Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Realy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I forget if he ever smashed Reese in Cruel Intentions. Movie went from on all the time in the 90s to like vanished in the past 2 decades. 

I never realized how much chess players like drugs, until I did drugs with a bunch of chess players.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Has anyone seen Mank and if so, how was it? 

TheRinger has it as a top movie 

As someone with a pretty solid history of watching movies, I have missed a lot of old films, including CK, so until I watch that I get the impression this film will not hit as hard... so my answer is not yet!

2 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Has anyone seen Mank and if so, how was it? 

I as so psyched to watch this because I love Fincher. My verdict... weird, boring, snooze fest. 

I also hate Citizen Kane. I had to watch it about 30 times in college and write multiple papers on it. So that may have negatively impacted my enjoyment of the film. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gannan said:

I as so psyched to watch this because I love Fincher. My verdict... weird, boring, snooze fest. 

I also hate Citizen Kane. I had to watch it about 30 times in college and write multiple papers on it. So that may have negatively impacted my enjoyment of the film. 

Yeah it’s annoying that he gave up on mindhunter to make this movie

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gannan said:

That was my impression.  It's a film maker's circle jerk with the lighting and angles and story structure as an homage to CK.  I always applaud historical fiction that doesn't dumb down the point of view for a modern audience so even more points.

Buuuut.  Yeah its boring as F.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

Yeah it’s annoying that he gave up on mindhunter to make this movie

I thought that was canceled because it was too expensive?

On 12/2/2020 at 9:59 AM, Gannan said:

Same. My dad taught me when I was 5. I've tried to teach my kids how to play and they have no interest in it what so ever. 

Maybe try putting it on an Ipad or something?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I thought that was canceled because it was too expensive?

I read it was because he wanted to focus on this Mank movie (among other things) 

I can’t imagine money would matter with Netflix, as big as they are

9 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

I read it was because he wanted to focus on this Mank movie (among other things) 

I can’t imagine money would matter with Netflix, as big as they are

Netflix don't like forking out money for shows after season 2. There was a pattern there for a while where a lot of their big shows were getting 2 seasons and the third would be announced as the last. I think they figured out in their algorithm that shows would cost more after season 2 because they don't bring new subscribers in past that point. 

1 hour ago, Mat said:

Netflix don't like forking out money for shows after season 2. There was a pattern there for a while where a lot of their big shows were getting 2 seasons and the third would be announced as the last. I think they figured out in their algorithm that shows would cost more after season 2 because they don't bring new subscribers in past that point. 

Actors tend to want a new contract if it's a hit after 2 years.

I'm currently engulfed in Manhunter: Deadly Games.  I never saw the 1st season.  Once you get through the 1st couple of episodes, this show gets INCREDIBLE!  I watched 7 episodes last night and am gonna finish tonight.  This show is written really really well, and the bomb expert that works for ATF is an awesome actor.  Don't read the spoiler if you haven't seen.  

Spoiler

This show is a total mindF.  I really believed this lunatic serial bomber was religious and doing all this for a cause, then boom........his psychosis is displayed right in front of you.  

10 hours ago, hputenis said:

I'm currently engulfed in Manhunter: Deadly Games.  I never saw the 1st season.  Once you get through the 1st couple of episodes, this show gets INCREDIBLE!  I watched 7 episodes last night and am gonna finish tonight.  This show is written really really well, and the bomb expert that works for ATF is an awesome actor.  Don't read the spoiler if you haven't seen.  

Reveal hidden contents

This show is a total mindF.  I really believed this lunatic serial bomber was religious and doing all this for a cause, then boom........his psychosis is displayed right in front of you.  

Is this just a retelling of Richard Jewell? 

15 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Is this just a retelling of Richard Jewell? 

Yes.  I wasn't fully aware of the story, and I still haven't seen the movie, so this was all fresh to me.  Loved it.  

• Like 1

I thought The Midnight Sky was pretty good. It was uneven, but when it was good, it was really good.

I was wondering why he didn’t show what happened to the girl at the end, but then it occurred to me, we already know what happened.

Ava was turrible.  Even by the standard of petite women physically dominating wave after wave of trained male soldiers, this one was ridiculous.

2 hours ago, The_Omega said:

I thought The Midnight Sky was pretty good. It was uneven, but when it was good, it was really good.

Reveal hidden contents

I was wondering why he didn’t show what happened to the girl at the end, but then it occurred to me, we already know what happened.

Ava was turrible.  Even by the standard of petite women physically dominating wave after wave of trained male soldiers, this one was ridiculous.

Spoiler

I thought it was stupid as hell that they allowed the 2 guys to travel back to Earth to basically commit suicide. There's no way they give up 1 of only 2 spacecraft for that one way trip

That was a ton of blood coming from the one woman. They never said what happened except it was a puncture wound which kind of annoyed me

13 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

So this movie lost me when Clooney, who is dying of cancer or whatever, falls into the freezing water and survives. 

4 minutes ago, c_u_in_tampa said:
  Hide contents

So this movie lost me when Clooney, who is dying of cancer or whatever, falls into the freezing water and survives. 

:lol: Yeah, there was that.

29 minutes ago, c_u_in_tampa said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

And it's not even like he quickly got out. He swam trying to catch the medic bag and even paused while watching it sink further and further down. His body should have gone into shock when he fell in

Also how did the girl survive a suit that was punctured long enough to pause outside and be taken inside? And why was that her first space walk? How/Why was she even in space if she can't stop puking?

What's funny is that Clooney was in Gravity which was pretty accurate and then goes into this movie lol

Ma Rainey's Black Bottom is likely going to win a bunch of awards

Chadwick Boseman and Viola Davis were great