Cutting the cord

wholesale_Melvin

21 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I do like to be able to bounce around between all of them. Hell the way they are doing internet now I can bounce around with them too

Same. Even with YouTubetv (temporary) losing ABC channels, it's still much freer and better than cable imo. My brother has cable still, has 4 tvs and 2 boxes. On game day we watch the birds in his basement on the big TV (which has a line run from upstairs to the cable box) and then red zone on his smaller bar tv. RedZone is through the smart tv app and I link my YouTubetv to it. Much easier to use a streaming service with a smart tv or $30 casting device than pay for multiple boxes every month. 

1 hour ago, BFit said:

Same. Even with YouTubetv (temporary) losing ABC channels, it's still much freer and better than cable imo. My brother has cable still, has 4 tvs and 2 boxes. On game day we watch the birds in his basement on the big TV (which has a line run from upstairs to the cable box) and then red zone on his smaller bar tv. RedZone is through the smart tv app and I link my YouTubetv to it. Much easier to use a streaming service with a smart tv or $30 casting device than pay for multiple boxes every month. 

That's where they get you with their BS equipment fees. If it wasn't for those my cable bill wouldn't of been bad at all. 

All back to normal. All channels came back in under 48 hours,  price stays the same and we get a $15 credit for this month

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BFit said:

All back to normal. All channels came back in under 48 hours,  price stays the same and we get a $15 credit for this month

yeeeeeet!

13 hours ago, BFit said:

Oh thank goodness - now we can see ESPN praise the Cowboys all day today.  

WHEW!

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, sameaglesfan said:

Oh thank goodness - now we can see ESPN praise the Cowboys all day today.  

WHEW!

I was just worried about seeing always sunny on Wednesday :lol:

20 hours ago, BFit said:

i have 9 tv's in my house :blush:  so i was getting killed with all those dvr & cable box monthly fees.

glad things worked out with yttv....today is the day i was going to sign up for hulu because i didn't want to miss mnf. now i don't have to. :groovy:

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 12:30 AM, mr_hunt said:

this will push people to hulu...and disney owns hulu.

I'm assuming that would be the plan. Push them to a platform you already own or get more dollars from another company. Win/win for Disney

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i have 9 tv's in my house :blush:  so i was getting killed with all those dvr & cable box monthly fees.

glad things worked out with yttv....today is the day i was going to sign up for hulu because i didn't want to miss mnf. now i don't have to. :groovy:

Dude

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Mat said:

I'm assuming that would be the plan. Push them to a platform you already own or get more dollars from another company. Win/win for Disney

I hate Disney and Amazon they are the devil!

On 12/20/2021 at 9:17 AM, mr_hunt said:

wait...i think it's 10...but 1 is used strictly for gaming. :roll:  

I used to get criticized for my TVs and I think my highest total was 5 (one in master bedroom, one in guest bedroom, one in finished basement, two in living room). 

I’ve been down to 3 but closed on a house last week and will be moving into it early January. I’ll have a dedicated guest bedroom again as well as a Den area, so potential to jump back up to 5. Best Buy abandoned the loophole in their "Total Tech Support” where you could buy a Roku or similar low-priced home theater device and get free tv mounting. They also did away with the flat $50 mounting fee with that membership (and made it 20% savings off services… that run $200 normally). So it would cost $160 now for them to dismount my 75in before my move. 

so I bought a 43” TCL Roku to throw in the guest bedroom on sale for like $200ish because their Total Tech still gives free mounting on television purchases, so I’m just going to apply that free service to them taking down my 75”. 

On 12/20/2021 at 9:17 AM, mr_hunt said:

I mean I have 5, but I only have 6 rooms in my house including the bathroom. One is an outside TV though,  and ones an auxiliary TV if I need 2 screens

2 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I used to get criticized for my TVs and I think my highest total was 5 (one in master bedroom, one in guest bedroom, one in finished basement, two in living room). 

I’ve been down to 3 but closed on a house last week and will be moving into it early January. I’ll have a dedicated guest bedroom again as well as a Den area, so potential to jump back up to 5. Best Buy abandoned the loophole in their "Total Tech Support” where you could buy a Roku or similar low-priced home theater device and get free tv mounting. They also did away with the flat $50 mounting fee with that membership (and made it 20% savings off services… that run $200 normally). So it would cost $160 now for them to dismount my 75in before my move. 

so I bought a 43” TCL Roku to throw in the guest bedroom on sale for like $200ish because their Total Tech still gives free mounting on television purchases, so I’m just going to apply that free service to them taking down my 75”. 

