Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

I watched "Notorious" which is a documentary on Conor McGregor UFC fighter. I do not watch or follow UFC and only vaguely know who the guy is but it was an interesting doc

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gannan said:

I watched "Notorious" which is a documentary on Conor McGregor UFC fighter. I do not watch or follow UFC and only vaguely know who the guy is but it was an interesting doc

If you like sports documentaries, check out Last Dance. It's about Michael Jordan NBA player.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Kz! said:

If you like sports documentaries, check out Last Dance. It's about Michael Jordan NBA player.

Saw it thanks. Please don't pretend UFC is on the level of the NBA. 

• Haha 2

On 3/11/2021 at 11:07 AM, The_Omega said:

The Staircase - We've been on a documentary binge, and this one is kind of old, so you all have probably seen it, but, IMHO, this one is among the gold standards of true crime documentaries.  At 13 episodes it's longer than most, but if this show doesn't scare the hell out of you by demonstrating what corruption within our judicial system is capable of, then nothing will.  I'm not even 100% convinced that Peterson is innocent, but I do know that the actions of the Durham DA's office and medical examiners was criminal, and many of them should been the ones in prison.

Look up the owl theory. I've never been more sure of anything in my life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BirdsFanBill said:

Look up the owl theory. I've never been more sure of anything in my life.

That's wild.  After reading about it, it also kind of seems like the most reasonable explanation.  

3 hours ago, hputenis said:

That's wild.  After reading about it, it also kind of seems like the most reasonable explanation.  

It is for sure what happened in my opinion. Too much to really throw it out, especially the scratches and owl feathers. 

• Like 1

Behind Her Eyes is a nice little mini series.  Nice set up, nice pay off, interesting characters.

Death Note was interesting

Spoiler

Didn't understand how people who weren't the holder of the book could still write in it and kill people. What's the point of being the holder then?

Late on this one but watched The Trial of the Chicago 7. Part of me putting it off was I thought the synopsis was fairly boring, but this was a really well done movie. 

On 3/20/2021 at 6:33 PM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Last Chance U Basketball is really good.  I have seen all of the football seasons.  This was the first basketball season.  Follows a JuCo school in LA.  Biggest take away. KJ Allen.  Now with USC.  Such a nice young man.  Very reserved and respectful but a baller.  Man amongst boys.  Great show.  

I got really really into this one.

Spoiler

I wasn't thinking about the timing of the show and Covid as I was watching it. I should have figured they'd never get to finish the season.

• Like 1

Watched "The Impossible" over the weekend. Its a movie about a family that survives the Tsunami that hit Thailand in 2004 I think it was. Based on a true story. Ewen McGregor was really good as the husband/dad. Overall a pretty solid movie. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Watching ****tts Creek.  I’m enjoying it.  Except for one person.  Moira or however you pronounce her name.  Her face.  Her voice.  Her dumb outfits.  She really is hard to watch.  Terrible casting.  Love all the other characters. David makes the show.  

Moria is weird and takes a lot of getting used to, but shell eventually provide some good moments too. Her bluntness can be funny at times.

David does. But he and Alexis, and he and Stevie play off each other so well. 

Its great watching Roland and the dad's relationship evolve too. 

the more I talk about it the more I could go on. Everything is good about it, even if it doesnt all start that way. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yeah. The natural back and forth with David Stevie and his sister really makes the show.  I’ve always enjoyed Chris Elliott.  I’m almost done with S1.  So it’s nice to know it gets better.  

****t's Creek: Best Wishes and Warmest Regards (or something like that) is worth a watch after you finish the series. Its an after show where the cast talks about what it was like making the show.

The actor who plays David, and his real life dad Eugene Levy/Johnny Rose both created the show. Twyla is David's real life sister as well. 

13 hours ago, Gannan said:

Watched "The Impossible" over the weekend. Its a movie about a family that survives the Tsunami that hit Thailand in 2004 I think it was. Based on a true story. Ewen McGregor was really good as the husband/dad. Overall a pretty solid movie. 

Tom Holland put on a solid performance being only 13 or so. 

• Like 1

My favorite Netflix shows/series:

****t's Creek

Dead to Me (girlfriend liked)

Santa Clarita Diet (laugh out loud funny)

Ozark

You

Money Heist (Highly recommend)

Peaky Blinders (Even more highly recommend)

And if you have nothing better to do: Cobra Kai, Sex Education, Mind Hunters

• Like 1

Watched Operation Varsity Blues: The College Admissions Scandal last night - Highly recommend, can and can't believe what some people paid and did to get their kids into certain colleges.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Gern Blanston said:

Watched Operation Varsity Blues: The College Admissions Scandal last night - Highly recommend, can and can't believe what some people paid and did to get their kids into certain colleges.

yeah...they were so blatant about it too. crazy. 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 8:56 PM, HazletonEagle said:

Moria is weird and takes a lot of getting used to, but shell eventually provide some good moments too. Her bluntness can be funny at times.

Folks need to respect Kevin McAllister’s mom.

• Like 1

Finally got around to watching season 3 of Ozark. I thought season 2 fell off, which is why it took me so long, but this season was pretty good.

On 3/21/2021 at 6:56 PM, Mike030270 said:

Death Note was interesting

Reveal hidden contents

Didn't understand how people who weren't the holder of the book could still write in it and kill people. What's the point of being the holder then?

It's been a while since I watched the anime but IIRC the holder can be anyone who finds it. Not like it has to be bestowed on them or anything, it isn't a special title. I don't remember anyone else writing in light's book though except when he gave those pages to his gf while he was locked up.

Unless you're talking about the Netflix movie which was horrible and I have mostly blocked out of my memory. Willem Dafoe was a great casting though, only bright spot in that train wreck.

23 hours ago, NYEagle said:

****t's Creek

Brilliant show.  Honestly might be the best sitcom since Married with children.

On 3/23/2021 at 8:56 PM, HazletonEagle said:

David does. But he and Alexis, and he and Stevie play off each other so well. 

Its great watching Roland and the dad's relationship evolve too. 

the more I talk about it the more I could go on. Everything is good about it, even if it doesnt all start that way. 

I'm watching it 2nd time through since I only caught spot episodes while wifey binged it the first time.  Moira, to me, is the brightest star of a constellation of great characters actors.  Her overly dramatic fatalisms are punchline daggers that take me from laughing to howling.  And yes absolutely, the 2nd time through really lets you appreciate the fantastic work of supporting characters like Roland and Bob.  The back and forth between Levy and Elliot is some of the craftiest comedy tandem work i have ever seen.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2021 at 5:24 AM, NYEagle said:

My favorite Netflix shows/series:

Dead to Me (girlfriend liked)

Wasn't sure if I would like that when the wife started watching it, but it was surprisingly good.

22 hours ago, Weaponx01 said:

Folks need to respect Kevin McAllister’s mom.

CPS should have taken that kid away the first time they left him home alone.