely not just going to alternate guy/girl elims, so trying to guess which it will be on a given night is going to be tricky. Wouldn't be surprised if next week's elim is a guy one, too.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Kyle's move to Cam was a really smart play, and I thought a move Wes needed to make if he got sent in and won. Kyle's really in a great position now, with a skull and partnered up with the most connected girl in the house.

They are definitely not just going to alternate guy/girl elims, so trying to guess which it will be on a given night is going to be tricky. Wouldn't be surprised if next week's elim is a guy one, too.

yeah this seasons "game twist" is one of the better ones. I had to take a second and do the layout in my head with who this weeks rogue agent would be and end up getting partnered with CT based on last week. This sets up for a lot of potential in house screwjobs with the one partner throwing a comp to get their current partner sent in, so they end up with the sitting rogue agent. Unless, like you said, TJ nips that in the bud next week and says sorry but we're not alternating male/female and giving you the chance of self sabotage like that. 

Only 10 skulls to get to the final hopefully doesn't mean this is only an 11/12 episode season.  That would be my only possible gripe at the moment. That said, we are getting 1.5 hour episodes thus far, so maybe it evens out.

1 hour ago, JBENT87 said:

yeah this seasons "game twist" is one of the better ones. I had to take a second and do the layout in my head with who this weeks rogue agent would be and end up getting partnered with CT based on last week. This sets up for a lot of potential in house screwjobs with the one partner throwing a comp to get their current partner sent in, so they end up with the sitting rogue agent. Unless, like you said, TJ nips that in the bud next week and says sorry but we're not alternating male/female and giving you the chance of self sabotage like that. 

Only 10 skulls to get to the final hopefully doesn't mean this is only an 11/12 episode season.  That would be my only possible gripe at the moment. That said, we are getting 1.5 hour episodes thus far, so maybe it evens out.

I think with covid and filming limitations they will stretch this season out to be one of the longest to help fill air time. There's still 28 players left, 26 without skulls and 8 skulls left. I expect some type of mini purge but they aren't going to just dump 18 players after all the skulls are given out. 

I agree that Kyle is one of the more entertaining people in the game.  I think that eventually some of the people with a skull will go back in the elimination match, so they can get a few more episodes out of that.  As they get down towards the end, they’ll may figure that if they vote in a person with a skull, it gives them a chance to get one easier.

Think of it this way, Natalie gets voted in.  The winning girl can either go against Natalie to get the skull or pick someone who is a weaker player to try to get that skull.  If the weaker player loses, no harm.  If they win, now you’ve got a weak player potentially in the finals to run against, or possibly someone you can steal the skull from later on in the game. 

14 hours ago, Kz! said:

The Kam move was awesome. She will want a skull so the move is voting herself in, winning, and then getting to pick a new partner is she’s not keen on keeping Kyle. But I love that he has no concern over what waves he causes. 

plus he mentioned earlier grabbing the athletes lolo, which is smart and makes sense... so that he knew kam is the smarter pick there with alliances/etc shows just how smart this guy is under his party boy womanizing facade 

On 12/25/2020 at 1:31 AM, LeanMeanGM said:

I feel this needs a repost.

Josh sucks. 

Such a whiny puss. Was same on Big Bro and probably the worst winner ever on that show who won through the most bitter jury ever. He does bring drama but at what cost. Has he ever won anything meaningful competition wise?

1 hour ago, homerpat said:

Such a whiny puss. Was same on Big Bro and probably the worst winner ever on that show who won through the most bitter jury ever. He does bring drama but at what cost. Has he ever won anything meaningful competition wise?

Nope.  Dude lost in a tug of war to Jordan, who only has one hand

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Nope.  Dude lost in a tug of war to Jordan, who only has one hand

I'm shocked casting continues to give him chances to redeem himself after that. Seems he's  destined to carry that tag around with him.

24 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

He's only there because he's good for drama in the house.  

He’s not even good drama though.  He’s drama for no good reason.  It does seem like he’s on roids as his drama issues have gone from him crying every time to wanting to fight people now.

Josh, when on BB, would get upset when he felt attacked, but would attack others and claim he was just playing the game.  He would tell others who he felt were attacking him, that they were being personal, not gameplay, so it was different.  He was wrong each time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

He’s not even good drama though.  He’s drama for no good reason.  It does seem like he’s on roids as his drama issues have gone from him crying every time to wanting to fight people now.

Josh, when on BB, would get upset when he felt attacked, but would attack others and claim he was just playing the game.  He would tell others who he felt were attacking him, that they were being personal, not gameplay, so it was different.  He was wrong each time.

It's cheap drama. He's good for some tears and at least 2 shouting matches every season. Just look at how easy it is with Devin's lame trolling attempt. All you have to do is say Big Brother sucks and he will start crying. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

just watched. That was tough. Definitely a messy game and this is just who Fessy is (again, his Big Brother showing was hard to watch how dumb he was). I understand it though to an extent. He has the hallbrawl now, albeit vs an ally, where he has a 80% chance of winning (maybe more). If he doesnt go in to preserve that alliance and then gets sent down later in two weeks to a puzzle (25% chance of winning) he's F'd. Though he now risks being a target for that puzzle elimination having pissed off a pretty large alliance in the house seemingly. 

Anyone else think the editing has been slightly off this season? Seems like a lot of moving parts at the moment and none of them are particularly interesting. The beginning of this episode with Devin acting like a 7th grader telling the new girl to leave, which then somehow started a rivalry amongst them just made me wanna turn the show off. Or maybe this is all just the Bananas Effect. Not having him around to fan the flames and provide an easy target is a fool proof template for this show that they obviously cant use this season. 

First, Bananas is awesome. And missed.

Fessy saw a ring on the ground when Kyle won. He's def bish made. So lame to go in against Nelson. I think Nelson had the distance on the first round which means Fessy's speed/length won that. On the 2nd round they were like at the 20% mark in the tunnel meaning Nelson had like 3x more tunnel to run before his buzzer than Fessy. 

18 hours ago, Agent23 said:

First, Bananas is awesome. And missed.

Fessy saw a ring on the ground when Kyle won. He's def bish made. So lame to go in against Nelson. I think Nelson had the distance on the first round which means Fessy's speed/length won that. On the 2nd round they were like at the 20% mark in the tunnel meaning Nelson had like 3x more tunnel to run before his buzzer than Fessy. 

Nelson is absolutely a beast. Not the smartest tool in the shed, but he comes to play every season he's on and almost always earns his respect in physical competitions (::erases the kicking the flaming soccer ball one from memory::)

But yeah if he ever wins one of these things he def will have earned it.

5 minutes ago, JBENT87 said:

Nelson is absolutely a beast. Not the smartest tool in the shed, but he comes to play every season he's on and almost always earns his respect in physical competitions (::erases the kicking the flaming soccer ball one from memory::)

But yeah if he ever wins one of these things he def will have earned it.

Him and Cory were so trash at that soccer elimination :roll:

What ever happened to their light skinned buddy Hunter? Ashley took his money and I feel like he's vanished ever since. I'm struggling to remember if he returned for one season after that our not. TEAM YB!!! :roll::roll:

• Like 1