Wait,  so they charge you $160 to take your TV and mount off the wall? 

Just now, BFit said:

I mean I have 5, but I only have 6 rooms in my house including the bathroom. One is an outside TV though,  and ones an auxiliary TV if I need 2 screens

I’ve done the permanent 2 screens since I’ll often find times where I’ll use both and since it’s just me it hasn’t really mattered. With the new place I’m uncertain if I just put the 75” by itself in the main level/living room area and use the "Den” space as a dual-tv room with two 55” screens… or do I go totally bonkers and have dual screens downstairs as well as doing smaller dual screens in the den area… 

1 minute ago, BFit said:

Wait,  so they charge you $160 to take your TV and mount off the wall? 

Their flat fee (that I think it’s always been) is $200 for any mount or dismount service. 55” and under I mount and dismount myself, but over 55” is larger than I’m able to physically handle/balance/etc myself due to size awkwardness, and I don’t know anyone in Minnesota well enough or that I trust enough to help me do it, so it’s best to be safe and outsource. 

In the past with the membership it was a flat $50 which is a no brainer and this past summer when they kept modifying the plan and what you get, they were allowing free mount/dismount with anything that fell under home theater including like $25 bare bones streaming sticks (Roku/fire/etc). But the guy said they shut the door on that loophole a few months ago 

22 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I’ve done the permanent 2 screens since I’ll often find times where I’ll use both and since it’s just me it hasn’t really mattered. With the new place I’m uncertain if I just put the 75” by itself in the main level/living room area and use the "Den” space as a dual-tv room with two 55” screens… or do I go totally bonkers and have dual screens downstairs as well as doing smaller dual screens in the den area… 

i think you have at least one room with just the 75 in it. make that a theater room with good surround sound and good lighting. then make one a hang out space with multiple tvs and an area to hang out with people, incase you accidently make friends :lol: 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Their flat fee (that I think it’s always been) is $200 for any mount or dismount service. 55” and under I mount and dismount myself, but over 55” is larger than I’m able to physically handle/balance/etc myself due to size awkwardness, and I don’t know anyone in Minnesota well enough or that I trust enough to help me do it, so it’s best to be safe and outsource. 

In the past with the membership it was a flat $50 which is a no brainer and this past summer when they kept modifying the plan and what you get, they were allowing free mount/dismount with anything that fell under home theater including like $25 bare bones streaming sticks (Roku/fire/etc). But the guy said they shut the door on that loophole a few months ago 

just sounds expensive to me. my brother hung his 75" tv in his basement by his self, and really shouldnt take an experianced installer more that an hour to hang or dismount. if you over value your time, $75 would be a decent price to dismount a tv.

7 hours ago, BFit said:

just sounds expensive to me. my brother hung his 75" tv in his basement by his self, and really shouldnt take an experianced installer more that an hour to hang or dismount. if you over value your time, $75 would be a decent price to dismount a tv.

Did your brother get the 6’6” gene that you somehow missed?!?

8 hours ago, BFit said:

we have 1 in each of the 4 bedrooms, 1 in the family room, 1 in the office, 1 outside on the porch, 2 next to each other in the mancave for sports, & 1 more in the mancave for gaming.  :blush: 

8 hours ago, BFit said:

yeah, i've mounted all of my tv's by myself. it's really easy. 

35 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah, i've mounted all of my tv's by myself. it's really easy. 

dude, this is a family oriented forums. take that hippie crap back to Birdsboro where it belongs. 

however, if you keep it christian, you can do a dishwasher.

3 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

@Agent23 as frugal as you are I cant believe you pay 200 dollars for someone to do an incredibly simple job. Mount your own TVs.

I want to see each of you fogtags posting videos of yourself getting a 75” tv onto and then off of a wall by yourselves. Zero chance that happens. 

I also stated numerous times that’s I’ve never paid more than $50 and that there’s no way I’m paying $200 (or the discounted $160) and instead am just buying an additional tv I would have wound up getting anyways to take advantage of the free install/dismount service that I get as part of a new tv purchase. 

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I want to see each of you fogtags posting videos of yourself getting a 75” tv onto and then off of a wall by yourselves. Zero chance that happens. 

thats kinda ghey. no?

On 12/20/2021 at 6:15 AM, mikemack8 said:

Dude

On 12/20/2021 at 6:17 AM, mr_hunt said:

I have 6.  Living room, master bedroom, workout room, 2 in my office and on my deck.