Netflix Instant Recommendations

Captain F

On 11/4/2020 at 1:51 PM, mr_hunt said:

watched a netflix movie called cam because it was about a webcam bro-ad, so i thought there'd be some good nudity.  there was plenty of nudity...but i'm not sure it was worth sitting through the movie for. :meh:   

I saw it awhile ago. From what I remember, it wasn't really worth it

On 11/4/2020 at 7:19 PM, 20dawk4life said:

Jessica Parker Kennedy is hot as f

Madeline Brewer and Samantha Robinson look decent on google. Not exactly pron star bodies I look for but still good looking. Maybe next time you're trying to spank the monkey just try upron. 

Jessica Parker Kennedy was glorious in Black Sails

9 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I didn’t know that.   They were just getting into BTK.   That ****s.  (Why is s ucks edited out on this board)

Correction:   It’s not officially cancelled.   

It's too expensive(although worth it)

https://www.vulture.com/2020/10/mindhunter-season-three-not-happening.html

21 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Jessica Parker Kennedy was glorious in Black Sails

It's too expensive(although worth it)

https://www.vulture.com/2020/10/mindhunter-season-three-not-happening.html

I second that.  Especially the first episode where she's fully naked laying on the bed. 

On 11/1/2020 at 9:39 AM, The_Omega said:

I liked Bly Manor. Yeah, it was long on the exposition, but intense enough to make it worth it.

Just finished. There were some down moments in this, where you were still in horror/edge of your seat waiting for a jump scare mode, but once you realized they weren't coming (at the rate they did in Hill House at least) and let this thing breathe and be its own story, thats when it started to hit a little more. 

I give Flanagan a lot of credit though for trying to establish his own rules/system w the ghosts in this house/story. This wasn't just the American Horror Story "Murder House" where if you die in the house you're stuck there. There was a lot more to it than that, with the "tucking away" and constantly going back to/getting stuck in memories and the weird "it's you, it's me, it's us" phrase that let the ghost slip into a human host, or whatever was happening there. I dont know if it was executed the best, as my prior sentence displays, but the fact that he dove into these characters so hard and made it their respective convoluted love stories, and not just another haunted house ghost story, I respect.

On 11/7/2020 at 4:34 AM, Dwide Schrude said:

Not Netflix but I’ve been watching Reno 911...one of funniest shows I’ve watched 

Reno 911 is one of the best shows ever 

3/4 of the way through Season 2 of Dexter (just finished the episode where Doakes found him at the cabin) - this show is fantastically suspenseful.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

3/4 of the way through Season 2 of Dexter (just finished the episode where Doakes found him at the cabin) - this show is fantastically suspenseful.  

Is that the season where dexter was dating some batsheet crazy dark haired thotty? I almost feel like I recall this but after close to a decade my brain may be completely mistaken 

8 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Is that the season where dexter was dating some batsheet crazy dark haired thotty? I almost feel like I recall this but after close to a decade my brain may be completely mistaken 

Yeah the British chick that was his "sponsor" :lol: Set her own apartment on fire so he would spend more time with her 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

i know i'm super late to the party but i just started watching cobra kai.  3 eps in & i'm entertained. 

The wildfires in CA are envious of the flames that show has 

21 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

We're gonna give this one a look tonight.  

my immediate reaction to seeing this was "instant classic." Not the best movie in the world but definitely fun for being a little darker. Some Scorsese-ness to it. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

i know i'm super late to the party but i just started watching cobra kai.  3 eps in & i'm entertained. 

That show deserves it's own thread. I have a lot of theories about season 3. 

15 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

my immediate reaction to seeing this was "instant classic." Not the best movie in the world but definitely fun for being a little darker. Some Scorsese-ness to it. 

I’d say it’s up there as one of the best Netflix made films. 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2020 at 3:48 PM, mr_hunt said:

Lol I haven't even watched it yet but there's been good reviews from here

On 11/14/2020 at 12:56 AM, Mike030270 said:

Lol I haven't even watched it yet but there's been good reviews from here

I was pleasantly surprised. Definitely worth a watch.

On 11/1/2020 at 7:32 AM, 20dawk4life said:

Anyone watch formula 1? 

I started watching the Netflix behind the scenes show about it, Drive to Survive, and now can't stop trying to watch it live. 

F1 is pretty cool. It’s becoming a little too technology dominant though with drivers making less of an impact on outcomes. If you want some great F1 movies, I’ve got two excellent ones for you. 

Rush, starring Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl, about the real life 1970’s rivalry between James Hunt driving for McLaren and Nikki Lauda driving for Ferrari. One of my favorite movies of the last 10 years. Haven’t met a person who watched it and didn’t like it. Lauda eventually ended up being just as good of a team manager as he was a driver, working for Mercedes. I can’t find a trailer that doesn’t ruin the story or give away all the best parts, but trust me it’s awesome.

The second is Senna, a documentary about Ayrton Senna, the Brazilian driver of the 1980’s and early 90’s widely considered to be the greatest race car driver in history. McLaren has named a super car after him, to put into perspective his legacy.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TEW said:

F1 is pretty cool. It’s becoming a little too technology dominant though with drivers making less of an impact on outcomes. If you want some great F1 movies, I’ve got two excellent ones for you. 

Rush, starring Chris Hemsworth and Daniel Bruhl, about the real life 1970’s rivalry between James Hunt driving for McLaren and Nikki Lauda driving for Ferrari. One of my favorite movies of the last 10 years. Haven’t met a person who watched it and didn’t like it. Lauda eventually ended up being just as good of a team manager as he was a driver, working for Mercedes. I can’t find a trailer that doesn’t ruin the story or give away all the best parts, but trust me it’s awesome.

The second is Senna, a documentary about Ayrton Senna, the Brazilian driver of the 1980’s and early 90’s widely considered to be the greatest race car driver in history. McLaren has named a super car after him, to put into perspective his legacy.

Haven’t seen Senna. I’ll check it out. Agreed on Rush.  Great movie. 

Also F1 is the greatest racing sport ever, but only if Hamilton and Bottas crash out of the race. Other than that it’s a Mercedes 1-2 then two minutes later everyone else is coming by. 

• Like 1

10 Episodes of The Crown Season 4 were so good.  I couldn't turn it off and now I have to wait a long time for season 5!

Your wives are going to love it.

• Haha 1

On 11/16/2020 at 10:41 AM, DiPros said:

10 Episodes of The Crown Season 4 were so good.  I couldn't turn it off and now I have to wait a long time for season 5!

Your wives are going to love it.

The Crown is not the kind of show dudes talk to other dudes about.  It is however a brilliant show with top notch acting, set design and one of the consistently best scripts to ever hit television.  Most of all it is a deceptively powerful slow burn drama.  The 4th season, with the "2nd" cast stocked with front line actors now fully in its groove, might be the best yet.  This is a groundbreaking take on both historical fiction and biopics.

If you're a solo dude and don't watch it, I sure as F don't blame you.  But rest assured the awards are well deserved.

• Like 1

Holy hell, Queens Gambit was magnificent. Come for the hotness of Anna Taylor-Joy, stay for the alternate take on Rocky IV. So good and visually pleasing (and not just because of hot how ATJ is). 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, JBENT87 said:

Holy hell, Queens Gambit was magnificent. Come for the hotness of Anna Taylor-Joy, stay for the alternate take on Rocky IV. So good and visually pleasing (and not just because of hot how ATJ is). 

Another huge win for the 1 season series as the future of TV.

• Like 2